Search results for query: *

1. why not individual build points for sappers?

You can increase the build points, just depends on the server and the admin. Ask them if they'll increase the build points... I've played on the US server when thunder increased the BP's to like 100+ or something and it was just ****. You can stack explosive crates/sandbags (w/o actually building them) and etc for rapid barriers. Creates massive lag and you'll always get the sappers that want to go off and build art/walking platforms to places on the map where you shouldn't be... etc.
  2. Favourite cavalry

Heavy cav... Their sword range dominates everything else. Regardless of speed I think 2 cav of equal skill the advantage goes to heavy over hussar just because of the sword range. It even helps out with feinting and attacking ground troops much better. Most lancers are garbage and can easily be blocked, reared, and beaten to a pulp and dragoons are worthless once they shoot and generally miss their target. I won't deny hussar is fun but heavy dominates when anyone with competence uses it.
  3. Firing from horseback

Dragoons are fodder for the heavy cav meat grinder. Let them waste their shots on something else. Try to actually apply situational awareness + target selection and you might be surprised at just how much these units do actually suck. Their random accuracy is fine...
  4. Who is the best cannoner?

jros83 said:
    the best canoneer is any canoneer who actually listens to his team when they tell him "stop arty" or "cease arty" when they have overran the enemy and are charging in to clean up. Can't tell how you annoyed I get when the hooligans on your team's arty insist on continuing to send rounds downrange even though they are putting them right in the middle of the rest of their team.

Usually I'm the one on the howitzer/mortar pleading for my team feed me info.

"Which building are they in? Call it out and I can nail it"
    "Tell me when you pass (this point) so I can adjust fire"

etc.

Especially in maps like river crossing. Give me the mortar or the howitzer and I can put a round anywhere you want with one shot. But if you see me dropping rounds in a particular spot and then rush said spot with out opening your mouth, its your fault.

p.s. I wish I could get players on the public servers to pack up into dense little formations like you do in line battles. You'll rarely see 8+ kill shots on a pub match.
  5. Cavalry are Rubbish

tomislawus said:
    Wow, just WOW clap clap clap

I won't even try to address the sheer stupidity of this argumentation.

Oh he's one of those...

Look would you try to balance an apple and a candy bar? I mean they are both food right? Which one is more OP? This isn't CoD...

Calvaryman =/= Line infantryman

1v1's are irrelevant and if you feel they are the important thing to balance this game off of I won't regret seeing you leave because you can't "zomfgLOLZhax just s1ayd 10 pe0pl3z"

I see enough competent cav players on a daily basis to know that you  really just want this game balanced around what you're lacking.

P.S. I'd recommend starting off on one of those little lancer ponies and then working your way up to a man sized mount.
  6. Cavalry are Rubbish

Cav is superb as it is... Stop trying to balance it off 1v1 situations. You know how effective they are at flanking the enemy before your own line charges? Half their line will essentially turn to waste shots at cav speeding by before your line intercepts with bayonet to face loving. Yea it would be really cool if they buffed cav so we could run off and be heroes during the battle but its not going to happen and it doesn't need to.
  7. Suggestions

Fix the mortars! The elevation mechanic should track off the reticle's position. Not terrain objects. It's so annoying trying to aim the mortar because if some random terrain object is in the reticles way it automatically adjusts the elevation and compensates for its proximity. This is bad... considering mortars are stationary and theres always random crap in front of them. Mortar cannons need to be tricked back and forth and you have to time your shots on the elevations upswing/downswing. You have no direct control over their elevation. Should just make it to where the reticle position adjusts elevation up/down, no target tracking/terrain compensation is necessary.
  8. bayonets overpowered

That's not a very good screen shot.... I'm not sure why you keep posting it. You basically went 1:1 in conquest mode where people really derp it up.

Regardless, when I see a player with a sword that actually knows how to use one and he systematically starts killing off bayonet line infantry, I'm content with the balance. As immature as it sounds, L2Play can really be applied here.
  9. Version 1.003 Update Released!

Munro said:
    Thank goodness the limbering glitch was fixed. That was a frustrating nuisance :/.

Glad it is fixed.

Too bad the majority of maps with placed artillery don't need to be limbered to begin with, but some ahole will still come and try to jack your cannon while you are using it.

Other than that, patch notes are looking good. This addict can't wait to get home!
  10. Teamkilling on NW Official server.

On the same note I'd like to say, nobody here is entitled to a cannon regardless of how good you are, unless you coordinate an agreement with an arty train. If I bring my friend to the match to arty train specifically for me or anyone does this, then leave the cannon the hell alone unless you are volunteering to reload. If you're jumping into the match solo and thinking you can go arty ranker and just get whatever cannon you want, then don't expect anything different than whats already happening. Besides its a public server. If randos are dropping arty trains or you're competing for placed cannons it should just go to whoever gets there first. I know you are really good munro, but its a public server.
Back
Top Bottom