Search results for query: *

1. SP Dark Ages [Submod] Blood Eagle-Independent VC mod (released 3.3)

Hi. I'm a bit confused as to where to find this mod/where it is. The OP only links NexusMods, but NexusMods says the latest version is on ModDB. On ModDB I can only find Blood Eagle PN, and I'm unsure whether that's the latest version of Blood Eagle and the changes have been scaled back compared to what's in the OP, or if that's just vanilla but incorporating some specific changes from Blood Eagle. If it's the latter, could someone link to the latest actual Blood Eagle, as I can't seem to find it? I like a lot of what's presented in the OP, but can't find most of it in BE PN.

Thanks for any help. As neither thread is very active, I'll post in both and hope someone sees either.
  2. B Dark Ages [SUBMOD] Blood Eagle 4.0

Hi. I'm a bit confused as to what this mod is. Is this the latest version of blood eagle, and the changes have been scaled back from what was in earlier versions of that mod (as described in the OP of the thread for blood eagle)? Or is it vanilla, but incorporating the aesthetic changes from Blood Eagle? At first I thought the former, but I find the differences in gameplay between this and vanilla VC quite limited, which made me suspect it was the latter. But the Blood Eagle mod thread only links to Nexus Mods, which states that the latest version of Blood Eagle is on ModDB, and ModDB only seems to have this mod, making me once again suspect it's the former. I'm utterly confused. Any insights?

(As neither thread is very active, I'll post in both and hope someone sees either)
  3. Any way to split party/create patrols?

Thanks for the reply.

Well, the ideal thing I'd like to do is to create a stack of troops from among the troops in my party, that is separate to my party. In some mods you can do this, e.g. in Sword of Damocles you can tell a noble troop to create a new party and they become a new stack on the map. Then you load that stack up, and give commands like following you or patrolling an area or whatever. That party still costs upkeep and everything, it's just separate, and you can have them rejoin you later. In ACOK you can create a simple encampment where you leave troops and it's the same except you can't give them commands. IIRC there's something similar in Brytenwalda and Floris too, though I might be mixing things up.

Doing that can serve several different functions; one of them is to make your own party smaller to easier infiltrate stuff. Other reasons are to become faster if you want to go bandit hunting, or to drop off a stack of troops somewhere you want to defend from bandits (as kind of an expensive, unprotected garrison).

I assume it's not in the mod though, and would be far too complicated for me to create.
  4. [QUESTIONS] Quick Questions//Quick Answers (Redux)

Looking at this tweak page, I tried the adding bodyguards tweak. The very first instruction is to find "dlga_start:close_window.10 4095 0  4 33 3 144115188075855892 360287970189640186 360287970189640206 1073741855 2 144115188075856070 14 31 2 144115188075856070 1 110 1 144115188075855892 Let's_leave_whenever_you_are_ready.  6  0 NO_VOICEOVER" in conversation.txt. However, no such line exists; dlga_start:close_window.10 refers to the phrase "Thank_you_again_for_all_you've_done.".

However, replacing the 10 so it's dlga_start:close_window.11 does find such a line. Is that the correct one to change, if anyone knows? I'm wary of experimenting as I'd rather not lose my save, so I'll ask here, but if noone knows I'll just take the risk :razz:
  5. Any way to split party/create patrols?

Apologies if it's been asked before; tried searching for it but couldn't find anything. Is there a way to split up one's party? When going around doing skullduggery I don't want to drag my gang of buffoonish ruffians with me, alerting everyone to my presence. If there isn't such a method in...
  6. 2015-6 Brytenwalda Reworked pulling together the best features of BW submods +

I'm having a very weird issue. Installed it from the download on the Nexus and patched it with the patch there as well, and am using the included .exe to run it (otherwise it freezes like JohnnyB said). However, when creating a character, the skills are all messed up in what ability score it's tied to; Riding is CHA-based and Horse Archery STR-based, for example. Any idea what might cause this?
    EDIT: Some more info, regular Brytenwalda works fine and I'm playing on a base of 1.173.
  7. Everyone is too great - has anyone done a rebalancing submod for troops?

