Search results for query: *

1. Wraithcat

Turning off that damned green arrow.

Once again, thankyou for a speedy and comprehensive response! 

This will be very useful indeed. :grin:
  2. Wraithcat

Thanks awesomely!

I assume that I was supposed to change every instance of it in the txt file?

Also, it looks like backspace is already used for a troop status report. Any idea if there would be another key that might work just as well, but not be currently used by the mod? If so, what number would I have to type into the txt file?

Once again, thanks for the help! :smile:
  3. Wraithcat

So, after a four year break, I've decided to revisit M&B and what was my favorite mod.

Sadly, the Green Arrow of Annoyance is still there and making the mod entirely unplayable.

Basically, whenever I move forward, using the "E" key, I get the "Everybody move over there" Green Arrow of doom.

Is this hard coded into the mod, or is there any way I can turn this off?
  4. Wraithcat

Seiges - Exploits and Flaws

There are no bugs.

Only features...
  5. Wraithcat

The green arrow that seems to want to tell soldiers where to go.
  6. Wraithcat

I'm just coming back to this mod after putting down M&B for about 12 months. The green arrow really ruins it for me. It is distracting and pointless. How do I turn it off?
  7. Wraithcat

Lvling is bad... why?

WTF?? The game gets harder as you level? That seems kind of silly to me. Why bother leveling at all? Why not just change the ini so that you earn hardly any XP?

I haven't played M&BW until now, but having played M&B since early beta days, I can say that one of the things that I most enjoy is the whole leveling thing. I've always liked that I can level how I see fit and still play the game. If it is that sensitive that you need to micromanage points and be a grognard in order to play the damned thing, I'm not sure if I will bother.
  8. Wraithcat

Starting Characters

Amazing.

In this version, I get my arse handed to me on a platter by everything that I face, irrespective of which toon I play. It is simply too hard, particularly once I'm up against multiple enemies.

I used to play the merchant in EGII, but there isn't any way that I could survive using it in this version.
  9. Wraithcat

Expanded Gameplay III (Download v0.95e)

I think one of the problems that I'm having (yes, I continues to play, even after my earlier post saying it was for masocists. Must... Find... Brain...) is that even with a high pathfinding, I still can't catch many of the parties on the map, without following them for days. Effectively, I need a larger party to survive against things like the fallen, but the larger party costs more and travels slower. Is there a reason why other parties seem to travel so quickly on this map?

I'm looking forward to this mod being perfected, as it was outstanding in beta.  :grin:
  10. Wraithcat

I hate to have to say it, given how much time I spent playing EGII, but as far as I'm concerned this mod falls into the unplayable catagory at the moment. Gameplay seems to consist of getting my arse handed to me by groups of invincible fighters. Rinse and repeat. Boring and unsatisfying unless you are a masocistic grognard.

And its not like I can raise an army to defeat these armies, because even a crappy army costs far too much to support and still looses against anything that is put up against it. My weekly upkeep for my army was over 4000 before I even knew.

Also there needs to be way  more low level parties for the player to fight and more spawning generally. In one game I played I got to day five without meeting a single bandit party.
  11. Wraithcat

Good to see this mod back.

I love the way that you've done the Undead, it looks really great. The only problem is that the way they interact with the world is annoying beyond belief. All they do is make a beeline for the player and not only ignore every other party, but are also ignored by everyone else. I'm still early on in the game, where I can't deal with a these guys and they've shut my game down really well, as they keep on killing me and It really ****s me to be chased all over the map by these guys with the same predictable, obvious result. I'm no masocist and don't enjoy playing games that I don't stand a chance in. Frankly, they make the game unplayable for me.

Also, are you going to have the onyx soldier startup as well, for those who want a heavily armoured foot fighter?
  12. Wraithcat

frostytequila said:
    Wraithcat seems a touch out of the loop on this one. :grin: Chel does some pretty amazing stuff with his mods. Definately one to download.

I am out of touch with this mod.

But surely listing the features of the mod would seem to be a bit of common sense? Given all of the other great mods out there, what makes this mod so special?

