Search results for query: *

1. [BUGS] Support Thread for v3.9

I'm running into a bug on 3.9.5. where units like Plaguewardens that have both blunt weapons and ranged will not fire their ranged weapons. This also happens on throw weapons, where my CKO have maces and thrown weapons.

They'll default to their blunt weapon, even if I manually reset to "Use weapon at will" and "fire at will". Units will fire maybe once, then swap back to their blunt weapon. No matter how many times I ask units to fire at will, they will swap back to their default blunt weapon

I've tried deleting the PoP folder and downloading a clean version from ModDB and installing it again.

This is off the updated Steam version of the game

The strange part is when I load an older saved file, this doesn't happen
  2. [DOWNLOAD] Prophesy of Pendor [v3.9.5 IS NOW OUT!!!]

Hey, I'm trying the new 3.5 after a bit of a hiatus. A lot of the change seem great but I have one main concern so far

I'm doing the Snake Cult clear out. I'm L17 but specced leadership, and it just seems excessively difficult. I carry companions for party skills, and it's not even a close battle. You're outnumbered 4 to 1 given the reinforcement waves, they spawn behind you unless you stand in the back having a ranged battle, and I tried dragging Empire Armored Xbowmen (they only replace 2-3 party members), and even 3 immortals I snagged, and it wasn't close. There's just too many crossbow bolts to take.

I don't think every cult member should carry crossbows, it just makes it too difficult unless the main character is a one shot archer.
  3. Prophesy of Pendor 4.0 Developer Notes

Just wondering, is everything going to be scaled down to make room for the higher units? Very high stats tend to disproportionately favor ranged units, especially archers, given that at Noldor/player/NPC stat levels, they start one-two shots honor troops. Although I think PoP 3's honor troops are really cool, things like light-medium cavalry and quick fragile heavy melee hitters work great in the lower-stat ranges. At 600 proficiency or something ridiculous, everything that isn't shielded is just going to die in one hit without 90 defense plate armor.
  4. [DOWNLOAD] Prophesy of Pendor [v3.9.5 IS NOW OUT!!!]

Hey, you know the recent patches increased the "courage" of lords that they follow marshals more consistently? Does that not apply to NPC-turned-lords? I tried making Alistair & Roland into lords, and they tend to run off a lot. They'll constantly run off on their own, then run to the nearest castle and respond with "We are too weak to face them in open battle". They also appear to chase random bandit groups even when on follow command, which regular lords do not.

Also wouldn't it make sense for Alistair and Roland to have a small regiment of honor troops since it's their order? The other NPCs I tried often had a few unique troops.
  5. Congrats devs you're featured on RPS

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/09/23/mods-and-ends-prophesy-of-pendor/
  6. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Do kings have...persuasion? I was patrolling around Sarleon and saw a Fierd lord that joined after I turned off Auto-Defections. There's been zero defections since. Don't recall seeing any exile notice. This is a very long time after I turned it off, the Sarleon have the same lord roster for 1k+ days.
  7. WARBAND ONLY - PoP 3.x WARBAND BUG AND SUPPORT THREAD

The kingdom you are trying to be employed with has to be at war. If not, they don't hire you.

8. [DOWNLOAD] Prophesy of Pendor [v3.9.5 IS NOW OUT!!!]

Cool, that would explain why they haven't respawned yet for a while

Outta curiosity, what happened to that feature I remember a few months worth of patches ago, which you could assign de-horsed people to new groups in camp options? Did it bug out the game or something
  9. AI Lord auto-build improvement is broken?

I recall an old thread saying that lords will keep building improvements, as long as the steward has the skills (Basically to train the steward before you hand it off) However, I decided to exile the owner of my first town (I granted it maybe 600+ days ago) and there's still improvements he...
  10. TweakMB (With Fire & Sword support!) [v5.09; updated 12.29.13]

Regarding the Map size, I have it set to 31000 for non-forest maps.

