Search results for query: *

1. dk3dknight

SP Fantasy Warsword Fantasy Battles Mod / Warsword Baptism open test version out now

Looks sweet.

Im still doing my runs.

Just letting you know im not dead.  :mrgreen:
    Ive been taping some more videos to show you.

Ive also been doing alot of playing around and playing with settings.

I also did something stupid and played with the ati card options
    and caused my computer to blue screen on running of the cc control center...

That shaved some of my time working that one out, who would have thought
    the settings would save itself onto the video card it self..  So uninstalling wouldn't
    actually help nor running in safe mode.  I had a good idea on how to fix it but im just
    one of those guys that wants to find any other possible fix while im doing it.

I like troubleshooting things.  :p

Cheers you1.
  2. dk3dknight

SP Fantasy Warsword Fantasy Battles Mod / Warsword Baptism open test version out now

you1 said:
    Hi dk3dknight
    Thks some gr8 testing

"I imagine someone modified the ale and wine to make them
    consumable, that's probably a question for you1 though."
    All the food stuffs, wine oil, and ale etc. are consumable, if you mean their eaten, in the next version all food stuffs, wine oil, and ale etc. are a bonus with the consumed time being made faster, stops players just sitting in camp hiding from all the bad guys after you, if you do this your food and drink supplies run out very quickly, with your troops leaving, since your morale diminishes fast.

Your best Tactic is “Keep moving forward”
    Grail knight at the gates of Malogar

Thanks

Ah you1 you misunderstood his question, see he wants to know the method you used to make it consumable in this mod, to improve his understanding so that if he too wanted to do this in say his own module or whatever that he might employ this.

He wants  your secrets :p
  3. dk3dknight

Sir William the Brave said:
    dk3dknight said:
    Crashes?

Wow I haven't had that happen, (correction 3 times none in battle see * notice bellow for explanation.) did you backup Mount and blades data folder and then take the warsword data folder and copy into mount and blades root folder?

Are you using mount and blade enhanced?

* 1st two crashes were a missing file which I told you1 about.
    * 3rd crash was my own stupidy of trying to run the game without ANY data folder cause I deleted the previous root Data folder as part of installing a new test version.  :shock:

What kind of frame rate do you get in towns, and battles?
    Enhance at it's finest! Also how do I view framerate?
    By the way do you know how to make ale and wine consumable? Just asking.

Open up the Mount and blade launcher
    Hit Configure
    Under the Video tab under Render options there are
    check boxes one of them says Show Frame rate,
    Check it and press okay, now while your playing your
    fps is displayed in the left right corner of your screen.

I imagine someone modified the ale and wine to make them
    consumable, that's probably a question for you1 though.

Oh a little test compare what happens when you run the mod in dx9 and dx7
    and report the one you have the least issues with.

To switch render modes in the Mound and blade Launcher go to configure
    Under the video tab you should see Render Method, in the drop down box
    There are two options in the drop down box
    DirectX 7
    DirectX 9

9 is prettier then 7, but 7 is easier to render.

Cheers :smile:
  4. dk3dknight

Crashes?

Wow I haven't had that happen, (correction 3 times none in battle see * notice bellow for explanation.) did you backup Mount and blades data folder and then take the warsword data folder and copy into mount and blades root folder?

Are you using mount and blade enhanced?

* 1st two crashes were a missing file which I told you1 about.
    * 3rd crash was my own stupidy of trying to run the game without ANY data folder cause I deleted the previous root Data folder as part of installing a new test version.  :shock:

What kind of frame rate do you get in towns, and battles?
  5. dk3dknight

Sir William the Brave said:
    You1, you should remove the battle formation. It's kind of pointless, and it makes the game runs better too!

1st why, its really cool of course I guess it doesn't work well if you have small army cap.

To be honest I prefer some of the tactical formations the AI sometimes uses for this, such as the 360 shield wall with slow advance, breaking out into multiple formations, or some of the crazier bait and switch tactics.

Ive also noticed the tactics seem to change based on who is commanding the AI, which the game gives you a confirmation of the elimination of the enemy force commander and who is now in command.

