Search results for query: *

1. SP - UI The ability to use the mouse in the backspace troop ordering menu.

Ok, If you want a way to do it in the meantime, the keybindings can easily be changed in the options menu
    Yup, people suggested this as well. But the general schema confuses me. I put over 1k hours into Warband although steam does not say so. I streamed a lot of that content and people often asked me for assistance learning the game. I told them how *I* controlled my troops and what worked for me.

People often came in telling me about the Function key method and honestly... I can't get it so my troops do anything in any timely manner. By the time I get 1 order out the enemy is on me and my troops are dead.

While using the mouse my men are organized and I've got my cavalry following me so we can do a pincer attack from behind. What people keep telling me *they* can do with the function keys is what I can do with the mouse and I cannot do this with the function keys, I cannot do this with remapping the function keys to other keys as I've tried this.

Here is what happens when I try to use the function keys... I press a function I think I need and I'm reading through the options on the screen then I figure out I've selected the wrong option and it won't go back when I want... I get it to eventually go back and maybe press the right option and start the reading train again... Which I read slowly... I then have to look down at my keyboard away from the screen and figure out which button it wants me to press on my blank keyboard... I get the single command output and the enemy is on me.

The function keys are SLOW for me, Extremely slow.

What I used to do in Warband was click hold this position. Infantry, Advance X2, Move Closer X2, Archers Back up 1, Move closer X2, hold fire. Cav follow and move behind then have cavalry charge while I do so as well, Once I've broken them up a bit and disoriented them I run back to my infantry and archers and have my cav line up in back. Telling my archers to fire and letting them do their thing then when the infantry gets aproached the cav charge in with me again, Usually again as a pincer attack.

I want control of my army again...

What I'm doing at this point in time is this... Hoping to get some developer interaction so I know my issue has been heard and is being worked on. If this does not happen then I'll likely just refund as I don't know if this feature will be deemed 'worth' working on or not.

What I am *not* doing at this point in time is this... Playing the game so I cannot refund.

This feature is a literal game breaker for me, It is unplayable for me in current state.
  2. SP - UI The ability to use the mouse in the backspace troop ordering menu.

Yeah, I'm not asking for that. I know that exists, I feel its clunky and non-usable. The usable method was removed and I can't order my troops around anymore.

I'm not even going to say why because I don't want this thread to turn into *another* stupid hardware argument of ignorance as the last one did.
  3. SP - UI The ability to use the mouse in the backspace troop ordering menu.

In Warband you could give orders on this screen with your mouse: I'd like to be able to do the same on this screen: Under present configuration there is no way for me to give my troops orders and thus my capability in the game was clearly capped at the low end of gameplay, I'd never be able to...
  4. SP - Battles & Sieges Allow mouse control of troops from the backspace menu.

I don't think I'd have enjoyed Warband without this feature and I put this game down after the first battle because I could not give my troops orders the same way I did in Warband. Please do not tell me about the function key method for ordering your troops as an alternative, I find this to be...
  5. What small Quality of Life improvements would you want TW to implement?

Being able to control the troops with your mouse again from the backspace menu... I basically can't play due to the lack of this feature carry over from Warband.
  6. Combat Tweaks

I personally wish there was an option so we could use the mouse to give order to troops like Warband had. Lack of this feature sadly makes it so I can't give troops orders any more.
  7. Can you give orders like in Warband?

I don't get it, I have normal hands (not big, not small) and I can reach the F keys without any effort, I don't feel extra pressure.
    you understand home row is your hands sitting with your fingers on asdf jkl; and whether your wrists are straight or not...
    Ergonomic posture with straight wrist.
    IMG_20200331_182437.jpg

compared to the posture a normal keyboard would cause shoving your hands together below.
    IMG_20200331_182502.jpg

Notice the wrist is torqued to the right *constantly*, Alternative the left wrist would be torqued to the left constantly.
  8. Can you give orders like in Warband?

You can get one with wrist rest, like this:
    I personally never seen someone use the 60% design from there. Laptops often don't have the numpad, but the F keys are always present.

its about the posture and torque on your wrists to put your hands at home row and how it affects your blood flow in your body, AKA Ergonomics. :facepalm:
  9. Can you give orders like in Warband?

As for the rest of the people entirely missing the point of the post... I don't want to use the F-Keys because its not intuitive. I don't want to struggle at it until it is intuitive... Because the old game had an intuitive way where I could control my character *and* give commands.

Now I cannot do this in this game.

That is all that matters in relation to this post.

Not that you prefer the other way of doing it and seem to think I should too. I don't. I did not in Warband and while I recognized the other way *could* be faster if someone felt comfortable with it, I never did and it was always slower for me.

What equipment someone has should not be attacked by other users. Fact is *MOST* games don't use F-keys because they respect users hardware choices and the fact that hardware exists. The old game respected this by giving an alternative methodology.