I'm not sure why, but sometimes it seems to work correctly, as in it's a huge square map and everything works great, and sometimes it doesn't.

In the cases it doesn't, it either spawns in a very narrow alley-style map like a long rectangle, or maps where I spawn within arrow distance of enemy troops.
  11. [DOWNLOAD] Prophesy of Pendor [v3.9.5 IS NOW OUT!!!]

Hey, I tried searching for this first, but not sure if I searched right.

I notice when  you ask Guild Masters about the wealth of this town, they give you incorrect rankings for "Most Visited". A lot of them say they're the most visited. Does this have to do something with the increased economy of towns? I have the updated warband version, and latest PoP with august hotfix.

I have tweakmb, but I didn't tweak anything in that regard, only battleground-size and things like that.
  12. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Strange, I had the same problem as Slaide with the supposedly "stable" group. I thought it was the penalties to party size that affected it, since PoP has far larger armies than vanilla. I double checked the companion circle too, everyone with an enemy has at least one friend too. In the end, I stopped fretting over it, as many of the higher companions are improperly stat-ed anyway, with hybrids in skills/combat.

Q1) If i get a castle in the Fierdsvern and then start getting Valkyries, will they stop producing if I get my own kingdom and use the Pendor law? (since I will start getting SIlvermist right?
    They'll keep making Valkyries very slowly, as with any order. However, you can't train any new ones since you have no more access to Fierd nobles

... Oh yeah and those green Fierdsvain are dropping like flies. I can see why no one praises them in the various advice threads. What is strange is that as they kept losing to the blue and tan I kept getting messages that their lords were accused of treason and banished. That couldn't have helped them much. What causes that?
    I'm not sure about that. I've heard from my people on the forums, and I share a similar opinion that Fierdvarns are way too strong. Their lords have far higher renown than other kingdoms, so they typically roll over other kingdoms until the player can field a large enough army to start challenging them. They also pick up momentum, once a marshal cluster engages a Fierdvarn marshal cluster, the Fierdvarn tends to win then take over multiple properties in a single war. I've done something like 5 games with far over 1k days, and Fierdvarn and the Empire has never failed to take over at least 1-2 towns within the first 150 days.

Treason and banishment is the game's way of saying lords have bad relations with the king. After a while, the lords with no properties will bounce from king to king . They typically don't get any property from the new king, so they keep getting banished and exiled. The king with the most land usually gets the most of these straggler lords that keep hopping back and forth.
  13. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Slaide said:
    Small question about companion relations.

I did a 11 companion party with "stable" relations.

And yet after pretty much every battle, Kaverra, Adonja and Ediz where dropping in morale. While Siggy didn't. Sara the Fox and Ansen were in the party.

I fed my army correctly, was not getting excessive deaths, didn't flee from battles. Didn't do anything wrong as far as I know. According to the companion bubble, that party was supposed to be stable.

Got rid of Siggy and Ediz as a test and sure enough within a few days they went back 99 morale.

I am still quite "new" compared to most of you to game mechanics and would like enlightenment.

Those more than 8+ party combinations are technically stable, but the ones with a companion they dislike will always be more unhappy than the others. This will start mattering when you have very large war parties that are hard to please. This affected me when I tried probably the same combination as you. Even with 10 leadership, with big enough armies, the +1 friendship +1 enemy allies will start getting disgruntled.

With a completely stable one (no dislikes),  you'll fine. In fact, I run only six companions. Four party skills NPCs, Sir Jocelyn is the only one capable of training level 30+ units until the player levels up, and one archer to use the unique bows.

In my opinion at least, there's little point of having a ton of companions beyond the party helpers. Honor troops are generally on par with any NPC you can recruit, if not better. Other than archery, try getting your companion stats as high as a knighthood soldier. It's really difficult. You can equip better gear than them, but generally the results aren't going to be much different. Also NPCs take a much bigger chunk of loot than with normal troops (I think one of the old threads said each NPC took 3 shares, each stack of regular soldiers take one)

Also far less headache. You never have to worry about morale with a stable 6-8 NPC configuration. If your main party screen says Average or better, no particular NPC will be angry.

