Search results for query: *

1. nirkoj

Question about courtship as a male.

Fultic said:
    JosieJ said:
    I believe you can with the Diplomacy mod.

:shock:

How do I get divorced?!
    If memory serves right, in Diplomacy the option to get divorced is somewhere in the camp menu. Not sure whether you have to enable the cheatmenu or not.
    And for the mod to allow you to marry a companion, first you have to grant them a fief.
  2. nirkoj

Queens feast

Roberto3371 said:
    But then I go and try another mod and after all that downloading I only discover that yes this is nowhere near as good as pendor it just has a couple of elements which would be great IN pendor. Such as foraging, entertainment skill with some logical tweaks and a good old fashioned workover to make half the lords women including Sir Rayne.
    We're further veering offtopic here but, such emptiness mainly derives from the fact that people usually start trying out mods when bored of Calradia. PoP is one of the few mods available with such a deep conversion from the original setup. This why some people may feel dissapointment when going from PoP to other mods. On a side note, I never really appreciated those two skills in Brytenwalda. I disabled and/or modded several of the morale penalties and overall realism added by Idibil to better appreciate the bigger picture. Ahh, the nostalgia of it.

To each their own indeed.

3. nirkoj

What cheats do you use in PoP?

No, no, I meant deleting <youknowwhat>, coding a switch would come after that. I know about SD hiatus.

Edit: Alright, if you're fine with it.

4. nirkoj

What cheats do you use in PoP?

MadVader said:
    I switched to a single version to simplify development, but I see now that may have been a mistake.
    I believe you should consider contacting SD to delete the source of the problem like it should've been.

5. nirkoj

Satisfy My Curiosity

For some people, choosing their weapon is a matter of personal preference, not everyone is a min/max psycho. What comes as a turn-on for someone may result dull to others, different styles/abilities/situations call for different choices, Testing the weapons available until you find the right one for you is a big part of the fun. In addition, PoP has a wide range of highly devastating weapons, do not underestimate the rule of cool.

6. nirkoj

What are the best and worst factions in PoP? Gives us your opinion!

Falkner92 said:
    What do you use for infantry and cavalry? :???:
    Adventurers, Rogue Knights, Heretic Magnus, etc.

7. nirkoj

Lady Raubrey said:
    MadVader said:
    Lady Raubrey said:
    MadVader said:
    If he put more effort into describing what he wants to do, there would have been more constructive answers, but saying "inf/arch?" is not so stimulating.

I'll concede that if you concede that 6 or so one-word posts isn't exactly riveting either.  :wink:
    That was just trolling and wasn't even funny. The lack of wit and sophisticated invective in trolling attempts is deplorable. Ok? :smile:

hahahaha -- Bravo! If you're going to troll, troll with class and forethought darnit!
    If those who replied do not receive a warning my only hope is that they take the experience for future reference.

@OP:
    The only faction troops I use in early/mid game are ravenstern rangers.

8. nirkoj

Lady Raubrey said:
    Popular like this? http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,280500.0.html
    Why they decided to ruin his thread by trolling is beyond me.

9. nirkoj

[LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Lady Raubrey said:
    nirkoj said:
    Lady Raubrey said:
    And esp. if it is  earlish in the game and the lords have fiefs, there is little reason for them to be unhappy.
    Most lord's attributes are randomized when starting a new game, including relationship. This is why you can see defections as early as day 2.

Didn't say there wasn't some randomness to things (at the start) but I talked to most all lords on the map and most say "Long Live the King!" If there wasn't some intentional coding as would be logical to make them happy (because they have fiefs and their faction is doing well) such...well, just don't know what to say about that. "It" (cause and effect) is usually how relationships are programmed in a game of this nature (and most the disgruntled Lords in vanilla seem not have a/enough fief(s) or similar conflict, or choice of companions). Then I would imagine if a lord is honorable or not plays a role. Of course you get those whom are not happy but they say so, if they trust/like you enough or have the personality to spill the beans, as it were.
    What I intend to clarify is that disgruntled/restless status is established at game start, from there it progresses subject to events and personality traits as usual. On a side note, this information (intrigue) is regarded as troop notes, and revealed by lords on a relation ratio according to your persuasion skill.

10. nirkoj

Lady Raubrey said:
    And esp. if it is  earlish in the game and the lords have fiefs, there is little reason for them to be unhappy.
    Most lord's attributes are randomized when starting a new game, including relationship. This is why you can see defections as early as day 2.

kaz_unite_bro said:
    1. if I take all my knighthood order troops and have them in my party and rebel will I still have the troops, I know sadly my troops in my castle will belong to the fiersvain now :smile:

2. I sent Lethaldrien to train my knighthood order troops for 4 weeks, he is back now and there level 45 with really good stats, I then sent him again for another 4 weeks when he got back for some reason the troops don't upgrade any of there stats anymore. Do I have to use another companion?

