Search results for query: *

1. Which leveling system do you prefer Warband or Bannerlord?

Hey if you want to spend the time to Mary Sue everything then fine why not? It's not easy but it doesn't really make sense that a one handed swordman can't learn how to use a two handed sword. On a side note, that isn't Mary Sue anyway because you have to work at it over time.
    You can learn both, you can even max both, but you do it at the expense of other skills. Meaningful character builds are the hallmark of RPG games. This isn't Fallout 4 or Skyrim where character builds are pointless because of infinite levels.

In all previous Mount and Blade games, and spinoffs, the player was never given enough skill or attribute points to level everything.
    The hard levelcap was 63, but realistically going above the thirties required significant effort because of exponential growth, so reaching this cap is practically impossible without cheats. Even if they managed to do it they could only master about half of the skills in the game.
  2. Which leveling system do you prefer Warband or Bannerlord?

I've only found 5 companions so far, but all of them are combat clones. Not one of them can fill in the gap for anything.
    The only utility companions I have are two healers, one of which who is also a scout, and a Rogue. Definitely needs to be more variety - my wife is more skilled in nearly all utility skills than all of them!
  3. What to do with captured enemy lords?

I release them because it gives Charm XP and it's practically impossible to level elsewhere.
  4. Which leveling system do you prefer Warband or Bannerlord?

In M&B one was never supposed to be the Mary Sue who's wonderful at everything. You're supposed to use companions to fill the gaps on roles you don't excel at. If anything, there's not enough companion variety at the moment to allow this to work properly.
  5. Resolved [E1.01] Player Party unable to interact with Settlements or other Parties.

I was part of a Vlandian army that besieged a Battanian castle, won the battle, army immediately disbanded due to lack of cohesion. Immediately after this siege my party is unable to interact with anything. If I go to interact with a PoI my party will reach it and the game will pause, if I go...
  6. Resolved Efficient charcoal maker

Running a on [E1.0.1] on a game started on [E1.0.0], still have the issue.
  7. Resolved Archers not firing

Looks like the time of day is about Twilightish. There is a known bug where arhcers have 20m-ish range around the crack of dawn and sunset.
  8. Need More Info [E1.01] Invisible Bandit Hideout

I found a hideout near Galend that has it's UI elements visible, but the hideout itself is not. It appears like it may be stuck under the cliff somehow, as it required me to move the mouse and camera angle around a bunch in order to be able to select it.
  9. A Sketch a day until release of Bannerlord

That last image you put in is my new Desktop - I rarely ever find something that makes me change it. Bravo, sir!
  10. Matchmaking time?

Use the server browser. I was stuck in matchmaking too but found an almost-full game and manually joined it instead.
  11. Please add Steam cloud saving feature

For the anti-steam posts above: Just because a game has Steam Cloud saving doesn't mean it can't make local saves.  In fact, I don't know of a game in my library of 600 of them that forces you to ONLY save on the steam cloud.  The closest I can think of is Paradox games force you to use the cloud if you play the iron man mode, but that mode is entirely optional and only required to get achievments.
  12. How much is actually done?

Well, there's been dev diaries where the developers have talked about Balance - which is one of the LAST stages of game development, typically.  The last one recently mentioned this, actually and I've quoted it below.

[quote author=Paul Kaloff, Source: https://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/97 ]
    WHAT'S THE MOST DIFFICULT THING THAT YOU SOLVED SO FAR, DURING THE PRODUCTION OF BANNERLORD?
    “Tackling the task of balancing multiplayer. There is such a broad variety of weapons and different classes, each with their individual perks, that keeping them balanced can be quite challenging sometimes. Each faction, as well as, each class within that faction, should have their individual advantages and disadvantages, which need to be evaluated. It's certainly a buttery slope if you change one thing you affect basically everything else.
    [/quote]
  13. Dev Blog 14/02/18

RoboSenshi said:
    I hope there's an effective counter to heavy cavalry charges. You can't balance out the OP HC by just making it expensive. Players will get rich in game and exploit it.
    There was nothing OP about that cavalry charge.  The Infantry was not in the proper formation to receive a charge as well as being in unbroken and flat terrain.
  14. Med kits and potions!