Is there any point to having good relations with bandits and other 'bad guys'?
    Yes. They stop harassing your villagers when you are king. I think one of the mods answered this question in the past, saying they're really good to level up on when you're poor and generally town militia bands and your fellow lords will keep your towns safe. If you want that extra assurance, you have to grind for positive rep, which means helping bandit bands against bigger opponents.

When do the silvermist guys show up? I've met a few in taverns, but that is it.
    You can only train them if you are Pendor culture as an independent, and you need a Qualis gem.

Must you own a town to start/fund a knightly order or is a castle enough?
    Castle is enough, provided you meet the requirements. I think 3 of the orders require you own a specific town (Ethos for those medical-background knights), others require you be part of a particular culture, and others require a Qualis Gem.

14. Wedding Bug

Sigil Runestone said:
    Enable cheats and use ctr-t for True Sight and find the bugger.

Activated it. Did a scroll through around the whole world, still can't find him.

EDIT: WHAT THE SHIZZLE. You know the empty desert land above the Singal lands. He's in the NW most section that's buggy that I had to teleport to
  15. Wedding Bug

I wasn't sure whether to post it here or the native thread, since I never encountered this in vanilla before My character is supposed to marry Lady Bernatys, sister of Baron Leofiric at Kennet Castle (which the Fierds took over despite the quest saying it'll be there). However, Baron Leofiric...
  16. [DOWNLOAD] Prophesy of Pendor [v3.9.5 IS NOW OUT!!!]

Hi, I ran into a particular bug I haven't ran into before in vanilla or PoP.

This is with an updated version of Warband with the newest version of PoP, including the hotfix. I have ~500 renown and when I try to swear fealty to a king, they tell me "I can only accept oaths from those I can trust". I am above 0 rep with each king I try this with, I have no controversy I can see, and I even get an invite from the Ravenstrom king. But if I approach him without the invite, he tells me the same thing. I have also tried not being under mercenary contract and the results are the same.

17. How come salerions were made useless?

Despite having access to Pendor units, I still field Sarleon Halberd troops as a separate troop group to protect my archer line. They work amazingly.
  18. Throwing/1-Hander Items

I posted a minor complaint about a while back, but looks like it wasn't enough of a problem. The native Warband AI regarding throwing weapons isn't very good. This is less of a problem with the vanilla game, as Jarids are stacks of 5. You throw them and they're used up by the time the enemy arrives.

With the 14 stack of Javelins in PoP, you'll often see heroes trying to stab enemies with javelins in melee style, even if you equip them with 1H weapons or spears. I have observed multiple instances of heroes running out of throwing weapons, and actually attempting to punch enemies. On horseback. Rather comical, but pretty useless.

Imo, throwing/1H implementation only "works" in multiplayer or for the player character who wishes to scavenge weapons from the battlefield.
  19. WARBAND - Questions About Tactics, Strategy and Overall Gameplay

It's up to if you want to go for whatever you consider a perfect army or you want to go for immersion.

I very much enjoyed the Fierdvarn units and style of fighting, but I was actually a D'Shar merc for the early game (so they wouldn't get overrun, and so I could gain Fierdvarn reputation points by releasing them after battle), so when I was at war with Fierdvarn I'll recruit from any village I could get my hands on, including prisoners, but try to keep in the spirit of the Fierdvarn charging melee style.
  20. Making nations last longer...

I've played maybe 4-5 games over 1000 days now

Every single game, Empire and Fierdvarn get at least one extra town and 3 castles, sometimes two towns within 150 days, unless I interfere with unique spawn baiting.

Sarleons and D'Shar are always punching bags in every game, barring any very unlucky double-team wars on Fierdvarn and Empire. I find that I always  have to merc up with Sarleons and D'Shar to hold off Fierdvarn and Empire if I want a more balanced game when I decide to vassal/king up.

Back
Top Bottom