3. I have 41 Right To Rule and 89 Honor, is this enough to start my own Kingdom

4. I saw Syla Uzas, 250 empire immortals (and forgot the other high tier troops), I attempted to kite him to a huge marshal army, they all ran away, he is still alive and I don't think he is going to die, is this the hardest spawn in the game? the amount of high end troops he has is crazy! would it be possible to solo this guy? (with just your army).
    1. When you rebel you keep everything you have. If you simply renounce your oath, empty your holdings first.
    2. If they have nothing left to learn from him, then yes.
    3. Yes, it is.
    4. He is not the hardest, but still tricky if you're not well prepared. I've defeated him having good ranged backup (100+ Silvermists and/or KoTEG)

11. nirkoj

mr48 said:
    Do you mean that their parties fight each other if they run into each other on the map?
    Yes, their respective factions have a relation of -100.

12. nirkoj

thunderfire said:
    I have a question about household troops. Most lords have the knighthood order troops of their faction. These constitue as household troops, is that correct?
    If I tell them to adapt to my culture, does that affect these troops?
    No, household troops are unique troops designated to certain lords in each faction. These troops are fixed and do not change with the lord's culture (e.g., Duke Brennus: KotL, Duke Alexis: KotD, Earl Aedin: Adventurers.) You can the identify household troops by closely observing a war party. Also, bear in mind that although certain companions have special troops, these are not considered as household. Companions made into lords obtain household troops when they found an order in one of their holdings. There were changes made to household troops between 3.5 and 3.6, so the list above is not accurate. However, in that same topic Raubrey linked, this list seems fairly accurate with 3.6 changes.

mr48 said:
    does establishing and building relations with the Knights of the Ebony Gauntlet interact negatively with my Noldor relations in the game mechanics, or is their mutual dislike only a part of the lore?
    No, it doesn't. Their dislike is part of both lore and their respective factions parties.
  13. nirkoj

fidoman1272 said:
    With the surgery skill, does the % of people knocked out when they would normally be killed work in the way that once I get it to 100% (using multiple people, not cheating) would it simply mean that I would have 100% more people getting knocked out relative to people getting killed, or would I just be so amazing at playing doctor that I would be able to heal all of the most horrific Jatu-lance-to-the-face type of injury?
    As already pointed out, the surgery skill adds up to 56% to the survivability of you troops. However this is added upon the base 25%, which means when this skill reaches 14, your troops have 25 + 56 = 81% survivability rate. The engine calculates this each time a troop is fatally wounded. Here is a reference from the wiki, but if you read carefully the in-game description of the three medical skills you'll get a better understanding of how they work.

14. nirkoj

[AAR/Novella] Feverspeak: Lamentations of the Queen of Pendor

nirkoj said:
    Come to think of it: aren't we all expecting an AAR from you, missy?
    Never in the least when I teased you back then did I expect for you to come out with such a display of creativity and inspiration. Shortcomings expected from a first-timer aside, there is only one thing for me to say,

Splendid job.

15. nirkoj

Not in a very helpful mood, are you?

"The fastest way to obtain something is to procure it yourself."

Upon that premise, I'd like to share a thought:
    If someone finds themselves unable to procure something they require, and decides to appeal to the good will of strangers to procure it for them, the smart approach to use is the one that yields the fastest results. Communities, in general, usually have both explicit and unspoken rules. Regardless of what you may think about said rules, one truth remains the same: The more people you accomplish to reach with your request, the faster and better the results you obtain.

I believe, if you understand a certain approach prevents a number of people from providing you with assistance and still do so anyway, ultimately you're accomplishing nothing more than thwarting your own endeavor by depriving yourself of sources who would otherwise attend to what you inquire. It is an utmost irony, in my opinion however, to approach a community scoffing at their regulations and protest for being scoffed at.

I hope these words serve some purpose to those who read.
  16. nirkoj

POLL: Do you hate or like elves,and if so why?

nirkoj said:
    I love elven and druid cultures as usually depicted by authors in fantasy lore. though i see how their 'holier than thou' archetype can rub people the wrong way.
    They are usually depicted as wise beings in deep relation with nature and a strong sense of cybernetics, something I believe one should strive for.

Those who just know the noldor from Pendor may appreciate:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noldor
    http://lotr.wikia.com/wiki/Ñoldor
  17. nirkoj

Epicrules said:
    I hate elves because I play Dwarf Fortress.

That should tell you enough.
    Hahaha, indeed it does.

18. nirkoj

I love elven and druid cultures as usually depicted by authors in fantasy lore. though i see how their 'holier than thou' archetype can rub people the wrong way.
    Is that your reason people?

19. nirkoj

[AAR/Novella] Feverspeak: Lamentations of the Queen of Pendor

Lady Raubrey said:
    A god's voice booms across the sky:"I Eunomia Stabilitis, first in rank amongst the hierarchy of the Pendor Gods, warn you, Chosen One.  You face many dangers ahead."
    Ohh... gotcha! :wink:

Lady Raubrey said:
    One does not become Queen, or achieve 7500 renown, by being saintly.
    1tm9r7E.png

Lady Raubrey said:
    Suddenly, Lady Raubrey looks at me, her eyes dark and her face stark.

"Good Night Mildred Azi Dah...sss," m'lady chirps. How is Emirin and your family?"
    :shock: I'm getting a bad feeling about this...

37th attempt!? wth, exaggerated much? lol
    -. Keep'em coming
  20. nirkoj

Allies not attacking vanskerry

Perhaps I was not clear, they join to help when you initiate the battle, not join an ongoing one.

Back
Top Bottom