Search results for query: *

1. NINJA! - Shinobi, Kunoichi & the history of Ninjutsu

Havoc said:
    I will never understand why assassins and the like are depicted in clothing that screams '******** run'. I mean seriously, the point is to blend in and that goes out the window if you wear something that people would associate with an assassin.

As far as I know it is based in much later theatre productions, where to add suspense a stage hand, (who apparently always dressed all in black) would assassinate somebody. The idea stuck and was incorporated into popular culture.
  2. Historical Battlefields/Sites You've Been To

I have been to Ypres and Thiepval, as well as stretches of preserved trench between these two places. It was somewhat haunting to see the lines where soldiers fought and died.
  3. Best/Favorite Military Unit/Soldier/ in History.

roboWarrior001 said:
    I'm surprised no one has jumped in and been like "Spartans!!!!"

Your point being? While they are certainly no favourite of mine, the Spartans that we remember were skilled and highly motivated soldiers and doubtlessly deserve an honoury mention.
  4. Macemen

Yeah, I think that aside from 'elite' formations who for whatever all wielded maces, mace/hammer/flail wielding fellows were broadly categorised under infantry or cavalry. The closest that I can find to whole regiments of mace carrying people in a field army is in the army of Bulgaria (I think), when most soldiers were equipped with short pikes or long flails. Unfortunately my reference for this comes from a Library book that I no longer have to hand.
  5. The most best soldier of all time

Clearly 'Private' Wojtek. :wink:

But yes, a silly question.
  6. [WB][M] Full Invasion 2: Osiris 1.03 {Co-op Survival}

Just dropping by to say thanks for creating such a brilliant mod! The only thing I've noticed is that the 1st Rhodok boss wave seems a little OP, they utterly chewed through 20 heavily armoured Nords 5 times in a row. Nevertheless, this is a superb creation.
  7. Where did you get your name?

'Shostak' is the name of the commander of my Warhammer 40k Imperial Guard Regiment, I pinched the name from an officer in a Battle Report.

Thomas Jefferson, my ingame name was made up completely at random, because I like the RP side of games like NW. I only found out about the chap with the quote about luck and hard work the over day, utterly by chance.
  8. The effectiveness of square formation in NW.

James Grant said:
    Royal Scots Spudgun said:
    If nobody is watching the back of people reloading, cavalry can easily go and pick them off, or at least go close enough to them so that they break their reload. Also, what is this 'schiltron' formation?

Basically it was traditionally a group of spearman huddled around in a full circle with spears pointing out at every angle. But with muskets. I don't know of it ever being used in the Napoleonic wars but it would certainly work in NW.

I'm not sure if it was an 'official' formation, but Cornwell references a 'Rally Square,' which appears to basically be a schiltron, in some of his books.
  9. [NW][M]Iron Europe - WWI Mod (RELEASED)

Purely out of interest, how do you intend to stop players from simply toggling their gas mask on and leaving it on, that way completely nulifying the use of poison gas?
  10. BRYTENWALDA SPECIAL EDITION RELEASE - 28/09/2012

Congratulations on the completion of this superb project! Hopefully I'll download tonight.
  11. How to "raise 6 Ridwigas Engles" ?

Yes it is indeed that part of the part screen. Where it says whether they are infantry, cavalry or archers you can also click and create a new group, such as 'Engles.' You could then leave this group at spawn when you start a battle, or even tell them to retreat, although I'm not sure if they still gain experience then. Also, putting them at the bottom of your party list greatly reduces the chance of them spawning in with you if you have a lot of men, thereby 'keeping them safe.'
  12. Problem promoting

It may be that you need some particular stats to progress further, e.g. a certain amount of powerdraw or riding skill.

Or you may be at the highest attainable rank. :smile:
  13. To kill or not to kill Musicians

I tend to attack musicians if they're in my way, or if I'm playing Deathmatch. Unless they happen to be playing Men of Harlech, in which case they may live.
  14. Singleplayer Mod Recommendations? - The "I'm looking for X mod" Meta Thread

As far as 'musket age' singleplayer mods go, there's 1812-1815, and 1776 American revolution. I haven't tried either though, so I can't give you any feedback.
  15. When/How do I get promoted?

Sometimes you may not have the required riding or powerdraw skill to ride the unit's horse or use their bow, or the strength to wear the armour that that unit wears.
  16. [NEW RELEASE SEPTEMBER 13 V1.2]Blue Blood - Description and Downloads

Good job Udud, I look forward to downloading and playing this once I get back home from my holiday!
  17. [NEW RELEASE SEPTEMBER 13 V1.2]Blue Blood - Description and Downloads

In the Alpha Wales and France have no territory. Therefore I presume that the game pronunces them destroyed, since they have no territory remaining.
  18. Mod that Offers Realism?

I also highly recommend Blue Blood. However, if you're looking for something a little more 'established,' try Brytenwalda. Set in Dark Ages Britain, it's very gritty and realistic.
  19. [NEW RELEASE SEPTEMBER 13 V1.2]Blue Blood - Description and Downloads

I'm not quite sure if you understood what I meant about the detachments, I wasn't very clear. I meant actually spilit the troops into a seperate party, anabling you to dispatch a flying column of cavalry to raid the enemy's villages and draw them out. In a similar way, when you summon your knights, there could be an option to send them directly to garrison a settlement for the duration of their service.
  20. [NEW RELEASE SEPTEMBER 13 V1.2]Blue Blood - Description and Downloads

Yeah, you were quite right, I've got it sorted now.

I must say that I'm really impressed with this mod so far. Considering that it's still in the Alpha stages, what you have done already runs very smoothly and fits really well, superb job!

The only 'bugs' I've spotted is Arwa the Pearled one sat in London, (or is that intentional?), and one of the English ladies, (have forgotten the name, sorry) being bald; (again, might be intentional).

As far as suggestions go, I would like to see the map made bigger, with more villages and castles for each faction. I think that that would really help the Feudal nature of the mod come to life, when you can easily have 20 odd lords as vassals, who can each in turn muster the forces of their own fiefs.

In the long term, I'd love to see an advanced order system for your vassals/knights implemented, and the ability to split your forces into detatchments under the command of individual knights. I could see relationship with lords/knights being very important when determining how many troops they bring, and how long they stay on campaign before wandering off.

Also, as more of the bigger factions are set up, I'd like to see a system implemented where there are seperate marshals for each part of the realm, such as marshals of the North, South, East and West (or fancier names). This would mean that the king of say England could command the marshal of the North to muster the Northern Vassals and attack the scots, rather than literally every lord in the whole of the English territory going to attack the rather small Scotland.

Just a few ideas, but as I said, most excellent. Keep it up!
Back
Top Bottom