Search results for query: *

1. [NW][M]Iron Europe - WWI Mod (RELEASED)

why are the scopes detachable
  2. [NW][M]Iron Europe - WWI Mod (RELEASED)

you've modeled a no.4, they're 1930s era. You want the SMLE
  3. [NW][M]Iron Europe - WWI Mod (RELEASED)

Vasilio said:
    Was the Lebel a common rifle the French used?

It was a favourite among the troops because of its high magazine capacity. There was a shortage of them around 1916-1917 which hastened a bunch of the berthiers into service (which had their own set of problems - low magazine capacity being one of them - it was a rifle developed "up" from a musketoon made for artillery and cav) and this lead to the berthier magazine being  expanded. The lebel would probably have been the rifle most likely encountered for a frenchman in ww1... at least in europe.
  4. [NW][M]Iron Europe - WWI Mod (RELEASED)

Rigadoon said:
    These revolvers might be outdated by WWI, but they're far from useless and will be an option for those who value power and/or prefer old fashioned firearms.

Not the greatest pick maybe... The reichsrevolver, while acceptable for its time (it didnt get much better than .44 russian in black powder days.. yeah we're talking 1870s here) is bested by the 9mm para by a good hundred foot-pounds or more. There's a reason 9mm is still used today, and the luger was in use since 1908. You would have to be utterly mental, or a rear line troop to be carrying a reichsrevolver. they were quite phased out. Even the c96 bested it in stopping power, and it threw a much lighter projectile with a somewhat lighter charge than the luger.

As for the 1892... It's more common, but really was about the same as the ruby's cartridge (32ACP) in terms of its stopping power. I would sooner have suggested having the chamelot-delvigne as some of these were in service and they had notably more grunt than the modele 1892.

also the bore on the lebel can't be unseen... it's an 8mm, not a .50

on another note, the german bandolier looks pretty undersized. consider that a couple of rifle clips needed to fit in each partition
    http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3640/3311542770_1dac1f53da.jpg
  5. Official 3D art thread - Warband

worked on this last week

http://7dfps.com/?action=games&id=263

pics of the art:

http://www.polycount.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1901117&postcount=10960

try some of the games of the 7dfps, a lot of them are great.
    and upvote them too :grin:
  6. SP Musket Era [WB] For King or For Parliament

this is a good-ass idea for a mod. keep it up
  7. Screenshot Mega Thread

oh, that thing's out. It looks good
  8. War Party, a game i've been making

Docm30 said:
    Good bit of fun, that.

I couldn't really tell what the goal was, but I assume that'll be better explained later. Basically I couldn't figure out if the goal was to kill the enemy or to smash their wall.
    both. Smashing the wall is better cause it ends the fight sooner.
    Protecting your own camp is important too because thats where your "surgeons" are. That doesnt really matter in isolated battles though, itll be more of a thing when you have a persistent number of dudes on campaign.

i will have to work out some kind of tutorial, but how that'll work i'm not sure yet.
  9. War Party, a game i've been making

there's a cheap n' nasty demo of the puzzle/combat aspect of the game now, up for download.
    I'd love for you to give it a try, and tell me what you think either here or on indieDB or wherever you feel like.

http://www.indiedb.com/games/war-party/downloads
  10. War Party, a game i've been making

I feel a bit ashamed plugging my own game here, but a lot of the setting is MnB inspired (in fact even the name of the game probably sprung to mind from MnB) and i suppose this setting appeals to a lot of dudes here. I've been making this on my own for about a week and two days now. the main...
  11. Screenshot Mega Thread

it's a puzzle/strategy/wargame with a sort of randomised (very simple) campaign as a metagame. Maybe i should make a thread for it.
  12. Screenshot Mega Thread

oh and if anyone's interested in betatesting it PM me. If you have a 'droid you get bonus points. iOS build is gonna be a bit later.
  13. Screenshot Mega Thread

I havent posted in this thread before but i've been making a cheapo game in 2d which i thought the MnB community might appreciate. PC/droid/ios :smile:
    32h4K.png
  14. Official 3D art thread - Warband

Artizan said:

not bad!

