Search results for query: *

1. NERF OP KHUZAIT - after 3 months still same story

Yes, they do take from their own garrisons, in addition to settlement recruiting:

It is only the player clan blocked from doing this, although that wasn't always the case: my wife once took like 150 T5/T6 troops out of my stockpile garrison. I saw her party and thought, "Damn, the AI is getting really good at maxing out their parties."

And then I realized it was my ****.

And that's why I always babysit my companion armies to ensure that they get their guys from villages :razz:
  2. I feel sorry for AI as players have huge unfair advantage in the nature of this game.

What TW doesn't tell you is that the player character was Dio all along! They are just enabling The World when time stops for their battles.
  3. does 1.5.0 beta branch have multiplayer

The branches do work separately, but as far as I know they do have servers for the beta branch? I don't play much MP so bit useless there sorry.
  4. Give us a new Roadmap, or re-affirm the already existing Roadmap.

For sure, and I think as EA customers, at the bare minimum we should expect that, and its not remotely unreasonable.

For sure!

I really do feel for game devs at times. You have examples like no mans sky where it seemed their engagement got them nowhere, and in the end it worked out better when they just stop talking and worked on the game.

TW isn't in that position atm, but I can see so far that it's a hard line for them to straddle. I would be quite happy to see an upcoming features post, but if they have already done something like that then I am sorry, I just didn't see it.
  5. Dear TW, I heard you're planning to **** up this great game.

It’s pretty flawed to assume you have to be amazing at a game to enjoy it. Many of my best memories involving Warband had 0 fighting whatsoever. Just people messing around and having a laugh.

Exactly my dude. There were plenty of tryhard servers on Arma 3 I could've went to, but I knew it would not be for me.

People just need to learn to enjoy the game the way they want to. I feel that this will become more of an option once they release the modding tools and custom severs.
  6. Give us a new Roadmap, or re-affirm the already existing Roadmap.

Well I wouldn't mind an updated, but general and non-committal roadmap. Just so I know what is in store for the future.

But EA for any company, not just TW, is gonna be kinda messy, so i expect that they can't stick to it by the letter as some would hope.

As much as I loved Warband with the 1k hours or so I put into it, I wasn't there for it proper development. So I as an individual would prefer to take a more hands-off approach to BL's continuing development, as hard as that may be.

The conclusion for myself is that maybe I don't want a proper roadmap, maybe more of a insight into their general scope.
  7. Dear TW, I heard you're planning to **** up this great game.

I am writing as someone who is completely terrible at MP, jsyk.

I always liked preferred playing napoleonic wars as i felt it simplified the combat for me, only ever up or down. Unless of course I came across someone with a sword, then I knew I was f'ed.

And when I played BL MP, I of course did quite badly. Whether that was my bad internet or bad skills, it doesn't matter too much. What I do know is that all aspects of the game, including MP, is still a work in progress. I am quite interested to try MP now since the 1.5.0 update because it changed alot of things, but even I know that if I am still bad it's mostly gonna be on me.

I know that unless they add autoblock to MP (which TW would never do) I will forever be trash at MP, unless of course I make at concerted effort to get better at learning how fighting works. It would be silly to lean on my age as an excuse (seeing as I am only 25), as I have been shown people in their late 30's to be WAY better than me.

I think it comes a point for most people where they must realise that they are just incompatible with the meta gaming a certain game's MP presents and that other games will give them what they want. I learned that playing altis life on Arma 3 or PW on warband, I just enjoyed roleplaying alot more than skilled combat. There is no shame in this.
  8. I'm sorry but I finally give up, what the hell are TW doing? Nothing new in 3 weeks. Whoever is managing this team needs the boot.

I'm more for closing down the studio, returning people their money, long jail sentences and ban on working in this industry ever again.

And I thought I had seen it all at this point.

You are a complete lunatic and I hope for the sake of those in your life you gain no position of power or influence.
  9. The Unforeseen Cost of Executing Nobles

I always imagined there was a reason I never thought to execute people of my own culture, even if they defected.

I was an independent Aserai merchant republic and I thought to turn the tide by slaughtering the Vlandian lords who encroached on our deserts. Yet when I seen people of our own blood working for them, I thought it too much to kill them. Even though they caused a great shame by joining the enemy, it would be an even greater one to behead them for what would be in their eyes a necessary evil.

After reading this, I am super glad I didn't do it now damn.
  10. Latest Patch Optimization?

Can you revert patches? I have never done that before. All my cores while in game are running at around 88% - 97% before they were running at around 60%

Yeah you can do it on the options that you find when you right click the game in your steam library. If I was at my pc I could tell you exactly how but I'm sure if you Google how or search on the forum someone else might explain how more precisely.
  11. Latest Patch Optimization?

