Search results for query: *

1. napancux

Gun Thunder-version 0.2 is released! (9/8/08)

Will you be updating the source too?
  2. napancux

Hmm, does anyone experience strange behaviour when you order troops in formation?
    I have some problems with it:
    1. To assign formation in the first place, you need to select some troops (meaning, infantry, archers or cavalry), it won't work from the start of battle, when everyone are "selected" (though, you can switch back to everyone, after first formation order and everything works).
    2. Troops respond to orders (charge, follow etc.) very slowly. And sometimes they don't respond at all. So you need to disassemble formation.

I've used the formation scripts before, from the Forge thread, and never experienced such problems. So this is strange, because scripts in this mod have only minor differences from those posted on forum, as far as I can see.
  3. napancux

dwhee said:
    Being on a horse impacted my accuracy, but would that be negated by horse archery skill?
    Yes, my imported khergit character has more accuracy while riding a horse, than standing on foot, actually.  :smile:

Also, about the Hand Cannons. From what I saw in game, their script chooses one random enemy in AoE and applies damage to it. Used HC against Khergit Scouts party (a really cool idea, by the way!) and got either dead horses with unscathed riders or dead khergs with healthy mounts.

EDIT: A quick way to fix weapon proficiencies, would be to add line:
    Code:
    n |= wp_firearm(x + random.randrange(r))
    to the corresponding section of the module_troops.py.
  4. napancux

Also, Mirathei, there's no set_visitor lines in some quick battles. So you just spawn alone and immediately win.

EDIT:
    With some of the rifles, I get this:
    weird1gn2.jpg

weird2kw1.jpg

Accuracy>100 is a bad idea. :smile:

EDIT2:
    Revolver and Pepperbox Revolver have max_ammo(60).
    I have some weird partysize, is it intented?
    Cartridges don't refill after battle, a feature or a bug? :smile:
  5. napancux

Oh, cool. Thanks for the source.
  6. napancux

OSP Code QoL Universal Troop Costumizing System (with Save Feature)

Great, thank you. Got to try it sometime.

But I want to know, if, say, player disbands his customized troops, then hires some troops of the same type as were the disbanded ones, but with default equipment, will that recall script give new troops customised stuff?
    Or, if you hire 1 peasant, buy him a full plate, then hire 99 more peasants, will they also have the plate?
  7. napancux

Could someone upload it to the repository, please? :roll:
    Rapidshare keeps cutting off my download when I reach 25 Mb.
    Alternatively, a troops.txt file will do.  :wink:
  8. napancux

Denar Millionaires

Hmm, how do you end up with such money, I wonder. My last character only had like 30.000, then he conquered Calradia. :neutral:
  9. napancux

Chaos Axe, Completed!

..also im kinda lookin for a mod to help out with..
    And help you can.

Nice axe, by the way, it is "warhammerry".  :smile:
  10. napancux

Nihilism is incorrect

I think his point was that a person can't be sure..
    Yet, he is pretty sure about his point of view. Not a bad trait at all, but smells like hypocrisy.
    Swadius said:
    ..does making it "my belief" or "your belief" excuse it from being questioned as to whether or not they are valid?
    On the contrary, it means that they should be questioned, not stated as a proof.
    Swadius said:
    I thought your initial argument was..
    Ah, an understandable misunderstanding. :smile: Actually, my initial argument was:
    [quote author=napancux"]
    Archonsod said:
    Are you capable of perceiving the world via anything which doesn't route through your body or brain in some way? As long as the answer is no, then the point is proven.
    I can't see how.
    Are you saying, that human senses are not sufficient to provide objective data? If so, then I must say, that it is only a possibility, not a "proof". Merely your point of view.
    [/quote]
    Everything else was to show, that there is another point of view.
    Swadius said:
    ..doesn't it also perpetuate into one's sense also, via one's own "uniquely" built brain..
    But why are you so certain, that "different" brains will produce different "result"? For all we know..no wait, we don't know.
    Swadius said:
    .. his perception of purple and green are switched..
    So, he is a mutant.  :smile: Honestly, I don't see where you're getting at.
  11. napancux

17th century Europe Troop Trees/ Future Updates on First Page

Well, I could probably model some épées, if you'll make me Athos.  :smile:
  12. napancux

Let's see how different factions react to large battles...

[quote author=Ambaryerno]I can stop 5 Swadian cavalry dead in their tracks with 60 Nord Veterans.[/quote]
    Fixed.
  13. napancux

Nihilism is incorrect

Swadius said:
    I don't think we're implying it is..
    Well, the very reason of me posting in this thread was because of Archonsod's statement, this statement:
    Archonsod said:
    Llew2 said:
    Like I said, prove they don't exist.
    Are you capable of perceiving the world via anything which doesn't route through your body or brain in some way? As long as the answer is no, then the point is proven.
    And you can't use something, that is only possible, no matter the chances, as a proof of any kind.

Swadius said:
    ..but it is very unlikely they are feeling the same "universal" wet at the time.
    Like I said, this is your beliefs. There isn't anything "hard" behind them. The same applies for my point of view.

