Search results for query: *

1. Audiate

The Polans [Polans] [NA]

Good luck! :smile:
  2. Audiate

SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

Why's there no official 6.0 changelog anywhere? :???:
  3. Audiate

Adov said:
    I heard there's a valyrian sword lying around in Wyk Hall which can be claimed by capturing the castle as an independent lord. Luckily (?) that sole castle was taken by the Westerlands so I only had to storm the walls for 3 times - build a tower, spray the walls with arrows, retreat for resupply, build another dayum tower, repeat, sink the reinforcement fleet with the help of a nearby ironborn lord, build the third bloody tower, pre-snipe the remaining archers and knights and finally storm the walls and win.
    The first surprise - there's no player faction anymore and I'm stuck with crappy freelancers rather than good ol heavy knights. Don't tell me they're customizable cuz they're not - a choice between three identical sets of armor and a bunch of rather useless exotical swords is not a choice really. And apparently they're called freelancers because their cavalry is lance-free :smile: But oh well, we were aiming for the sword, rite?
    Next day an event pops up, telling that the sword is there (gud thing lannisters didn't snatch it), but there's no option to take the sword. I can only leave it there and claim the honors of being an honorable fool. What's the catch here? Do I need to be extremely dishonorable to even think about taking it? Or is the problem with the Lannisters taking castle before me? Did they just came and sticked it to the wall with a superglue so noone could ever take it?

Assuming it's similar to the Dawn/Starfall event, you have to have a certain negative honor to take it.
  4. Audiate

Clan Communication - TeamSpeak vs. Discord

I'm really curious what the primary reasons TeamSpeak users are turned off from a change to Discord. I've heard worse sound quality, worse connection quality (I can personally agree with this one), less security, less privacy, and fewer displayable roles/perms (definitely a problem in my book), among other disadvantages, but I'm really curious about what the key things keep people away.

In other words, what things need to change for people to consider Discord over TeamSpeak, and would people switch over to Discord from TeamSpeak if those problems were fixed?

ModusTollens said:
    Discord's privacy policy is the main reason I never even tried it.

So businesses selling information they scan about you is a general thing you're against? If it is, I can agree with you on that, but if it came out that TeamSpeak does the same stuff, would you refuse to continue using TeamSpeak?
  5. Audiate

Clan Communication - TeamSpeak vs. Discord

A simple thread to gauge what the community thinks is the best platform for clan communication in games, but more specifically, in Bannerlord once it comes out, as well as for Warband and its many mods/DLC currently. Discord has taken off in popularity a lot recently, though TeamSpeak 3 is still...
  6. Audiate

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

EmielRegis said:
    Looter said:
    But my hopes and dreams! Internet never lies!
    I guess you dreamed about this.  :party:
    1422688935761.png

If only... :cry:
  7. Audiate

Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft[Android version out!]

Look's like we're going to Icecrown!

http://www.hearthpwn.com/news/2965-expansion-leak-from-china-knights-of-the-frozen

There's also going to be an expansion announcement in about 40 minutes, I should have mentioned that first, earlier today. Whoops.

https://www.twitch.tv/playhearthstone

Some new cards were revealed, including another new type of legendary, "Hero Cards," and the Lifesteal mechanic, which is kind of like Drain from Legends or Lifelink from MTG, your hero gains health for damage caused by a Lifesteal card. There's also a pretty interesting card that has an effect requiring your deck to have no 2-Cost cards when you play it. Looks like it'll be a pretty cool expansion! Here's more info:

http://www.hearthpwn.com/news/2967-knights-of-the-frozen-throne-is-hearthstones-next
  8. Audiate

Best-dressed Warrior

Oh no, I definitely wasn't trying to say they're all the same, I was saying that "samurai" is a super vague term with little real meaning in that context. He didn't even mention what period, he could have meant samurai from literally any time since the first.

It is like saying "knights are generic" or "Romans are generic" if there's no provided information about what specific era or style they were from. Perhaps generic is really not the right word to be using, but there's plenty of styles of knights, going back to bodyguards and horsemen of European kings and up to the Enlightenment when armor was kinda just for show (and after, like modern recreations/adaptations meant for looking cool), and there's plenty of styles of Romans, even just in either the Republic or the Empire alone.

Jacobhinds said:
    This is all semantics however and really I just wanted an excuse to post some ashigaru.

Well you got me. Never a wrong time for rice farmers with pointy sticks!
  9. Audiate

Best-dressed Warrior

Eh, samurai are just so generic. If there's a particularly unique Samurai armor, post it, but what's the point of saying "I like samurai, they are very cool!"?

And cool, had no idea that was a thing. Too bad it hasn't been posted on in over a year, I might have known otherwise.
  10. Audiate

Best-dressed Warrior

I've got nothing in terms of historical stuff, but people are posting nonsensical Crusader armor and talking about samurai, so I thought there's few times better than now for this stuff. Been on a huge Elder Scrolls kick lately, it's got some pretty unique armors. Particularly in Morrowind, my favorite region and game in terms of theme and story. Here's some from that, I'm too lazy to scale down all of these lol:

l4NQ7js.jpg
    bonemold_armours_by_swietopelk-d9h2hdu.jpg
    ViQBDir.jpg
    sotha_sil_by_ielay-d95bv3a.jpg
  11. Audiate

Best-dressed Warrior

Oh, man, that is weird.
  12. Audiate

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

joei160. said:
    Has Bannerlord been released yet?

Yes.
  13. Audiate

What are you listening to right now? Mark IV.