Have you tried going back a patch to see if that is the case? It is possible that the fix for the memory leaks has caused excess strain on the cpu but I haven't had the chance to play myself since this patch so I couldn't say for certain.
  12. The Sturgians look ridiculous

They knew the Nords were popular, sure, but this was before that series. Some people are wilder than ever for the whole Viking Media Myth, and in that regard, it might have served them to make the Nords a separate faction and just... include a portion of their home continent on the map.

While that might be quite the task to implement in the distant future, I could see them having some sort of nord invasion mechanic.

Have the Nords land and invade the sturgians or whoever is controlling the land they start on. You could have it happen quite late in the game like say at the 100 year mark, that way the player could have a chance to make sturgia strong enough to beat the Nords back.
  13. SP - Player, NPCs & Troops Does 'Death Enabled' Actually Work?

I've seen no death on the battlefield but I have seen random intrigue deaths and executions which leads me to infer this feature is not implemented yet

I have seen people be assassinated before too, makes me wonder if that's something that we as players will be able to do. While I have no problem chopping heads off it would be nice to have the sneaky option too.
  14. SP - Player, NPCs & Troops Does 'Death Enabled' Actually Work?

I have had this feature enabled on my last two characters, one I played to full map victory (not saying much I know) and one I was still playing. I have been downed numerous times on both saves and have not once seen them die. I have been stabbed to death, shot to death, heck I even got blown up...
  15. For all of you that cant hit anything with a sword on horseback

I had also thought this myself after restarting the campaign after my save as a super tall sturgian got corrupted. I started playing as a khuzait woman who was the shortest they could be and yup, I can make almost every hit with my sword now lol
  16. Is there a way to ask for a lords location?

If you ask any noble about Neretzes's folly, they should tell you who you should speak to about it. If you click their name whilst in dialogue with them, it should take you to the encyclopedia page about them. That should tell you their location. Then you click the location on that page and track it with the circle that appears next to the settlement name.

Oh and as far as I am aware their is no button on the UI that will take you to this page, you have to press N on the campaign map to get to it.
  17. Most Powerful Nation Debate

I voted for the Nords because even though they have less than capable cavalry and average archers, both of those problems can be fixed by just waiting for the Nords to take over. In my save they have taken dihirim(?) and they have a very good stranglehold on most of the vaegir land. That means that I have access to the best cavalry and arguably the best archers too. Top tier Nord infantry and top tier cavalry and archers from Swadia and Vaegirs is an unstoppable force, or at least from my experience it is :razz:
  18. Video demonstrating the power of Calvary

I like to roleplay as well yenno, just that cavalry do just wipe the floor with anyone, comes down to ride or get rolled on in some battles. Sieges are probably my favorite thing to do in the game anyway, much more fairer on the computer and me, its the real bread and butter of Napoleonic warfare imo.
  19. Video demonstrating the power of Calvary

I have never had a massive problem with enemy cavalry, I always have a small contingent of 50 dragoons in front of the infantry, just standing there. Then because I know how dumb the enemy cavalry actually are, I run on my own past the cavalry, aggro-ing them all to me and then I run through any hole I see in their infantry and quickly kill off their artillery men. By the time I have reached their infantry I have already ordered my cavalry to charge at their cavalry, who are facing backwards towards me and probably stuck in their own infantry, my line infantry are also charging to get stragglers and the light inf I usually just leave hanging by the artillery. This results in the enemy army getting their **** wrecked and me having less than 10% of my men die, all of them cavalry.

This is on full damage settings with 300 man battle size set. The fact this tactic works just proves the point that muskets are too poor, the enemy is too stupid and that cavalry is in fact too op. My cavalry gets 90% of all kills and it bothers me that the enemy AI are too stupid to form their own square or to stop going after me if they are cavalry. Any effort to change this system and to get more kills for my infantry usually results in alot of them dieing.

Anyone have any thoughts on this? I could try to record some footage as proof but that may take me a while, I'd rather you just took my word for it.
  20. The Original L'Aigle Thread, for the sake of history. Be ye warned.

Ililsa said:
    The guys in that picture are a very vague attempt at historical yeoman cavalry, volunteer militia who were basically along the lines of a Napoleonic Home Guard.

Most famous of these is probably the Manchester and Salford Yeoman Cavalry, which was a major part of a massacre of peaceful demonstrators which killed 15 and injured at least 400. Somehow I doubt they'll be making an appearance, given that this took place 10 years after L'Aigle is set.

The_Massacre_of_Peterloo.jpg

Well I don't mind that really, I just make a habit of saving manhunters so they can be in my party and knock people unconscious for me to take prisoner.

I was really just trying to think of something to talk about so that it isn't just people constantly asking if l'aigle is out yet  :razz:
Back
Top Bottom