Swadius said:
    How we actually feel under such stimuli is a mystery to everybody else.
    You know, this sentence kinda contributes to both sides of our discussion.  :wink:

Swadius said:
    By the way, physics is mathematical. It's not too hard to find mathematical formulas and theories about physics.
    But math is not "physical". The knowledge of math developed independently, and only later scientists had found a way to apply those laws and equations to physics and, hell, everything in our life.
    It seems, that you mix together physics and mathematics, and thus confuse yourself.
    They are two very different fields of knowledge.
    While physics is a science that tries to describe all the stuff, that happen to exist in our universe (and it is very subjective in it), math is merely a way to describe that stuff.
    It's like writing. The actual contents of the text is physics and math is the letters. Only those letters are not something, that we (humans) invented, they are the very logic of existence.
    Um, it's actually hard for me to explain this, but I'm trying.

Swadius said:
    For all we know, in actual reality grass is purple and the rest of us are just perceiving it as green.
    Wrong. You just made a mess of it.
    The colour of grass is what we all agree to call "green". It's just a word.
    But if some human perceives grass in a colour commonly known as "purple", then that is some kind of "daltonism" and is a disability.
  14. napancux

Calradia: Death and Disease - Hibernating

A random idea.
    You can change the user interface, so it'll match the atmosphere. You can start with the "user_interface_b.dds" texture and change the looks of the lifebar.
  15. napancux

Implant troops

You need to add your new troops to the "kingdom_x_reinforcements_y" templates inside the module_party_templates.py.
  16. napancux

Editing "sneaking into town" equipment.

Scaevolus, you just probably messed something up. In module_mission_templates.py, change this line:
    Code:
    pilgrim_disguise = [itm_pilgrim_hood,itm_pilgrim_disguise,itm_iron_staff, itm_throwing_daggers]
    And replace this items with whatever you want. It works for me.
  17. napancux

Faction Restructuring [Release 0.1.2] [Last Update: 9/1/2008] [For .960]

Mad Skillz,
    M&B compiler really has some strange glitches. You sometimes need to Ctrl+C-copy names, instead of just typing them. At least I experience this.  :smile:
  18. napancux

Nihilism is incorrect

Archonsod said:
    What the **** does this have to do with anything?
    Ookaay, let's make it more simple.
    **** the chemical reactions. Whether they're different in our brains or not, it doesn't mean this results in different experience for both of us.
    Archonsod said:
    ..they're still subjective because you cannot make me experience them..
    It is so, if our reality is subjective. But if it is objective, then everything, not directly related to society, will be the same for every human (or any other creature with similar perception).
    You know, universe can be, as the name suggests, universal, looking identical from every point of view.

The objectiveness/subjectiveness of our reality is, actually, the main question of philosophy.

Swadius said:
    ..no one can ever know for sure that whether or not what someone else feels is exactly the same as theirs..
    On the other hand, no one can ever know for sure, that whether or not what someone else feels is any different from their feelings, don't you agree?
    Swadius said:
    What objective concept can you pass on..
    Assuming that our reality is objective, we experience objective concepts, and share them with others by subjective means, i.e. words, pictures, gestures etc.
    Swadius said:
    ..there is not physical connection that introduced its existence..
    Exactly. Math was not made to find patterns or explain physical processes, it just happened to be the best way to describe them.
    Math has nothing to do with physics. It is the system of logic, logic of the universe. It is not like we apply it to reality it is the reality itself, that applies it to our life.
    Swadius said:
    It means that it can be different..
    That is what I was trying to tell from the beginning. The told experience can be different, but it can be identical. We can't say it for sure.
    Swadius said:
    There is a man, all his life he has been told that the grass is green, but in reality through his eyes, the colour of the grass that he perceives is purple..
    And this means, that he is a mutant and therefore must be killed.
    :smile: Just joking.
    But really, it would be better to exclude such deviations from our discussion.
  19. napancux

Faction Restructuring [Release 0.1.2] [Last Update: 9/1/2008] [For .960]

I'm kinda unsure why you're ignoring the obvious name for swadian cavalry - knights! As far as I can see, other factions are using some fancy names for their riders, so why not leave the original name for Swadians?
    This would be more suiting for them, methinks.

Paladins is not very good name either. Because paladins were leaders of the knights orders, not some average meatbag tommy. It'd be good for the leader troops tree.

Also, rangers should go to archer-heavy Vaegirs, maybe Nords. They seem out of place in the Swadian army.

And, lastly, don't forget, that light cavalry in M&B is not even close in its usefulness as it is in real life. AI+ligth cavalry charging blindly=FAIL.
  20. napancux

Nihilism is incorrect

Archonsod said:
    Identical stimulus will cause our bodies to react in entirely different ways.
    So?
    Chemical reactions in our brains could be different, but nevertheless every human civilization treated water in a essentially similar way.
    There weren't any cultures, that tried to build from liquid water, now were there?

We don't know how exactly our thoughts and emotions are formed. All current knowledge on this aspect is based on some presumptions and theories. And we can't say for sure, that disparate neural impulses result in disparate feelings.

Those differences you mention don't really mean anything, as long as we'll both feel pain on contact with boiling water.

Archonsod said:
    ..you might like the Beatles, I prefer the Stones.
    I've already agreed, that such things are subjective and vary for every given mind. But you, for some reasons, avoid mentioning such hardly arguable things, like axe sticking from your stomach.
Back
Top Bottom