Search results for query: *

1. Bug reports and known issues (v4.x, use new bug tracker instead)

I noticed a minor bug ( or a loophole for me adleast ). Basically this bug allowed me to take hundreds of thousands of denars as a " loan " :grin:

Ok technically it's quite simple. When your treasury is low ( or maybe even exactly 0 ? ) and you send out a gift to a kingdom your treasury goes to negative... and there after is where the fun begins. Basically when u ask about your treasury summary it says " We currently have a treasury of - 38216 and 0 debts " or something similar. It also allows you to constantly take out 10 000 denars ( spam clicking will make u rich in no time ) and you just "increase" the negative value of the treasury. Yes I abused this bug a bit but in the end managed to get my net worth to the plus side of things =)

If it's difficult to recreate this. Then I had my own kingdom, alayen as my diplomat ( or whatever ), however the " staff " was hired ( i think ) when matheld was the " boss in the house ". The daily influx of denars covered my expenses so i didn't fall into " debts " ... I see that this can be very risky because as soon as wages become higher than income for some reason. You'll most propobly run into debts. I haven't tryed it out to this extent however.

*** Also a minor bug ( but possibly cause i have 2 "mods" integrated, by myself and it's just a compatibility issue ). Basically I have a barded horses ( 25 of em ) installed on top of diplomacy ( because the save game that i wanted to play also was with the horses and didn't want to run withouth ) . So when I ask some lord if/why he has issues with someone or weather he likes his liege. he replies often with something similar to " I am upset that he recieved the fief of Castle Guard " instead of castle guard there can be anything else like Khergit Veteran Horse Archer .. or .. some other type/name of unit, lol. At first i thought it could be possibly due to me giving some lords some men, but then it still turned out that it's some issue with string codes that link to units instead of fiefs.

Anyways just felt like pointing these out incase, Thank you!
  2. Feedback

Okay to begin with, I'm not a forum type of person, so sorry for a possibly slow reply. I wanted to thank you for what I call, the most fundamental Mod for Warband/M&B. Like a fair amount of people have said, this adds features that were like meant to be there, but for some reason, weren't, yet changes nothing in the game to make it feel like it's " modded ". 

So thank you a lot on creating a Great mod from a once Great idea!

Can't say that I'm a particularly experienced player of M&B but I still have my two cents to say, hope it'll help.

Some things I noticed:

* Adleast for me asking for peace, was really simple ( always succeeded ) even if war just started. TBH I don't even mind the chance to negotiate for peace so early/easily, but maybe some people might. I personally prefer it as is. It is also possibly due to my honor/right to rule being quite/very high. I think I've had like 70+ RtR when i started the peace treatie thing.

* Getting a lord to join your faction via an emissary seems rather difficult or close to impossible? My "emissary" char ( lezalit ) with persuation skill of 4 never managed to persuade a single lord of joining my kingdom, no matter weather i offered a town or a city as a fief, yet when I personally go to talk to a vassal of another kingdom ( and my persuation is 3 [possibly lower before] ) I've succeded more than half the time.

P.S Those 2 might be a bit biased since I'm waaaaayyy into the late game now ( I got my own kingdom and only rhodoks are left, I control most of the rest of the land... so maybe it's not exactly how they seem to me at this stage.

A few suggestions:

Maybe it would be fun to be able to "order" some items/stuff from some npc. ( Say your cancellor or wife or whatever, possibly depending on the type of item ). I personally had very hard time finding a Lordly plate armour. Only saw it like once and back then i didn't have enough money ( on me, only in treasury ). So this got me the idea, that i think would be cool to be able to ask your "friend" to buy some particular item he notices or sees for you.. ofcourse for an extra price? like you can set the item type, name, and ofc the attribute ( lordly, reinforced,thick ect. ) ofc such services would not come cheap.
    This could be done eather in one particular city when the item ( or if set.. maybe several ) would appear in the shop/market, or maybe in any of the towns you own? or maybe in any of the whole faction towns that u belong to or are ruler of? Perhaps also have a price modifier attached to it. Say if u want to spy out an item in 1 town it'd be cheaper than "monitoring" the whole realm's towns.

An advanced option to this could be perhaps ordering an item to be made? for an even higher price and the more complex/expensive the item the longer it would take?

Another possibility of the same "problem" would be upgrading already existant armour? Also somewhat expensive ofc. Say upgrading Thick->Reinforced.

Personally i prefer the first 2 options

Similar feature ( ordering or monitoring ) would be great for hosting a feast. I am not particularly sure what the " buy some bread " option on your wife does, but it'd be great to be able to buy 1 full set of " feast food " in 1 bulk, or maybe just the more troublesome stuff like chicken, beef and pork.

* Another small but in my oppinion a very helpful feature would be the possibility ( with the help of your spy network and ofc money ) to be able to find the list of richest towns ( or other fiefs ) perhaps naming all 22 towns in a decreasing order of wealth or just the top 15? and for castles ( maybe top 10-15? ) and villages just top 15-20?

*Also since i see this mod as a fundamental part of the game. This suggestion isn't particularly about diplomacy ( or is it? ). I had a fair bit of time to figure out what features/things affect your party speed, and I'm still not sure if I got it all right. I know there's a "page" in some of the sub menus of the game, where u can read about politics, morale and so on. And since map movement speed is such a complex feature ( yet very important imo ) i think it'd be great to add a small descriptive page for the newbies on how the thing works out. I know morale affects it ( yet it's maxed at 99 ) also the athletics skill of your footmen and archers and riding skill of horsemen. Also part size ( tho i'm not sure weather this affects directly or indirectly(throughmorale)) also prisoners seem to affect it aswell. Also i'm not sure weather encumbrance of you/your party members is important and ect. I don't think i'm the only one trying to figure this riddle out? Heck if it's so valuable information maybe it'd be able to " buy " it ? lol. Say ask your councellor for advice and pay him some fancy sum for some advice like this.                                     

P.S My apologies If any of the above has already been suggested, I really can't afford time-wise to read the whole thread through.  Thanks a lot however if you find and take the time to read my post.
    Keep on the Great work on this Great mod! Thanks a lot!
Back
Top Bottom