Search results for query: *

1. Néathar

NC16 - Team Germany / Informationen, Ankündigungen und Bewerbungen

Erstmal nochmal danke an alle, die mitgemacht haben. Trotz des frühen Ausscheidens hat mir dieser NC noch wesentlich mehr Freude bereitet als der 2015.

Was die ganze Kritik angeht, natürlich KANN ein Team GER immer mit dem Titel liebäugeln. Genauso wie UK, FRA, TR, POL und seit den letzten beiden Jahren auch BeNe. Gewinnen kann aber nicht jeder. Wir als Captains haben alles gemacht was wir konnten, regelmäßig Trainings organisiert (die in der QF-Woche auch gut liefen), die vielversprechendsten Spieler rekrutiert, die verfügbar und bereit waren, viel Arbeit reinzustecken. Viele gute Spieler der Vorjahre konnten nicht, oder hatten schlichtweg nicht genug Interesse, sich für das Turnier den Arsch aufzureißen.

Was das QF angeht, scheinbar ist das schon seit langem die entscheidende Hürde für Germany. Wenn man 2010 (anderes System) und 2011 (schon in der Group Stage ausgeschieden) mal ausklammert ist Deutschland fast immer im Viertelfinale rausgeflogen (2012 gg UA, 2014 gg Türkei, 2015 gg Polen, und jetzt 2016 halt gg BeNe). Bis auf 2014 jedesmal gegen einen der späteren Finalisten, 2015 gegen den späteren Gewinner. Das ist vielleicht schade und unnötig, aber keine Schande. Ich denke auch es hat an dem Tag vor allem an der gesamten Tagesform und dem vllt. ein klein bisschen mangelnden "unbedingten Siegeswillen" gelegen. Sowas muss zu Beginn der Knockout-Phase eben spätestens passen, ansonsten wird's sehr schwer. 2013 hat das gepasst, und so konnte GER den Titel holen, bleibt nur zu hoffen, dass es zukünftig (auch in Bannerlord) zahlreiche Jahre geben wird, in denen für Deutschland alles passt.

Und wie gesagt: Danke nochmal an alle, die mitgezogen haben!

2. Néathar

[NC2016] Suggestions

Watly said:
    I think a certain part of Orion's PM should be seriously considered by anyone who intends to host a tournament with a similar ruleset to this one. The point is as follows:

Orion said:
    Now, regarding "significant advantage," I'm sure you're all aware this is not quantifiable. Therefore, you are all weighing your opinions against each other, opinions which may not be absolute. This means that, by the rules, the decision of the admins may not be true to their feelings on the matter, as the decision must be absolute. While I disagree with the notion of subjective rulings, in this case you're stuck with one. I ask that you adjust your punishment to be equivalent to the strength of your opinions regarding this incident rather than allow yourselves to be cornered by your own poorly written rule, forced to pass judgment you may not wholly agree with. Even if your position regarding the NA incident remains unchanged, then I strongly advise you to rewrite this rule after. You cannot quantify something with opinions, and attempting to do so will create distrust and animosity in the community. If your desire is zero tolerance, then the rule should read "and the admins determine that any advantage was gained," or better, "any non-excepted changes were made." It is best if nothing is left to interpretation.

The significant can hold multiple different meanings, all slightly different to one another. It could mean both relevant as well as fairly large. Most people could agree that blue projectiles could have had an impact, but could argue at the same time that the impact wasn't anywhere near "fairly large." I feel that it would be good to look into this and either change the ruling to what Orion proposed, since that properly conveys what the admin team intended with their rule, or change the phrasing to: "an advantage that could have changed the outcome of the match."

Both interpretations are correct right now due to the ambiguity of the word "significant." I prefer the former, since it allows no grey area whatsoever and cracks down harshly on cheaters and forces team to constantly be on their guard against cheaters.

I strongly support the point made in these posts. Hope future tournaments will just leave as little room for subjective, potentially biased interpretations, as possible. It should be clearly determined what's considered cheating and what the consequences for cheating will be (always). It works in both ways. Caught cheaters will face their punishment, as harsh as it may be, and even if it might include the team being punished as well. At the same time, if someone is involved in something questionable that is however not included in the rules yet, he/she can't be punished for it. In that case the rules would have to be changed first.

For now I guess the situation has been handled in the best possible way.
  3. Néathar

[NC2016] Group B

Thunderbeu said:
    blx99j9.png

Better print BS like this out and decorate your wall with it, if you need to (not in any way meaning to defend Pegasus's statements). Just don't further fill official NC threads with it, it's really not worth it.
  4. Néathar

[NC2016] Server Bookings & Admin Mod

OurGloriousLeader said:
    Fort of Honour on the TW servers at least is the old version (with dodgy wooden wall around cabbages). There was a new version with a fence - will this be used instead?

Good point, I didn't even notice because I'm so used to the messy one. I think if possible, the newer version should be used.
  5. Néathar

[NC2016] Group D

Is nobody going to post the screens for Russia&Ukraine vs Yugoslavia?
  6. Néathar

Deutsches Schildduell Turnier

reisleK said:
    ich dachte mir ich gebe mal den löffel an killer ab :3

So einfach kann man den (Koch)Löffel doch nicht abgeben!  :fruity:
  7. Néathar

Liwi said:
    irgendwer muss sie aufhalten bevor sie das Finale gegen Scar gewinnt  :ohdear: es geht um die männliche Ehre!

