Search results for query: *

1. Fine way to get a castle without looses (trick - but not cheat)

i play this game for some time per year (only one game I play) since 3 or 4 years - so my version is 3.411 :smile:. As i remember i started my campaign in 2010 :smile:

Noldors are useful - but this is not the point - the point is that if we will organize our army to use "best archers" that are possible and best warriors - and we will lower number of troops that can be deployed in battle - quality of our army will top over enemy - so we will be able to defeat enemy - as also "our" person will be more important.

Of course i use best armor and weapons - like my companions (for me for example -  lordly ebony platemail, saphire rune two-handed sword - so i can almost every enemy - even best armoured - with one hit, etc. also my companions look like tanks )

2. Fine way to get a castle without looses (trick - but not cheat)

I dont remember my difficulty - but its normal or some above. I just found great way to capture a castle. First of all - i used "easter egg" with salt - so yes - i got some noldors in my army (30) . And i have some big renown that allows me to have around 250 troops. I also decreased number...
  3. marshal or no marshal?

As i just found - maybe im mistaken:

a) lord how was appointed a marshal get new soldiers very quick - so it could be useful to appoint some vasal as marshal as he will increase his army fast.

b) for longer period - its not good to have some other marshal - as he will start some campaign for sure and we will have to follow his ideas - which would be rather not according our ideas how our kingdom should expand.

c) to take marshalship on our own is quite useful - as i dont see chance to conquer castles and cities without other armies (of course except "lucky" situations when we will attack some city/ castle that was besieged by some our neigbour and lost most of soldiers)

d) having no marshal is best if we want avoid some unwanted campaigns and if we are affraid of controversy (but controversy could be rather easily decreased by victorious battles etc so its not very dangerous).
  4. Vasals and armies - how to increase numbers

I played M&B long time ago - my last save was from february 2012 - but i found that it was fine game and nothing better appeared during this time. But i forgot a lot of things. I captured Laria and Seven Cross castle - but i dont exactly remember details of management. I have to vasals - Sir...
  5. Managing cities on our own

Levon: yes - just correct.

MadVader: so my vassal will not expand the city? i have to do it?

Or? Because after Levon's answer i rather understand that they do - but not in best way??

And anyway - do new units (new soldiers) come in some different speed when we control city? or it has no impact?
  6. Managing cities on our own

Can anybody remind me - what are advantages and disadvantages of managing cities on our own? I mean to be a ruler of town (not to "mangage" garrison).
  7. marshal or no marshal?

thanks for help :smile:
  8. marshal or no marshal?

1) To be a marshal means that i can get controversy from every loose. But i can control all vasals. 2) To appoint somebody as marshal - cannot get controversy - but i cannot make bigger military campaigns (i depend on my marshal and his ideas) 3) as i understand - to have no marshal is...
  9. marshalship, controversy etc

Sorry - i just didnt play some months and i just forgot... I stopped my game in moment when i started building my kingdom and found "new" feature - "controversy".. I remember that i learned then that to lower controversy we should not attack our other kingdoms and we shouldnt do "bad" things...
  10. Does order knights come to our army automatically?

Im not sure - i just saw that 3 clarion order knights appeared in Laria. Does it mean that order knights can just appear in our cities? Anyway - if we are spending prestige points to upgrade our Pendor knights - does it mean that our renown is decreasing? Renown is valuable to have bigger...
  11. some questions...

im on 32 level now in PoP. I think that its not wise to start vanilla now... :grin:
  12. some questions...

hello. i have some questios regarding my last game: A) how to get "Friends" - what is the gain from them - i mean what can we get from friends... :D b) should i marry? :D i understand that we can marry. should i try to get some woman? (very realistic questions anyway...) weapons mastery - if...
  13. Why do people enjoy this so much?

sher said:
    arthasess said:
    So yeah i just cant really get into the mod. Dont know why, gussing it gets better in the long run?
    Well why do people seem to love it so much? No this is not  hate post....