Hardware choices should not attempt to be forced onto the consumers by developers. This here is a fine line where the developers are *almost* doing that. The only thing that makes it *not* that is the remapping capability which in no way respects that some people have accessibility issues and have specific hardware that allows them to function where normal hardware would not.
  10. Can you give orders like in Warband?

what kind of "equipment" are you talking about? im at a loss here..
    https://www.keyboardco.com/blog/ind...nd-more-a-guide-to-mechanical-keyboard-sizes/ < Equipment. Not all keyboards are gaming keyboards. Some are meant for different purposes. Eg... I bought mine because I felt like I was having wrist issues due to the posture a normal keyboard provides.
  11. Can you give orders like in Warband?

Wait, what keyboard doesn't have F keys? also I can't imagine that the game will be very enjoyable for you if all you can do is use your mouse in battles...It's probably best that you refund the game and come back when you can afford a basic PC setup
    Ignorance is bliss. Because everyone buys equipment for the same purpose right? :roll:
    I could reprogram the keyboard to *have* function keys or move my keys around, But I want to be able to control the game in the way I played the *previous* game for years. This is should have been an expected feature and it being missing should be considered an issue when in the previous game it is considered core functionality.
  12. Can you give orders like in Warband?

Well that's bad. I don't think the map will find it's way to bannerlord. because you can use your view to set go to this position without going there, so that removes the need for it i think. Maybe mods will bring it back. shouldn't be to hard to do that
    Like I said its not the map I want. Just being able to click the options on that screen instead of being forced into the other style or having the option to do somewhere.
  13. Can you give orders like in Warband?

Maybe this mod can help you xD.
    ScreamerLord
    basically you can scream your commands.

Thanks for the option but I think voice activation would be more awkward for me.
  14. Can you give orders like in Warband?

Not sure if it works there but middle mouse button activates mouse on some screens atleast. Also I think they just went for more realistic approach of command troops as the commander in the field, not as a god who sees the overview map. If you die as the commander or are knocked out, your troops will obviously have a hard time organising tactically. If this missing feature is a dealbreaker for you, you might need to refund atleast until the full release, at which point it might have been added in vanilla or mods.

Well I don't want the map. Just to be able to control the commands with the mouse... Back in the warband days I tried learning the F-key style and I always gave my men incorrect commands on accident. It was unproductive for me because it took more time trying to figure out what keys to press as function keys are not normal presses in any games, Nor my day to day usage.

I'm a visual learner so seeing this does this click click. Guys do what I want. Rather than Look at option on screen, start looking down at keyboard and counting which of my blank black keys is that F# because its not second nature to me at all and by the time I've got my guys to do 1 command... The enemy is upon us.

But with the old click style it was like You guys move forward twice, move closer together twice, Form a line now. While they are moving I'm clicking on the other guys telling them to spread out and move back. All while using wasd to move my character but losing camera control.

I could go on a quest of remapping all the keys in the game to something that is going to work... But this is early access... What happens when the game updates and blanks my keybinds and I have to spend a while rebinding it all then the next patch hits and does this? Not saying this will happen but I've experience such things in EA, So I consider it inside the realm of possibility.

I understand the whole EA thing and what it means... I just assumed that core functionality would be the same in this game than the previous one.

Dispite what my forum account says I do own all their other games except the viking one. I refunded that because I could not get through the intro in Linux.

This feature not existing now is not a game breaker for me if the devs communicate with us and let us know our feedback is being heard and considered, This is the intended purpose of EA after all.
  15. Can you give orders like in Warband?

6DB3F18AEF820970DF04CB14FAEAC164B57E7EC7

Why can't I use a mouse on this screen like warband ?
  16. Can you give orders like in Warband?

lmao, they didn't "make the game unplayable for you"

You just don't own the correct equipment to play the game. It's a YOU issue, not a Taleworlds issue.

Has nothing to do with my equipment, has 100% to do with a feature being removed that I used in the previous games. Its my choice whether I feel the game is worth my $ or not. It IS up to Taleworlds to make a product I want to use or I don't need to leave my $ with them.

Just rebind the keys in options menu.

I straight up hated trying to use this control scheme in the previous game and went to the backspace + click menu because it made sense. I honestly don't want to rebind the keys and this is a big enough missing feature for me to refund without a dev post saying they are going to fix it.

Now if the devs or a community manager simply say in this post, We hear your issue, we know about it, We *ARE* going to fix it eventually. This will prevent me from refunding the game as I know the issue has been heard and is taken seriously.
  17. Bannerlord SP First Reactions: Megathread

First Impression: Why can't I control my troops with my mouse anymore like in Warband? I guess I have to refund because they removed a much needed feature as I don't have Function keys on my keyboard without layer swapping all the time.
  18. Can you give orders like in Warband?

Command menus are accessible under F1 F2 F3 F4 keys, you will figure out the rest. Also select your desired group of units to give order (1 for inf, 2 archer, 3 cav, 4 horse archer, and goes up to 8 for skirmishers, light and heavy cav).
    Yeah, I don't have F-keys. Thus me wanting the old warband click style of orders.

I guess this means I refund as they made the game unplayable for me.
  19. Can you give orders like in Warband?

I used to open up the map and give troop orders through there with my mouse in warband... Does anyone know if this is possible in Bannerlord? If not I think I'll refund as the game is impossible to play on my equipment as I cannot give troop orders and I'm just going to lose every time without...
  20. Character creation & Stat/Skill Overhaul idea

Thanks a lot for your advice!
Back
Top Bottom