Oh, I know those two things (though there are exceptions; archers are level 15 and have 60 prof in everything except bow where they have 140), I was more curious about stat and skill amounts.

Very well, I'll solve the issue by simply increasing the power of the PC and NPC's instead. Working my way through the NPC list, is on no.7 at this point.

EDIT: Goddamn, never realized how much of a sausage party it really is. Only 4 of the 26 companions are female. That's worse than native even, I think.
  8. Everyone is too great - has anyone done a rebalancing submod for troops?

Since GoT didn't really catch my fancy (if I start watching the series I might come back to it but right now it didn't work for me) I'm looking into modifying the stats myself.

I noticed though that the stats are really weirdly put down, they don't seem to be systematically done in any way. Does anyone know if the Brytenwalda devs has/had any pattern for how they make the troops? Upgrading a Gebur Jute to a Sceotand causes it to lose nearly all it's skill, and while upgrading it to a Kotsetla makes it no doubt better, despite gaining 4 levels and 2 ints they have no more skills than a Gebur.

(Oh, also, sorry if I use words incorrectly sometimes, English isn't my main language and while I don't have any large issues with grammar or spelling, I often can't find the correct word for something specific).
  9. Everyone is too great - has anyone done a rebalancing submod for troops?

Doesn't seem TML affects it, I use it and the tier 1 are still level 15 and the tier 2 still level 19.

If Game of Thrones doesn't catch me (I've never seen the show and don't think it's for me really so it makes a lot less sense to me than it does to those who're fans), I might simply just increase the starting level of the PC and the companions (and of course increasing the cost of the companions too) without increasing gear, so everyone starts out around level 15. If everyone's strong well then it'll work out just fine.
  10. Everyone is too great - has anyone done a rebalancing submod for troops?

Talinoth said:
    I think this is problematic too. Training units takes far too long, and they start out at too high a level. Why is it that common farmers are level 10s when players starting out as nobles with combat training are level 1, and companions with supposedly years of combat experience are much the same
    Farmers are actually level 15 xD
    And the difference between 10 and 15 is huge... Getting to level 10 is pretty fast if you enlist in the army, but after that it flattens out a lot.

produno said:
    If you like the Brytenwalda mechanics but want more balanced units you could try my game of thrones mod further down this thread.

I have re-done all the troop trees inc all levels. I've also added an extra tier to some troop trees. Peasants start off around level 7. Top tier troops are around level 39.

Plus I need people to test balance and how well the new trees and troop levels play :wink:.
    I'll test that out! Level 7 sounds a little less insane. Have you changed the companion and/or player starter levels too? I think that could be a good idea (honestly, I think the player should always start out at the same level as lowest-level troops). But I'll test it out! :smile:

Vesku said:
    For me the difficulty is what makes this mod great. You need to play a little before you can rule the world and it really doesn't take that long to get your companions to high levels and they can't be killed which makes them beyond any normal troop, even elites. In 100 days I can get my character to over 20 levels and companions easily over 10 at which point they are already better skilled than tier 1.

There's also a submod that has higher level companions if that helps.
    I like that the game is harder and that it takes longer before one can rule the world, but I feel I as a trained since childhood soldier that has fought in two large battles and killed 30 men shouldn't have my weapon swings outspeeded by a common farmer, and that someone described as "having trained a lot of raw recruits" should be able to, well, train raw recruits.
    I'd much rather see the difficulty being in rate of acquiring party size allowance/renown, getting the funds to run an army etc.
  11. Everyone is too great - has anyone done a rebalancing submod for troops?

So, I'm in love with a lot in this mod: The very well-done flavor, the slower pace of power-gaining than in native, trying to pronounce all the city names and realizing that once again reality outshines fantasy in terms of making them impossible to say for a Swede, the focus on fighting on foot...
  12. Throwing weapons ammunition/damage

Yeah, I know they're used to fill out when you've got space left... but a weapon that is used just because you literally have nothing else to put there is kind of... "meh" to me.