It's because of the version for the original game I think. That was awesome mod that captivated you very fast. Warband is bad but with this mod it's playable at least. But it has no that "what an awesome game" feeling anymore. It's because of changed battle mechanics I think and poor game design in some aspects. It has flaws now but has some new cool features as well. Swinging sword from the horseback gives some brutal feeling, better group management and really good tactical AI. Strategic AI was also improved but I can't say that it was good for the game overall.

But improved tactical AI is really good.

i dont understand - i played original game as i remember 2 years ago. Now i have great hardware, so i could on all graphic options etc - and now game is really great - but i really forgot some details from original. What was the changes from original to current version that may result in such opinion? I suppose that i saw some minor changes and now it's harder to good hit by sword from horse when we are running at full speed and also it's hard to use 2-handed sword in battle when we have no much place for swinging. but im not sure if my thoughts are truth
  14. Capturing castles/ cities

AxeMaster3 said:
    It wouldn't have worked on 7 cross. It was your first and you need a place for your kingdom to be born. I take the center then run back to the minister to claim it for myself to get the extra garrison. The center has to be awarded to someone. If its you, you can collect rents or add a garrison, or tell the sential to recruit from villages. The recruit from villages option will last for 30 days and add to your garrison every day during that period. 1 or 2 recruits will pop up at midnight.

So in case i wont get leadership of castle/ city - garnison will be rectuited automatically? If i will get leadership - will i get better soldiers or only these Pendor recruits?
  15. Capturing castles/ cities

AxeMaster3 said:
    When you take the castle for your self, You have to stock the garrison. That close to jatu land you should be able to rescue a garrison. Jatu carry alot of prisoners. When you wait to defer it to a vassel you get an automatic garrison to cover the time period for you to go back and award it to one of your vassels. You also get a small garrison if you award it right away to a vassel. But when you do that it gives that vassel all the acompanying villages too. Which is not a bad thing because the more fiefs a vassel has, the more troops they field. So if you want the property, its best to hold off awarding it till you get back to your minister then award it to your self. You didnt get the option the first time because its your first property. You need somewhere to establish your kingdom. Thats automatic. If you chose a prominant citizen for a minister, the only option you get is to change the color of your kingdom, you have to appoint a companion or your wife to have the option to give fiefs. LONG LIVE THE KING! lol  :razz:

ok. i understand.

so this is best when i will put castle/ city on "waiting for vassal" option - so it will get auto garrison. Then - when i will be speaking with my minister - i will be able to take it for myself (but in such situation i will get it with this garrison)

what will happen when i will stay with this option? So if i wont get it for me? New soldiers will come to garrision every week? Will i get money from such city? Or not?

Unfortunatelly, i didnt now about it when i took Seven Cross, and now it's too late to start campaign from this moment... :sad:
  16. Capturing castles/ cities

I captured my first castle. Ravenstein took it from Empire (Seven Cross) and there was very small number of defenders (around 100) so i attacked it. I attacked 3 times, i ran to walls with my great saphire sword and tried to kill as many good defenders as i coould, then when i was knocked down...
  17. WARBAND ONLY - PoP 3.x WARBAND BUG AND SUPPORT THREAD

i dont understand - i made all changes, lowered stats, changed that file, updated last patch etc - but game still crashes. i played 2 days in base version and didnt get any crash during that time.

I suppose that now mod is too buggied to be played really comfortably... :sad:

It's sad as i liked this mod very much on normal M&B and played it many days - but now this is massacre :sad:

18. M&B ONLY -Prophesy of Pendor 3.x FOR M&B V 1.011 - Consolidated Bug Reports

I updated - and could talk with elders, anyway - i get "microsoft runtime library C++ errror" very, very very often (1/3 battles in the end, 1/3 encounters with enemy warbands). i didnt have any problems in the normal game. what could be the reason?
  19. M&B ONLY -Prophesy of Pendor 3.x FOR M&B V 1.011 - Consolidated Bug Reports

i cannot find it - i see 2 download links - one to main mod and second to some patch to 3.05 or something like that. i didnt installed it. is this that patch?
Back
Top Bottom