Search results for query: *

1. Drewry

Warband at E3

I just hope the people living in their mother's basements won't have the uber characters, while people with jobs and lives will remain recruits, even if they can kick everyone's ass in a fight the three or four times a week they play.

That's how every multiplayer game is.  They may win at the game, but you win at life.
  2. Drewry

Mod for a price

meh money just allows people to get what they want even though they are untalented, unsuccessful or too lazy.
  3. Drewry

MP Musket Era The Peninsular War - Napoleonic Warband mod - scene editors needed

Haha I missed seeing the ol' Axe at work, stupid noobs :wink:  The mod is looking great Dain, top notch work you got goin on here
  4. Drewry

Waterloo Mod

I'll hold him down Drewry, and you can kick him.

LOL yes please do!

BTW, did I mention that the Napoleonic war video doc was excellent? Should do a mod on that conflict some time  I'd like to see Prussians

I didn't know you saw that?  That's cool, I had a blast helping to make it, and Christian is an incredible animator. And yea that would make a great mod, I'd be up for helping on that.
  5. Drewry

Waterloo Mod

The hold up is because of a very annoying error with Vista and the module system, if anyone knows of a fix to this I would be greatly appreciative:

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,35044.0.html

I'm about ready to give up with this damned thing, it's very frustrating.
  6. Drewry

How to fix "Python not recognized..." (now also for Windows 7)

I'm on Vista 64 and I'm also getting the Errno 13 permission error.  I've tried just about everything and so far no luck.
  7. Drewry

Waterloo Mod

I've been quiet for the past few weeks due mostly to the lack of a module system and a side project i've been working on for halloween - after halloween is over I plan to dedicate more of my time to this.  Also now that the module system is here I hope to bring the testers something within the next few weeks.  But I plan to take my time on this, as this isn't a race or competition for me.
  8. Drewry

Turn-based Multiplayer Mod (Advice, Criticism, Suggestions Wanted)

Even with the source code, it would be very difficult to achieve (real time that is).  Well good luck with this, I was thinking a turn based might work out nicely but didnt really have the time to work out the logistics of it all.
  9. Drewry

SP Other Medieval Love, the Mod

well I'd love for this mod to become a reality, seems very ambitious though -- not that it's a bad thing
  10. Drewry

SP Other Brick and Blade: Status update.

I concur, I look forward to playing this when you have the time to finish it.  But I shall remain patient until then :wink:
  11. Drewry

Waterloo Mod

shako_a.png

french shako version a (lignard)
  12. Drewry

Waterloo Mod

I realized when I was making the list that several of the men were dead by Waterloo, and the list would not be perfect.  However, I wanted to include names that people would recognize.  I have an alternative list I can post and we can vote on it.
  13. Drewry

Waterloo Mod

first post updated.
  14. Drewry

Waterloo Mod

voltigeur-3.jpg

Voltigeur - Dans son sens militaire, le voltigeur est un fantassin porté en première ligne par un cavalier qui le prend en croupe. Plus généralement, le terme désigne les unités d’infanterie légère d’une compagnie d’élite destinée à agir en tirailleur en avant de la ligne d’un bataillon. La Garde impériale a eu jusqu’à 19 régiments de voltigeurs. Il est alors le fin tireur de l'armée française, mais plus faible au corps à corps.

Voltigeur - In the military sense, the Voltigeur is a grunt infantryman led from the front by a Cavalryman in hindquarters.  However, more generally the term applies to a light infantry unit of an elite company to act as a skirmisher ahead of the line infantry of the battalion.  The Imperial Guard had up to 19 regiments of Voltigeurs.  It is thus the best skirmisher of the French Army, but more weak in melee combat.
  15. Drewry

Waterloo Mod

yes, it is important for everyone to remember that the uniform series we will be covering is the circa 1815 standard issue.  As for models, I have them covered for now.  Consistency is very important for me.  Until I feel that I can show someone else how the process of making these uniforms will be approached (it is all very scientific at the moment) I'd like to keep it as just me.
  16. Drewry

Waterloo Mod

First of many to come:

french_infanterie_de_la_ligne.jpg

L'infanterie de la ligne -  désigne les unités d'infanterie classique, généralement des fusiliers qui combattaient en formation en ligne et composaient les compagnies du centre d'un bataillon. On parle à propos de ces hommes de lignards. L'intérêt du combat en ligne sur la colonne est double : d'une part, face à l'artillerie, un boulet en prenant une colonne en enfilade peut causer la perte d'une quinzaine d'hommes, ce qui devient impossible face à une ligne ; d'autre part, pour le tir en ligne, toute la puissance de feu peut être employée simultanément.

Infanterie de la Ligne - the quintessential infantryman, generally Fusiliers who fight in line formation compose companies in the middle of a battalion.  They were known as the "Lignards."  There are two advantages of line combat:  one, facing the artillery, a canon ball can cause several casualties of men while in column formation, however, this becomes impossible against a line.  The other advantage, is that a musket becomes much more powerful while the entire line fires simultaneously.
  17. Drewry

Waterloo Mod

I think you can expect to see some black watch types

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/96/Wollen,_Battle_of_Quatre_Bras.jpg
  18. Drewry

Waterloo Mod

I think the testers can expect at least something to test after a few weeks of the module release. 
  19. Drewry

Waterloo Mod

Guys don't get too worked up in the troop type trees, it is likely it will change at least 50 times before the first release.  While historical accuracy is important, smooth and fun gameplay is also very important as well.  A historical game that is no fun is not valuable for me to spend my time making.  I will try to balance these two as best as I am able.  In regards to sharing models, as I said from the beginning -- anyone who is willing to donate models I will gladly accept, but I do not ask or require that anyone do so and I dont want anyone to feel obligated to just because the time periods are similar.  I am perfectly capable of producing all the models required for this mod myself.  As always, any work I produce for this mod is welcome to be used in any mod anyone wishes to create so long as my name is at least mentioned.
Back
Top Bottom