I feel the "throw while charging" is the only real niche they have, but with the weak damage of most of them, combined with poor aiming that makes them miss like 70% of the time if charging a single enemy, combined with throwing preventing lancing, combined with them often putting you over the encumbrance limit etc... it really feel like they lack the "oomph" of other weapons. And that's for axes and javelins - throwing knives might as well just not exist (which sort of makes sense though, throwing knives on a battlefield shouldn't be that useful).

And if used just when charging, you'll rarely use more than one or two - why keep like 10 axes lying around? I'd rather take 2 axes for 1 lbs than 10 axes for 5lbs.

EDIT: I agree that it makes a decent anti-archer weapon. The thing is though, that due to poor aiming, archers generally having pretty loose formations, and still low damage - I feel that it's still pretty lacking. Going one on one with an archer even at medium distances (say 15 meters or so) I feel it's still a coin toss who will win, and that for me as a thrower, it feels I'm relying on just pure luck rather than skill while the archer's weapon is accurate enough that their skill will matter.

It might be different in multiplayer (I mostly play SP) but a few times testing it vs bots on MP I felt the same way. In MP you don't have to worry about the skill point investment though, which might very well make it a better choice.

EDIT2: There's one more thing I feel throwing weapons are decent for - killing of fleeing enemies when both are mounted or both are grounded. However, it still requires pretty heavy skill investment to be effective, and if one skips that it might mean both more investment in riding/athletics and less encumbrance so you can get up to them and hit them. And it still mostly requires 2-3 hits with thrown weapons even if they're wounded.
  13. Throwing weapons ammunition/damage

Hi all! I hope this is the right subforum, tell me if it's wrong. I've been playing M&B on and off for quite some time now, and just returned from half a year off. Naturally I got Floris, as I love the modpack (floris and SoD are the only ones I ever play nowadays). One thing though, that...
  14. SOD Warlords - Suggestions & Discussions Thread

Just wanted to chime in and say that this is a goddamn wonderful mod and if you skip it to become an indie developer (as you wrote in the other thread) I'll cry blood... And then go pick up whatever you release :wink:

The mod is really well-designed, and is really well tied together. Though I miss some stuff from the M&B version, it now feels more like a "mount and blade 1.5"; simply like mount and blade, but better in every way.

One thing I'd like though, is more options with stuff to do when you're NOT a major warlord;

1. It would be nice with some way to avoid battles even if an enemy army catches up to you. A way so that you don't need to be very high level either. Preferably, some dialouge to "sneak away when their backs are turned", or more effectively persuade them (the less troops you have, the easier it should be - so that it's not an autolose at low levels with few soldiers and yet not an autowin if you're a high-level general with lots of troops). That or something that reduces opponents spotting skills vs you (so they need to be closer to see you).
    This is the main one, and the lack of this sets the tone for the whole game currently. If you don't have an at least medium-sized army, you're simply going to die, all the time. And if you have even a medium-sized army, you can't sneak into a hostile city reliably - and you can't put your army away if you don't have a castle, which requires you to be a major warlord.

2. Some way to improve your sneaking abilities. Whether it goes on some combination of int/agi/cha, or a whole new skill, or items - some way to increase your chance of "sneaky stuff" such as breaking into castles, shadowing spies and the like.

3. More ways to utilize this! Several plotlines already feel like "this should be done by stealth" yet it can't be. For example, when going after hostages, a dialogue option that says "sneak in and cut *hostage* free". Or, when freeing imprisoned lords, an option to pick-pocket the guard key. Just those little things that make it interesting to be a scoundrel!

That way, there's an alternative way to get your ranks up within a faction - instead of being yet another army, you're the royal assassin and spy!

Yeah, that's my wishlist, but I know you've got your hands full... Just wanted to say it's a fantastic mod but can't keep myself from blabbering :$
Back
Top Bottom