I admit I don't use it so much for my own troops, I usually just go for straight lines and massive archer lines with infantry lines in front at lower elevation and cavalry on the flank.

Of course some enemies apparently have no tactical skill and use less useful strategies.

Just my thoughts, oh and what performance loss are you getting, I haven't noticed any performance lost compared to other mods.  Of course I have my army setup to 86 or so I think.  If your computer is struggling with dx9 you might consider taking the dx7 nose dive you will get much better performance, at least in my experience.  *I took the dx7 nose dive double the frame rate is nice*

Well Cheers Sir William the Brave,
    And hope to speak to you again,
    Have a nice day :smile:,
    Chris
  6. dk3dknight

deutrino said:
    you1 said:
    deutrino said:
    In my games dwarfs usually wage war against everybody else (Silvania, the Empire, Orks, Wood Elfs, Bretonia) and they always end up conquering new castles (AI vs AI battles). If they get cavalry boost... I don't know.  :sad:

I’m having to excurse the comments on Warsword, Warsword baptism not been purist enough to the lore of warhammer,
    I appreciate there’s 202 pages of views, you would have to read through to understand the world of Warsword, but let’s look at page 1, the very 1st page yes number 1
    Del has gone to great lengths to explain
    Warsword is a mod based on Warhammer fantasy battles game by Games Workshop.
    This is total conversion of the original Mount & Blade, and it will not work on Warbands.
    Warsword has no intention to try and copy warhammer, the mod has many things that are different than the warhammer world, which is mainly a table top world, not a real time RPG adventure game,
    The skaven in Warsword are very different to the table top, yet players enjoy playing them,
    The ratling gunner is different, the over use of blackpowder troops is to balance the faction which is very easy to beat, this faction could do with a mount also,

The Table top battles are between two sides, Warsword you have including yourself the player 13 different cultures with their own troop types fighting it out to be the outright winner.

There’s been many views on Warsword not been true to the lore, 1 comment was orc archers,
    Not been correct, but in the test version no one commented on this, why because in a real time battle archers are must, it doesn’t matter whether your elven bowmen or a Bretonnian longbow man, every army in history had some form of skirmisher, to stand off and pepper the foe,
    The Greeks who where a great infantry nation had the phalanx, it took Alexander the great to introduce basic cavalry to change the battlefield tactics of the day, which the Persians never adapted to and lost,
    The introduction of the dwarf mount has done just that , Many a battle the Dwarfs where out flanked by speed and cut down, the Chaos knights where very good at this, the Dwarf mounted slayer balances this and makes the dwarf a greater challenge,

I have no loyalty to any of the 12 cultures in Warsword, I look to make the game player able and enjoyable which means a challenge; they are other mods out there that stick to the lore.
    Warsword never started out to do this and will continue in this direction

May be my limited knowledge of English failed me. I will try to explain it better this time.
    I don't play tabletop games.
    I don't know what the rules are.
    I don't know much about the lore.
    I enjoy the grim, dark feeling in Warhammer, and this is all.

When I have played "Warsword Release 2 update2" (the previous version of this mod), I have noticed that Lizardmen are unusually strong and they beat all other factions. I thought that this is intentional, so I have never mentioned it.

In this release "Warsword Baptism" (the version that is currently available) Lizardmen are average faction, and they are no longer overpowered. The Dwarvs are overpowered even if they don't have cavalry. They are at war with several factions simultaneously, and they are always victorious.

May be I am the only one who have this impression, I don't know.
    I thought that you may want to know this, before the next version is released. In any case it was never my intention to impose my own ideas on anybody. Stay safe.

Im sorry good chap,
    to answer your question,
    I just checked and that issue,
    doesn't seem to occur anymore.

But I will keep a look out for it.

The last version that you1 handed out
    to testers has the dwarfs only declare
    war on who you would expect them to.

But as always everything can change.

:grin:

I think giving dwarfs Calvary will balance
    them, this way they won't take so many
    gun units to the battlefield.

I haven't taken my sword to dwarfs yet,
    I am still perfecting my army.

Waiting to strike MUHAHAHA!..  cough weez.