14. Audiate

What are you listening to right now? Mark IV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8nuT1rDB7o
  15. Audiate

Best-dressed Warrior

Rallix said:
    Sir Audiate said:
    What would you guys say was the heaviest armor to come out of Italy, in terms of raw defensive capabilities, from any era?
    Some sets of Milanese Harness.
    ns_205_2.jpg

That's about what I was looking for! Know the era? 15th century? 16th?
    matmohair1 said:
    Sir Audiate said:
    Do you know if it was all that practical?
      :iamamoron:

Y5GNeTZ.jpg

The Aedui Revolt, under Julius Florus and Julius Sacrovir, suppressed by Gaius Silius - 21 AD

"There was also a party of slaves training to be gladiators. Completely encased in iron in the national fashion,
    these crupellarii, as they were called, were too clumsy for offensive purposes but impregnable in defense…
    …the infantry made a frontal attack. The Gallic flanks were driven in. The iron-clad contingent caused some delay,
    as their casing resisted javelins and swords. However the Romans used axes and mattocks and struck at their plating,
    and its wearers like men demolishing a wall. Others knocked down the immobile gladiators with poles or pitchforks,
    and, lacking the power to rise, they were left for dead.
    "

Cornelius Tacitus (117 CE), Annales III:40-46 :arrow: http://penelope.uchicago.edu/Thayer/E/Roman/Texts/Tacitus/Annals/3C*.html

Visually it looks like they're restricted at the arms, and by the look of it, the underside of the arms are completely exposed, which I guess was meant to be a weak spot. Those straight, downward arms and rigid, 90 degree upward and sideward arms makes it seem like mobility is somewhat limited. Interesting to see great helms so early, especially among all these alien-esque helmets. Really great picture!

Do you know if it was up to the individual whether they got a shield or a dagger? Or was it just up to what they were going against?
  16. Audiate

Best-dressed Warrior

matmohair1 said:
    Crupellarii

8NZpprZ.jpg

AmXM0QY.jpg

Those are pretty cool, I don't think I've actually heard of that one before. Do you know if it was all that practical?

What would you guys say was the heaviest armor to come out of Italy, in terms of raw defensive capabilities, from any era?
  17. Audiate

Crusader Kings 2

A good Scandinavian related challenge could be trying to form the North Sea Empire. You wouldn't necessarily need to start as Cnut, because he's not actually in the game (unless they made pre-1066, post-vikings dates playable), but the objective would basically be to combine Scandinavia with the British Isles.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Sea_Empire

There's also always the scenario generator, if you're looking for a challenge or a playthrough you've probably never had before.

http://www.scenariogenerator.net/generators/random

Sorry to hear you lost interest in your playthrough. I have well over 1600 hours in CK2, and I've lost interest in tons of playthroughs, due to things going wrong, really good characters dying, getting huge setbacks, the game/mod updating, or whatever, but the replayability of the game makes it really easy to come back to. I think I've played as House Osgrey in the AGOT mod at least a dozen times, for instance.

Edit: I feel like I have to mention, the Warhammer: Geheimnisnacht mod, while currently only compatible with CK2 v2.6.3, is probably going to be really cool once updated for Monks & Mystics. It's got about everything a fan of Warhammer Fantasy could want (except for a lot of the timeline, though that's likely still to come), and I recommend even people completely unfamiliar with the universe to try it. I had no knowledge of Warhammer lore before playing it, and had a blast; after playing Total War: Warhammer and learning about it a little more, it's really incredible, and I'm very excited for what the Societies mechanic could add to the mod. Here's a link to the current version's download, to play it just right-click Crusader Kings II in Steam, then click Properties, Betas, and from the drop-down menu select 2.6.3. I highly recommend it, it's definitely one of the best CK2 experiences out there, with a ridiculous level of variety.

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/warhammer-geheimnisnacht-version-1-0.980775/
  18. Audiate

Best-dressed Warrior

Jacobhinds said:
    The net wasn't designed just to be thrown over opponents and left there like in that video—even if it worked, it would be extremely dull and predictable. The net was instead like a kind of fluid shield which was supposed to catch spears, hands and blades. Even nowadays people are instructed on how to use a jacket like a shield. Cutting through loose moving textile like that is highly improbable.

Not an 100% ideal weapon but that's kinda the point of gladiators in general.

That makes some sense, but the weights on the edges of the net seem to me like it would be an irregularly heavy, more unwieldy shield than just a normal wooden one. Perhaps it's just meant to be very temporary, used to block attacks until it can be used to net someone. It would probably be easier to push or pull someone to the ground with a net covering most of them, and given how the "class" was being "played" in that video above, doing that seems like a good way to kill an opponent.

I found this picture, and the alleged story is pretty interesting.

tUIDMlI.jpg

Apparently this is Archibald William Montgomerie, the 13th Earl of Eglinton. In the earlyish 1800's, he allegedly organized a tournament where people would wear traditional armor, likely with modern flair (like his armor here being golden), and the event was supposedly very much a traditional, medieval tournament. Does anyone happen know the legitimacy behind this? The armor itself is pretty unique on its own, so I thought I'd share.
  19. Audiate

Evvv said:
    I don't think he's being salty, I think he's just trying to figure out how to make it work. Which is beyond the scope of most peoples' knowledge in any case, but salty isn't the right way to describe it.

Hey Epicrules, same old avatar, huh? :wink:

But yeah, pretty much this. To try to answer the question, the problem with the female faces is that in 4.0 they were replaced with the vanilla ones (or in 3.1, don't have the changelog open at the moment, but it doesn't matter which). So to get the faces to work you'd have to make sure you're using the vanilla face meshes as well as the textures. Not sure if this is a certain fix because it's been a while since I've done any M&B modding, but hopefully it gets you in the right direction.
  20. Audiate

Crusader Kings 2

Does reforming Norse Paganism just make you the head of the religion, or are there other features? It's been a long time since I've done it, and clearly things have changed if you can still raid after reforming.
Back
Top Bottom