Search results for query: *

• Users: Paula
  • Order by date
  1. Paula

Say Cheese v2

Hah, just ten pages later? And much more than a year passed. Got through months of depression in the meantime, and the baby has 16 teeth by now and new words every day. That's nice. ^^
    The stickers from my gallery app match his facial expressions in these photos so well. :grin:
    But also, since we got him, I have literally a thousand pictures on my phone, with just the occasional few that include me. x) Selfies are less fun than a silly chubby child, all of a sudden. so all of these are at least half a year old.

1VKs0.jpg
    dQzR3.jpg
    J_FEV.jpg
  2. Paula

Say Cheese v2

Thanks folks!

Thanks for being sensible about this, I can't stand parents that create Instagram accounts for their children and start posting as if it was the child trying to be a clout-seeking *****. Basically using their babies to selfishly gain more self-approval.
    I don't even have an instagram account for myself. That's why I have to post in places like this forum. :grin:
    But since I am a part-time photographer with a need for approval after all, here's a privacy-preserving detail shot, just for kicks. I understand that non-parents don't necessarily see the appeal of tiny baby bits. :lol:
    3dLQ-.jpg
  3. Paula

Say Cheese v2

I was pregnant until 12 days ago!
    I was too scared/superstitious to jinx the pregnancy though (was a high risk one because of my diabetes) so I didn't mention it. But now I got a baby boy who's doing really well (better than his parents :sleep:)! ☺
    8Qdq3.jpg
    nrKcv.jpg
    No baby pictures because we're paranoid about his privacy though. :razz:
  4. Paula

Yarn of insignificant questions

It also helps with editing (cutting out stuff) when you can switch between camera angles, because then there's no jarring mismatch of poses after removing a cough etc. since the pose would look different from a different angle anyways.
  5. Paula

Custom Titles

How could I ever give up being Baroness of butt?
  6. Paula

The official Goodbye thread.

I would post if only I had anything to say, just to show I'm also still lurking...oh wait
    :cool:
  7. Paula

Has anyone gotten into VR?

When we looked for a house to buy, the requirement for his room was "big enough for a designated VR area", but now he's still waiting for the 2nd generation (of the HTC system), I believe. :grin: His friend has the first and got him "hooked" and me mildly interested. My husband has a Playstation VR he could take over from his previous job, and we both quite enjoyed that Rhythm Violence game...what was it called? Oh, Thumper. But it's not a lasting attaction, so far, probably mostly due to the limited content availability.
  8. Paula

The Mariner's Shanty

Last I've been on a boat was about a week ago on our honeymoon to Iceland, with a "silent" whale watching tour. Loved it, with all the wind and the waves (and the birds and a few whales). ^^
    Too bad my husband doesn't like water/boats very much, otherwise I might want to spend all our vacations on boat trips. :grin: But he didn't even like the few days of canoeing tour we tried once, while I've done one every year in my teenage years.
    That's all I have to add to the discussion I guess.
  9. Paula

Say Cheese v2

Lord Brutus said:
    Antoine de Saint-Exupéry said:
    Congrats Paula :smile:
    You nits!  You say congratulations to the man and "Best Wishes" to the woman.  So, "Best Wishes, Paula."  :grin:
    I did not know this was a thing. :eek:
    Lord Brutus said:
    Telling a bride "Congratulations" implies she was real damn lucky to get a guy interested enough to marry her.
    I do consider myself very lucky with him. :grin: So thanks for all the positive sentiment everyone. :razz:

we have a little more standard photos too, but this is his favourite. He's not very typical after all. ^^
  10. Paula

Say Cheese v2

eFK76.jpg

:]
  11. Paula

Say Cheese v2

m70hV.jpg
    like, I'm in love with today (and the guy who took the photo, that helped too :lol:).

Aqt9C.jpg
  12. Paula

Summarise your 2017 in three words!

Up and down.
  13. Paula

What did you get for Christmas

l572x.jpg

A fidget spinner! My mom was so proud of that idea. :lol:
    And a swimsuit, slippers, a bunch of books which were mostly from my wishlist, cookies/sweets that I can't get in this country, random body lotion from my uninspired brother and sewing thread spools plus storage for the same.
    Seeing my teenage heartthrob again with her 11 days old baby and the rest of her super cute family was the best "gift" though. <3
  14. Paula

Say Cheese v2

Someone to bring the thread back on topic? Me! Me!! it's almost been a year after all and I have to document the massive changes everything went through in the meantime.
    no massive changes actually did happen. I got my nail polish fans on the wall and a new cover for my guest bed/armchair. woo... Still wear the same (kinda) clothes as years ago.
    I gave up on my laptop and got a nice and speedy desktop ensemble again, but forgot that those don't come with a webcam at all and had to go back to an old and ****ty one.
    Z_wW1.jpg
  15. Paula

Ignoring Topics

I meant for a way to exclude the whole topic from the unread posts list if it was started by someone from the ignore list. because chances are that I don't care about whatever topic a person I'm ignoring wants to talk about. no big deal obviously, just thought it would be nice.
  16. Paula

Ignoring Topics

What about someone's "ignore user" list? Any way to hide new topics by someone who's on your ignore list?
  17. Paula

Ignoring Topics

Talking about Ignore Boards, is it possible to give newly created boards the same status as their parent board automatically, at creation? Would be useful every time when for example a new sub-board in the Turkish section is set up. Then I wouldn't have to search through all the checkboxes to find the new, unticked one between all the boards I don't/can't read. x)
  18. Paula

Bioethics Thread - Animal Rights

"Agricultural products" have a smaller environmental impact per calorie than meat though. So eating plants instead of meat is a better choice with regards to the environment.

I do eat meat and other animal products btw. In smaller amounts than the average european though, and I don't see it as essential really.
  19. Paula

Have you considered being an Organ Donor?

I had a paper thing when I still lived in Germany because one day a housemate brought a whole stack of them and I won't be needing my organs if I end up braindead. After moving to the Netherlands I signed up at a central register thing as soon as I learnt about it. Got a little card to carry with me and put it in my motorbike pants pocket. ^^
    Felt pretty good about at least being able to sign up for organ donation, since they don't want me to donate blood or bone marrow already. I'd be doing it all if they just let me. :lol: (in varying frequencies and a certain order, obviously.)
Back
Top Bottom