Anyway have a great day,
    Cheers -dk3dknight
  7. dk3dknight

Nowhere in this mod does it say its Warhammer Warsword  :wink:

I see this as a based but expanded on universe and in itself its a alternative universe,
    where events are yet to be determined, great battles never fought, great victories never happened,
    great loses haven't been written yet, and yet a Great War shall ravage the lands.

Will you join a lord to unite the lands, or will you bring chaos onto it and declare yourself ruler of the world.

Who are you? 

See this remains the biggest factor, the player, never written about in lore, never documented, never rewarded,
    a unknown that will in some way forever change (your) meta world.

And so it begins...

I look forward to your next update you1, for you the world creator, the wordsmith, the designer we all look up to you, and stand ready to shed blood on your virtual battle field, and claim our own piece of the world.

-Chris Cantrell
  8. dk3dknight

That looks sexy  :shock:

Cant wait to see it on the battlegrounds.
  9. dk3dknight

Thanks,
    I meant to send you a message yesterday as well, as a reply, but the forum suddenly started to get backup,
    and I could not send the message, so I went to sleep instead.

Thankfully saved the message so I wouldn't have to retype it.

:smile:
  10. dk3dknight

Before I start on some of the bugs found in the old testing version I would like to take a few moments of pure awesomeness that I just felt like sharing.

mb1.png

mb4.png

Quite cool epic battle archers tore the enemies to shreds...

1st Female Race

-Defaults to human face with witch armor and witch troops. (armor can be removed)
    Oddly enough It seems the human female gets it alot better starter equipment, and
    I think the two races got mistaken.

Picture Elf Witch (real)
    mb22.png

Picture Elf Witch (human female)
    mb23.png

2nd My evil Twin
    I ordered a pistoler to form a new formation which formed a new unit that after this conversation
    disappeared forever.

mb5.png

mb6.png

*At this time there was no player faction*

Which I thought was quite funny, even thought to offer a sword of vassalage to myself... lol

mb7.png

3rd Goblins
    mb10.png

*3 goblin battlegroups walking in formation :smile: *

There very very very short, making them very very hard to hit from horse back, moreso for the AI.
    mb12.png

In this picture the AI calvary are stuck swinging there sword at the goblin and there swords don't quite make it, discovered that its easier to hit goblins on the right then the left when mounted.
    I finally ended this sad sad scene by shooting the goblin down with a pistol.

4th Hidden Chest Laughing Outpost
    In the custom made outpost where you can hire some cheap spearman there is a chest that has its initiation away from the actual chest.
    mb13.png

mb14.png

5th Foiled by Bridges
    The Ai sometimes get very confused on bridges some won't follow you across because there afraid of them.  Here's a picture of the emperor stuck flip flopping on a bridge and his loyal subjects very very confused.

mb15.png

6th Emperial Cultist
    Im not sure if this is a bug, but I had a city that didn't change its culture after being taken by the empirals and instead of militia I got cultist.

mb20.png

To be less vague This town.
    mb21.png

Note the garrison of cultist I imagine the emperor is not happy about this..., no apparently he approves... as he rides away..  :lol:

Im not sure if all these are bugs or as designed or limitation of the game engine, I only offer what I see.

Now that is over let us enjoy some cool screen shots..

The im too cool to fight you chaos epic formation walk.
    mb17.png

*I had 41 bullets but one of the chaos troops fell out of formation to attack me, so he had a accident.... for trying to ruin my screenshot...*

Hurry Gertrud To VICTORY!!!!
    mb18.png

11. dk3dknight

I would also love to help testing, and I offer the unthinkable, the I can only play mount and blade dx7.

System Spec PC
    Windows 7 Ultimate Edition (32bit)
    2gb DDR2
    NVIDIA GeForce 6100 with 32mb Dedicated Memory  :twisted: 495 MB shared
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+(2.0GHz) 64 bit Dual Core Processor on a 32 bit operation system muhaha

(A link to the machine so you further mock it)
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883108025

(Ive purchased the extra ram so it could run windows 7)
    I was given windows 7 by microsoft at the dallas semi launch party...

