Get in the game you big turds!

And again!
  3. Éadric

Get your bottoms on!
  4. Éadric

HILDILEIKR – official Víkingr server

Cheers Þurcytel!

And yes, I ought not have used the F-word, but he had been turdly earlier this week and I was much irked.
  5. Éadric

HILDILEIKR – official Víkingr server

Between 19:00 and 19:30 Amsterdam time Oddr [something] Jomsborg TK'ed me in a suspect manner (over a full second after killing a foe) without apologising. A bit later he TK'ed me from behind with his long axe without a foe around. Again no word. I told him not too TK on purpose again. A few moments later he was at me again, but hit my shield. I told him to f*** off and he responded by insulting me and saying no-one gives a **** about the rules but me (Éadríc).
  6. Éadric

All right, let's get this party started!

Last one on is a raging turd.
  7. Éadric

PREVIOUS EVENT: Val de Saire (May 17th)

A thank you to everyone for fighting, my brothers most of all, and a big thank you to the organisers. The conquest map was lovely work by Gúða though I have to wonder at the mystery leaves in some of the streets, popping in and out of existence like particles at the quantum level. And last but not least, hats off to Æsc, considering his double challenge.
  8. Éadric

Historical Discussion

Just one of many contemporary examples:

Bayeux-Tapestry-009.jpg

And this reminds me of something that's been bothering me for a long time: the distinction in Víkingr between throwing spears and thrusting spears. There should only be spears of different lengths. Ideal would be to have your spear overarm (with the thumb inside, not outside like in Víkingr), with left mouse button to thrust and (say) shift + left mouse button to throw. If the spear's too long for proper throwing, and covers but a pitiful distance, that's on you. It would also mean you have to make sure you don't have a mate right behind you when you throw, lest you poke him with the butt of your spear.

But I'm afraid this thing I'm proposing is not feasible with M&B.
  9. Éadric

FIGHT!
  10. Éadric

It is time.

Time to get your bottoms on!
  11. Éadric

Get on!
  12. Éadric

Six on so far, but I want more!
  13. Éadric

Get to fighting!
  14. Éadric

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 9 - Ethnic Instruments

This:

Lily-Livered River Pirate said:
    While we're at it

Forward
    Along the Shore
    Stien Klarnar
    Eastern
    Winter

I enjoyed the early sketches more than the final results - Aserai excepted - the issue with 'epic' is how quickly it outstays its welcome, and how seldom it suits its context. One has to remember that people will sink countless hours into this game, and though there's certainly room for dramatic music - in battle specifically - I feel more can be achieved with tracks that allow one to sink into some sort of a trance (a beat, a rhythm accompanying one's actions - Hotline Miami's soundtrack is a great example of this in a completely different style) than with bombastic battle music imposing itself where unnecessary (picture yourself riding down looters to this) heard again and again if the battle frequency of Warband is anything to go by.

This being said I'm definitely looking forward to more, thanks for the blog!
  15. Éadric

Se Englisca þrǽd

Git, gif hwá áwiht gylt hé þæt seleþ, ná?

And nafa sorh, ic can gód lybb wiþ brægenfeortingum. Ðæt gamele wíf þe æt Sceoccanwuda súþende eardaþ, héo gewunelíce hæfþ sum. Ac ne saga áwiht ymb hire cýcenu, oþþe þú scealt hire besman geþolian. And héo ne hæfþ tíman for spell of Frenciscum fǽmnum. God síe mid þé – þú þearft his helpan wiþ hire.
  16. Éadric

Se Englisca þrǽd

Ðéos fǽmne hæfþ sóðlíce þín heortan fangen, bucca. Weald þéah þú tó late boren eart. Syndrig folc finstú húru on swǽrrum tímum and foldum, ac þéostre dagas genéalǽcaþ and þú mége git swylc mægð métan. Gese léof, Éadríc wereþ his geómorgríman and séceþ gód on wolftíde.

Ðú sceoldest híe hider tó sundormétinge niman! Getréowlíce, séo andwearde méting mid hoppiendum tæglum gemǽdeþ mé. Ðence þára cildra!

Ðú wilt hí gyldan? Hwæt mǽnstú? And hwæt tácnaþ þyht hér? Ðás mé rǽdelsas sindon!
  17. Éadric

NAFNGIFT – get a period name

For Old English (a.k.a. Anglo-Saxon) you could go with Andríc.

The name itself is not attested, as far as I know, but the elements were in use in other names at least, cf. Andhún and Wulfríc.
  18. Éadric

The Mead Hall

Haraldr, I recommend this translation:

It has the original text and the translation on facing pages. It's not a verse translation, so the alliteration is lost, but it does preserve the cadence and many of the poetic compounds.

Edit: I should add that it has an excellent introduction and commentary, shedding great light on the cultural and historical background and the literary qualities.
Back
Top Bottom