-barrel isn't round
    -extractor should usually be flush with the breech bolt, and isnt quite right in shape
    -magazine floorplate should not be beveled like you have it, they were flat
    -rear sight should be much wider at the back
    -stripper clip slots seem only half modeled

as a general rule, never ever scale a barrel/bore or any other circular part unless you do it in both directions to maintain the circular shape.
    if you need to stretch the model to fix a cylinder in, you're modeling it wrong. circles dont lie, they always have constant radius. in fact, they are a good place to start modeling any hard surface object, because their dimensions can easily be derived even from a side-view.
  15. Official 3D art thread - Warband

it's just 3ds max viewport
  16. Official 3D art thread - Warband

not a uvmapping issue - it's how the normalmap projected cause of the difference between the LP and the HP. It's not worth fixing as i believe this asset is for third person
  17. Official 3D art thread - Warband

another one. still not QUITE there but pretty much how it's gonna look when done.

jack, i very lazilly threw an existing buckle on the sword-belt. You know i meant well... i just couldn't be bothered baking something out, i wanna get paid :grin:

xeno, went with the stitching. looks a lot cooler imo. theres also some shadowing on this around where gauntlets meet bracers and so on which you might notice.

i'm thinking i'll do a tied-off end to the lacing at the front of the shirt, but i dunno.

taleworlds if youre reading this, outsource me :razz:

22pWI

22pT3
  18. Official 3D art thread - Warband

soozo12 said:
    as i said it's my first and still learning , i am not a genius at moddeling like you yet :razz:
    and it was made for fun and i didn't try to put it in a game or anything but i appreciate your answer

don't be fooled! this isn't a modeling skill - it's an observation skill. it will help you in any art, not just modeling. be thorough, and you will learn more
  19. Official 3D art thread - Warband

xenoargh said:
    SSAO's pretty expensive. 

Would be cheaper to just have variants and do vertex AO or do texture variants with a different AO pass.  For parts that aren't moving much against the parts they're over but aren't rigged to, it won't be all that noticeable that it doesn't match vs. having it feel like it's floating. 

Cost there is mainly RAM to store variant data vs. SSAO which is a per-frame cost to overall FPS.  Hard to say which is the more important tradeoff without knowing a lot more about the project- if it's relatively small numbers of actors and geometry, go for SSAO as a solution, but for mass combat it's important to keep processing costs cheap or the game's going to chug when players' POV includes a lot of actors on the screen.

Anyhow, just my two cents; if I were running your gig I'd want to have as much of that kind of data burned into the assets as possible and rely on self-shadowing for the rest.

most modern engines are just doing SSAO already anyway. Texture variants is just... a crazy inefficient idea as it'd need to be computed with some kind of script, and take up another few MB of vram.

Also, SSAO is *SS.* meaning the number of actors onscreen really wont make a difference because it processes a rendered frame, not geometric data. 2x'ing the diffuse texture data for huge numbers of units would be a lot more inefficient than just letting SSAO do its thing

i don't know how many characters the dude is planning to have on screen though
  20. Official 3D art thread - Warband

xenoargh said:
    @Harry_:  Great job thus far, that's a suit of armor that has character and looks lived-in :smile:

General critique:  the maille and leather areas would benefit from more variety of treatments, especially the leather.  Nothing fancy, just some adjustments to color and perhaps an overlay bump to give it a different feel, like making the handle look like sharkskin or whatnot.  Little changes in hue or value would go a long way here.

Specific stuff:  practically all of this is nit-pick stuff, although I'm a bit worried about those forearm guards clipping a lot when rigged.
    harry_man_at_arms_wip.jpg

re: all the AO comments except the ones on the feet - i should probably have mentioned that most the arm inside the tunic is modeled, as is a lot of the chest, because it will probably move around a bit while animating. Same with the "dagger hanger" belt - these will probably need to just rely on SSAO or something - but at any rate they'd look much weirder leaving permanent shadows even while moving, than having little to no shadow :smile:

the stitching is something ive been on the fence about cause not many pictures seem to show it, but since someone else recommended it now i feel like i wanna go that route :wink: it will add a nice detail anyway.

aaaaaand , that "thick cloth" part youre seeing isnt actually the edge of the cloth, it's just a darkened area around the edge of the thing. I should probably soften it off so it doesnt look like lighting on an edge.
Back
Top Bottom