I have access to 2 other computers one is a laptop with a Radeon HD video card but don't remember the specs
    ill need to look that one up and I have access to a windows xp machine in the garage. (it has good cpu calculation and ram but *not so good graphic potential*)

Oh... but I failed to properly introduce myself..

My name is Chris, im 28, have a Associates in IT,
    I love troubleshooting, and fiddling.

I started playing warsword several years ago on a friends laptop, *promised to look after
    another friends animals* so I played warsword and china ww2, was very happy to finally
    come home and play warsword proper. (on my friends laptop very low with LAG)

On my desktop mount and blade runs smoothly on the settings I finally set myself on.

Microsoft gives my desktop a rating of 2.0 if that has any meaning to you.

Any additional question I look forward to answer.

Cheers, and keep up the great work! :smile:

Update:
    Oh btw I was playing the test build on the front page, is it okay to offer some bugs I discovered in it, or is it to old of a build
    to bother?

On that note I would love to compliment the formations and arrays they work quite unexpected and are deeply enjoyable.
    *Note my unit count is 86 I believe* Small detachments form shield walls and slowly advance onto my troops in formation, while archers scatter to make them harder targets to hit.

Ive seen vanillia lords do interesting things, but never so intricate, its also interesting when a leader is killed how the strategy will drastically change, a patient leader might perform a defensive U formation drawing enemy swordsman in and trapping them, killing that leader, the new leader is more aggressive and starts forming multiple attack formations, of course since they were outnumbered this was not the best move, it was a better move to draw out my cqc troops from my range troops, but since the smarter commander is dead the strategy goes changed.

Which creates a nice counter strategy, if the enemy is outmaneuvering you, assassinate the commander, and continue to do so until you get a impulsive commander.

Ive also been surprised by some of the strategiums that I would normally use.  Such as leave a small detachment of archers and footman and draw the enemy to that unit while circling around with a large detachment of calvary and sneak them through the right flank of the enemies ranged units...

I was quite surprised to see a force equal to mine charging my flank in Calvary, thankfully I stopped there charging by baiting the Calvary into chasing me as I hand gunned them down leading them away from my ranged units, but still within my ranged units attack range.  I still lost a portion of my archers, thank goodness I had so many and they defaulted to scattered line formation making it more difficult to hit multiple archers.  Sadly a stray arrow hit my horse and ended my strategy, but at that point I had weakened there position and killed the commander, and the new one wanted the Calvary to support the ranged units.
  12. dk3dknight

WilliamBerne isnt dead

WilliamBerne said:
    OK, you got me.  :wink:

I'm neither dead nor harmed in any way. I came back here rarely since I moved on to other things. It was like knowing that you still love your ex, you will always try to avoid meeting her/him, cause the fact that you 2 won't be together to the end hurts you every time when the meeting happens.
    Now I think I might find a way of continuing this mod somehow. But don't get excited now, it's just a long shot, please don't have false hope.

Anyway, I'm happy that this mod is still capable of enjoying people, and you guys still remember me :grin:

We miss you, :smile:
    You made one of the greatest and epic mods.
    Your work touches us all, I don't think I ever got a chance to thank you,
    so Thank Master WilliamBerne for all the joy you created in my life and for the all the fun.

Cheers, and have a nice day :smile:
    Christopher Ryan Cantrell (dk3dknight)
  13. dk3dknight

I want to be a woman.

MrGrendel said:
    dk3dknight said:
    For example im about a few cm shot of 6 feet, I went to walmart, the clerk was of the female gender.
    She towered over me she had to been 8 foot or 9 foot, regardless of my gender or hers she was taller,
    and in pure strength, I knew I would lose, in pure leverage alone.

LOL OH OK

Next time I wonder about gender differences I'll just go to Wal Mart! Why didn't I think of that sooner?

Edit: 9 FOOT ROFL

WAS IT THIS PERSON???

0a0ba_Funny-and-Strange-People-Shopping-in-WalMart-Part-10_01-550x343.jpg

Nooo..  :shock:

She was tall not wide.. she had to bend down to hand people receipts because customers could not reach there receipts like dangling a receipt over someones head...
    Its just odd experience to have your normal eye level at someones belly button.. 