Please don't add them.
  15. Early Access Confirmed

Callum_TaleWorlds said:
    Just to clarify what I meant by this. We don't have any dates to give you right now for any sort of access to the game. Once we do, we will announce it.
    Thank you for the clarification!
  16. Early Access Confirmed

Dalois said:
    When it comes to my thinking, Armagan stated that they intend to do early access, but didn't give a date. Which means that they have plans, but do not know when they may be set in action, or come about. Whereas I read Callum's as to say that there is no plans, opposed to be unsure when that may come about at all.

This was how I interpreted it as well, it'd be strange for Callum to be contradicting what Armagan had been saying.
  17. Western Empire and Northern Empire Banner's

I like the new change for the reasons pointed out above: common origins.  It helps visually point out that there's a war of succession without even seeing the faction names.
  18. AI what happened with it.

wormydowg said:
    Tell me about it, look at how the level designer played......

Either he got lazy because he knew the ai was dumb, or 6 years wasn't enough to get across that learning curve.
    Developers are well known for not playing their games well in front of audiences.  Imagine taking a streamer, who may not even be outgoing, with <5 views and putting them in front of an audience of thousands with that kind of pressure - except he's also got a boss peering over his shoulder telling him he's got to make the game look good to the audience so they'll buy it!    Because of this, it's pretty common that devs will demo their own games on easy mode to audiences too.
  19. Deflecting Arrows (and other perks)

It should be RNG (and if so, something small <15%) or not in the game at all.  It is being forgotten here that in the M&B community there are exceptionally talented players - is it a stretch to assume such players would also master the arrow blocking mechanics?  At that point you have 2Hers surpassing shield users in ranged defense and eliminating the primary weakness of using a 2H weapon.

Also to take into consideration is how the AI would handle it: If manual blocking Taleworlds has to now spend time programming the AI to block and get the balance right so that they're not gods at blocking but also can at least block something.  The alternative is to not give them the ability at all, but this goes against the spirit of the game that the player and AI characters have ability parity on the battlefield.
  20. Bannerlord MAY be almost finished!

I'd say what's bigger evidence was during one of the dev diaries they talked about balancing soldiers. 

WHAT'S THE MOST DIFFICULT THING THAT YOU SOLVED SO FAR, DURING THE PRODUCTION OF BANNERLORD?

Balancing troops. In Bannerlord, each faction has their own unique troops. Although unique troops offer some advantages over regular troops, we still have to strike a balance with how these units compare to similar troops within their own faction, and how they will perform against units from each of the other factions.

Each faction has their own advantages and disadvantages when it comes to army compositions. For example, Empire’s core units are heavy infantry, which are more durable than other infantry in Calradia. We need to select their perks and equipment in a way which will provide them with this advantage, yet exposes them to risk. In this case, the weakness of heavy infantry is shock infantry, such as the Falxmen of Battania. A good strategy to employ with Empire is to use infantry and ranged units in close proximity so that they can provide support to each other against their counter troop types.

Another balancing issue is the cost of troops, which is set according to the power of the unit. In Captain Mode we had to handle this a little differently because money doesn’t feature in this game mode. We decided to alter the troop count instead of the price, with the reasoning that all players have the same amount of funds and therefore the stronger units should have fewer soldiers because their recruitment and upkeep costs would be higher."

Source: https://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/27

I don't know what Taleworld's specific game development process is, but balancing troops - especially on a cost and performance basis means that the game is close to, if not completely, feature complete.  Even in Agile development cycle, where you typically try to complete your game by self-contained "Modules" and polish it, balance is often done roughly or completely held until all relevant areas of the game that would affect balanace are finished.
    Since he's talking about it not only as performance but also cost, that heavily implies the game is in or close to beta.  I still don't anticipate anything before a Q1 release, though so don't jump on the hype train just yet. :razz:

Back
Top Bottom