Anyone?
  13. Wraithcat

[Variant] - Sword of Damocles V4 - Gunpowder Invasion V1

vonmistont said:
    Well... Obviously argumentation above while valid does not justify 1/10 rating.

Yes, you are right. I was tired, grumpy and coming down with a horrible disease (well a cold really, but its still nasty), when I rated it and not really thinking clearly at the time. A 1/10 really should be reserved for failures and bugfests, which this clearly is not.

My appologies to all concerned!  :oops:
  14. Wraithcat

I recognise that you've put alot of work into this mod, and I appologies for only giving it a one. I guess I'm looking to a different philosophy with mods that I load up; I expect them to be able to allow me to do additional things, and have more fun, rather than allowing the computer to do new things and assumedly have more fun intead.

I was quite dissappointed to go to the trouble of downloading and installing it up, only to discover that it didn't actually add anything significant to the game, beyond having enemies with guns and buggering up my framerate. If nothing else, I would have liked the opportunity to equip myself and my companions with the things, and to be able to do so early enough in the game to be able to build my skill to a usable level by endgame. This, along with the lack of a readme to explain all of this, before I got to download it explains the low rating that I gave this mod.  If you change things, load it up again, and I'll be more than happy to give it a much better rating. To be honest, I think that you've got the beginings of a great mod, with the new guns and troop types, but at the moment I don't really see it adding anything to my enjoyment of the game.

With respect to the smoke, why not just use the default smoke that doesn't hang around for ages, and assumedly doesn't have the same framerate hit? Yes, the other smoke is more "realistic", but given that the only one who appears to be impeded by it is the player, it seems like a moot point. If needs be, you could even upload two item txt files with basic and "smokey" weaponry, and allow the player to choose which to implement (I'm assuming that the default particle smoke is still lying around there somewhere).

With respect to being one shotted by random balls (maybe I just have bad luck?), and balancing it all, I'd suggest that you base the damage and stats of those for the crossbows and deviate from there. Up the damage and reduce the reload speed, while dropping the acuracy slightly in order to achieve the effect you want. Personally, I would say that an accuracy of around 85 is low enough, with the additional variance coming from the skill level of the troops themselves. I recognise it is supposed to be harder, but doing it this way will also make it more predictable and easier for you to judge the end result, because you already know what xbowmen are like.

For the short range, high damage weapons, like the slugshot, I'd also suggest reducing the velocity of the rounds to about 70 as this will greatly reduce their effective ranges, as indicated in their descriptions. Just to mix it up, you could also consider making a weapon that does blunt damage (not "realistic", but maybe it shoots sand?)

I'll certainly keep an eye on how this mod develops and look forward to being able to give it a better rating soon!  :smile:
  15. Wraithcat

I'm not sure I get the point here.

This mod introduces a lot of guns that the player can't actually access without moding the mod of the mod, and then gets to watch while the invaders use these to bring the FPS to a screeching halt because the smoke hangs around for ever and is a huge drain on the video resources.

And of course, this smoke doesn't actually effect the ability of the people with the guns to identify their targets and oneshot them.

Personally, I'd prefer a mod that actually allowed me to use the guns, and didn't bring my machine to a crashing halt.
  16. Wraithcat

Star Wars Conquest Mod for M&B 1.x and M&B Warband

I've just started playing this mod again after a break from M&B since October.

Its looking good, but what is the go with the overland map? It refuses to centre on my party and makes travel really painful.
  17. Wraithcat

Disabling Hero Interaction?

Ahh!!

Ironically, I now realise that I actuall had already disabled the NPC interaction from this step.  :roll:

I didn't realise it, as I was still getting the good battle comments and the random *****y out of battle comments. Although the latter don't seem to be enough to drive a party member away.

Thanks for the clarification!
  18. Wraithcat

Unless its there and I didn't see it, this post does not contain the requisite number for this mod...
  19. Wraithcat

It used to be a fairly simple process, but it seems that the changes made in later versions have made it more difficult.

I'm trying to figure it out as well, but haven't yet.
  20. Wraithcat

Archery reticle

I leave it on.

Tried playing without it, but it I reckon it would take years of practice to be acurate without it.
Back
Top Bottom