Du selbst hast ja nicht viel dazu beigetragen, oder Warli? :fruity:
  8. Néathar

reisleK said:
    wäre nett, wenn razer meine anfrage annehmen könnte. bin ab dem 30.12. erstmal ein paar tage weg und würde die duelle gerne vorher noch machen.

Razer meinte er kann über die Feiertage nicht spielen.. Ich weiß nicht ob das nur bis inklusive 26.12. gemeint war, oder Silvester noch mit einschließt (was wir mal nicht hoffen wollen).

EDIT: Neathar 14 - 9 Gaius. Gfs!
  9. Néathar

Scar said:
    Scar 14 - 8 Neathar

Super fights bro!

Jo :razz: Vielleicht sieht man sich ja im Finale wieder :wink:
  10. Néathar

NC16 - Team GER - Diskussion und Planung

Kann zwar zur Not auch erst ab 18 Uhr, hatte aber eigentlich gedacht ab 17 Uhr wäre geplant gewesen.

Magnus_XIV said:
    Also nochmal: Wie würde es euch am nächsten Sonntag passen? Zeitraum etwa zwischen 17-20 Uhr...
  11. Néathar

Die Captainfrage wird kommenden Sonntag hoffentlich geklärt, alles andere (Teamauswahl etc.) kommt danach.
  12. Néathar

Kann nur für mich sprechen, aber nächster Sonntag wäre definitiv machbarer.
  13. Néathar

Also ich kann definitiv nicht am Sonntag, wenn es nach 15:00 stattfindet.
  14. Néathar

Diesen Sonntag kann ich nicht um die Uhrzeit^^

Vielleicht wäre etwas früher am Nachmittag ja auch eine Möglichkeit?
  15. Néathar

Server Side Balance Modifications for Next Tournament (NC?)

GlorvalhirSRB said:
    Guess I see faction/map disadvantage as possible means of encouraging someone out there to come up with new tactics :grin:

If you have carefully followed WNL5, we have seen quite a few faction matchups on certain maps that always resulted in 3 - 0s for one particular side (one faction winning the map 6 - 0). And that did happen whilst teams were really different in skill both speaking about players in general and commanders/experience. There were scenarios like when Sarranids had to face off Nords on Sandiboush. As soon as Nords won a round in a stomp and their players got mail armor, sarranids just couldn't win anymore. Not by skill, not by fancy tactics. They just lacked the means. The point is to avoid stupid scenarios like these, not to eradicate any significant advantages/disadvantages. And like others pointed out, I too feel that some of those can't be avoided if we just rely on map design or so.

Once again, I agree with you that advantages/disadvantages encourage commanders to try to cope with them by using different tactical approaches. That is competitive play. But if some situations we get with the current system are so unbalanced, that they are just bound to lead into one side absolutely stomping the other, it becomes problematic. Leaving a big messing up of your opponents as your only chance to win a round, even if you have comparable or even better players/commanders is not competitive.
  16. Néathar

Main EU tournaments - statistics

_Osiris_ said:
    Nah he is right there is no ecs o  wall of glory (second post not first post). I'm not sure graphics were made for the first ecs

Hmm it was a pretty dramatic ending, with a declared adjusted score win in the end. So maybe that's the reason if theres no graphics.
  17. Néathar

Main EU tournaments - statistics

Am I blind or does the wall of glory miss ECS1?

Otherwise sick stuff!
  18. Néathar

[WNL5] Cards - discussion & applications

1) Nickname (without clan tags): Neathar
    2) Nationality: German
    3) primary class: Ranger
    4) secondary class (optional): -
    5) Screenshoot with your warband character
    p6210310.jpg
    2015113000000x4ehtouc8.jpg

6) Tournaments in which you've played (include your teams)

Only mentioning those you count:
    WNL1 (RNGD, 3rd)
    WNL2 (RNGD, dropped out after 8th week)
    WNL3 (Aquila, 2nd in Division B)
    WNL4 (Aquila, 4th)
    WNL5 (AE, 1st)
    ECS1 (RNGD, 4th)
    ECS2 (AE, 2nd)
    NC2012 (GER, no placement)
    NC2015 (GER, no placement)

7) Tournaments in which you took part as a referee/admin: -
  19. Néathar

Ich würde sagen wir gönnen uns alle erstmal eine Woche Pause nach dem Finale und dann würde ich sagen, dass so langsam vor allem dann (mit TS-Versammlung, die man ankündigen sollte) über die Captainwahlen nachgedacht werden sollte. Das sollten wir noch vor der Weihnachts- und Neujahrspause (schätze bei den meisten ist das so 20.12.15 - 5.1.16 ungefähr) hinbekommen, damit man dann im Januar konrekt wie du vorgeschlagen hast mit den gemeinsamen Trainings usw. anfangen kann und die Teamselektion beginnen. Im Vergleich zu manchen anderen Teams sind wir dieses Jahr zumindest ja schon relativ spät dran^^
  20. Néathar

[WNL5] Grand Final and Bronze Match - Apis Europae WNL5 Champions

Sorry for the BS that happened. Was a nice match, GG.
Back
Top Bottom