Still some of those past posts sounded like they were from very old animes.. I should probably take my opinions and set them on fire though as there not important...
    so ill stop, and I wish everyone's dreams to be fulfilled and that everyone gets what they want...

Cheers everyone.
  14. dk3dknight

download: female versions of WFAS armors

Will check out, thanks for doing this.
  15. dk3dknight

I want to be a woman.

MrGrendel said:
    xenoargh said:
    Using a rapier doesn't require a great deal of brute force.

No, waving a light piece of metal around doesn't require a lot of force.

Clicking a button to parry is real easy and all but do you think that, in reality, when your rapier touches another weapon, some sort of magical force is generated that makes them stop their attack at you? You do understand, in reality, you have to use your muscles to make these kind of things happen, and what's opposing them is the other person's muscles? Even a bit of strength can make a huge difference... sometimes it's simply a matter of "can you or can't you." A severe enough blow to a parrying weapon can even knock it out of your hand. It's going to happen sooner or later, the only question then being if you are strong enough to hold on to it. I've had it happen to me before, but mostly when I was sparring someone larger, or had been knocked off balance. (Usually by someone who was larger than me.)

That has absolutely nothing to do with gender at all..

For example im about a few cm shot of 6 feet, I went to walmart, the clerk was of the female gender.
    She towered over me she had to been 8 foot or 9 foot, regardless of my gender or hers she was taller,
    and in pure strength, I knew I would lose, in pure leverage alone.

By golly this is sounding like a episode of an anime show where they talked about Hikaru's weak spot
    was she was small vs a stronger taller female opponent..

God rolls us with our initial stats but by golly its are own choices to improve on those stats, and if we
    play it right we counter any objective.  Tallness, reach are all things that can be countered, and
    your right a human being is not one too fall easily.. and why the bloody hell is my cat bringing toy mouses
    to my doorstep... oh wait what were we talking about..

Something about anime and peeing on tents I believe... don't remember.  :razz:

16. dk3dknight

Dysentery?

Ah talked to someone who's went through medical school

Bad Water
    or
    Bad Food

:wink:
  17. dk3dknight

Official Spam and discussion topic

EricT said:
    You probably did when you didn't know it.
    (Trying to continue the spam conversation here)

Well darn on me. :p

Thankfully mount and blade is keeping me company during the psn outage...

Seriously want to play coop with my uncle..  :eek:

Still enjoying alot of modules, and just finished redownloading Mount and Blade so
    I can play WW2 China single player again on my new laptop.
  18. dk3dknight

I want to be a woman.

Chopy said:
    VampLena no offense , but you sound like a fanatical feminist.Woman doesn't have to prove to anyone that she is stronger or better than man ! Man love and respect women because of their femininity not masculinity.Roles for both female and male ware given by nature , males ware made physically stronger than women in order to protect woman , woman is more important for reproduction. 1 male 10 females = 10 baby's.10males 1 female = 1 baby.
    I agree that it should be possible to play as a woman at this point.But let's not get deluded with ridiculous statements that females are as capable fighters as males.Woman are destined to much bigger role of bringing a new life.

I am a guy and even I find that offensive..  :neutral:

I believe men and women are equally capable of anything they set there mind to, as long as there is drive and desire and means they will accomplish it.

I certainty do not believe gender gives us any limitations on capabilities or limit what we are capable of achieving..
    It is our own mindsets, resources and, desires.  Alot of times we allow predetermined limits based on mindsets that
    are from third parties.. and that deludes us in believing those mindsets are some kinda hard coded limit.

I certainty hope the company reconsiders there choice on fire and sword, but if they don't I imagine modders will.

I have to say im kinda shocked by some of the responses here though...
  19. dk3dknight

Dysentery?

catking2003 said:
    Ducarmel said:
    when I got it I stayed in a town for a night or more and it went away.

but if u dont treat it quick enough (like within one day or so ) it will take away about 1/4 of ur forces

Wikipedia says even in our modern day society not treating it can be lethal, and even today people die from
    this disease so seems like they replicated it.. :p
Back
Top Bottom