Search results for query: *

1. Lost key from pre-esellerate era

Ok, nevermind, I found a text file where I saved it tucked away on my C drive
    Just out of interest, and in case someone else comes across this problem, is there a way for someone like me, who isn't in the system, to retreive their key?
    Thanks
  2. Lost key from pre-esellerate era

As I said, I did not go through the current purchase system, so none of my email addresses are on the system.
    This was back when we sent a paypal transaction to armagam personally, and it was so long ago that paypal no longer has it on record and it's gone from my email account.
  3. Lost key from pre-esellerate era

Hi I bought M&B ages ago when it was still in beta stages, and therefore have not been through the current purchase system, is there anyway to retrieve my key since I can't find the email with it on anywhere? Thanks
  4. After Action Report

I think that the give/take a castle once a week is a good idea (will avoid giving your troops to a lord on the day their wages are due)
    But you should be able to requisition troops from your lords for your needs at a moments notice. Go talk to them, and like for the patrols (i want to give you more men) change it to  I want to take some men
  5. After Action Report

Ah, so you haven't taken on the Imperials yet?
    good luck :razz:
  6. After Action Report

No shields?!
    Man, you're braver than I am, I only go without a shield myself because I can avoid the javelins mostly, but your troops will just get cut down by them. And if not, a lot of damage before they get into combat.

Incidentally, the best people for prisoners are, surprisingly, The imperials. It definitely made up for the lack of loot, although you had to make sure you had enough space in your party. I always found that they had a good few hundred prisoners in most castles/cities and the parties often had quite a few too. One thing that is fairly lucrative is to find a party that's been in combat recently, so is between 25 - 50 men, with lots of prisoners, and then go in with a blunt weapon if you can and knock them all out, take the prisoners for your troops and take all their troops prisoner. You can then recruit them later (although make sure you don't have any troops with you and make sure you put your imperial troops into a castle quickly, so they don't abandon for low morale, then go and kill some looter parties on your own). I find if you only have one type of troop (I normally took principes, since they were the most abundant) they are more likely to "convert" to your side, brilliant once they're upgraded and you have about 400 triarii guarding your front line castle :razz:

From what I've seen from these reports, I can't wait to try out v4 properly, I've given the beta a go, but not for very long, since I've got coursework :sad:
  7. SWORD OF DAMOCLES - GOLD - V4.5 BETA DOWNLOAD

kcac, may I point you to this thread http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,54436.0.html on the forum.
  8. SWORD OF DAMOCLES - GOLD - V4.5 BETA DOWNLOAD

Man, that vonmistont is always trying to give us viruses, such a joker, altho he (you are a he right, I didn't just put my foot in it did I?) said once that it's all part of the grand plan to take over the worlds computers.

But seriously, sometimes virus checkers bring up false positives, for example, stardock (anti copy protection program) managed to bring up some false positives in many virus checkers (altho I think alot of those were well founded, but lets not go there) but is a bona-fide (well, maybe not) program employed by the publishers to protect their investment in the games.

If you've dl'd it from M&B repository, more than likely it's ok, since I'm sure vonmistont want's people to download the mod.

If you're still a bit paranoid, try this http://virusscan.jotti.org/ - simply point the site to where the installer is stored on your PC and it'll upload and scan it with many virus scanning programs. If a lot of them come up with a warning, then maybe vonmistont is trying to take over the world with a vicious worm or the like. If only a couple of them say something however, it's more than likely a false positive.

I would do it for you, but since the v4 installer comes in at over 80mb, I don't want to sit around forever uploading it.
    Have fun :smile:
  9. After Action Report

Haha, probably crapping himself a bit then.
    I wish the SPQR lords would join you when you defeat them, those that like you (cos you released them at least a dozen times) and bolster your army a bit :razz:
    I do think it might be nice to see some names for the centurions, just having centurion after centurion is a bit dull after a while. Maybe make a new centurion troop (possibly a "secondary" hero a bit like companions) and then have Centurion Jack as the leader (altho obviously better names). Altho this is probably better in the suggestions bit, sorry.
  10. After Action Report

@ Jasonx

I did wonder about half way through the invasion "crap, I've gotta do this again when I get v4" :razz:
  11. After Action Report

Didn't create any patrols, the Imperials and the Swadians never bothered with my villages and I figured that concentrating the troops in the castle/town would be better than having a few smaller patrols out and about that would be beaten more easily. I had most of my troops in the front line settlements while I left my flank and rear for my lords to guard, which they did a fairly good job of.

Thanks for the compliments, maybe I should have done more English at school, stopped at GCSE :razz:

It's damned difficult to beat the invasion, it really takes time and a set strategy. They are so aggressive it's not true, I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw almost all the Rodock faction gone after not very much time, you can't leave your settlements for very long to get any more money or anything, you have to stockpile everything you need before you get involved. You've done a brilliant job with this mod and hopefully there will be many other stories to read.
  12. After Action Report

The invasion started in the very corner of the Nord Empire, away from the mainland so to speak, separated from us by 2 bridges. While half of their considerable force attacked the villages and Chalbek Castle, I got caught up in the siege for Curin Castle (having just completed a deliver letter quest where I had been set upon by a mass of sea raider, myself and a small band of troops were resting in the barracks). It was a desperate battle with only a few hundred Nord troops (and my small party) defending against several thousand Imperial troops. However we managed to stave off attack after attack until finally there were 50 of us left. My gallant elite band of troops had all finally fallen to the Imperial hoard so it was just me and the Nord warriors who had survived. This final attack was devastating to the Nord forces, all but myself and one lucky Nord warrior fell to the enemy troops, having retreated all the way up to the top of the keep and killing man after man after man until they retreated to regroup. Unfortunately, the death of so many of his comrades caused the remaining Nord warrior to dive off the top of the keep to his death (no joke). I took this chance and ran like hell to Thir, where I quickly hired some more troops, got some more supplies and ran all the way back to Curaw.

I had initially taken Curaw after one of the Vaegir lords insulted me, so that became my base of operations, I built up a small 300 man army to defend but otherwise kept to myself. (They asked for peace pretty quickly after I started to besiege Ismirala castle)
    I managed to build up a massive army, was spending about 30k per month on them all in the end. I went around doing quests for the various lords who weren't involved in the combat in the south getting money and stockpiles of food and equipment which I intended to use on my companions, in the end, I never had time to train or the space in my party for them.

Meanwhile the Rhodoks were being thoroughly trounced, having lost all but a castle and Jelkala, the Nords lost about half of their estates, and the Swadians got off fairly lights only losing some of their armies, the Imperials went around them mostly. The Vaegirs, although I despise them, actually did themselves credit by sending some troops to help, but they got cut down just as quickly as the Nords did.
    I decided to finally get involved and avenge the defeat at Curin castle. I slowly picked off the smaller straggling parties one by one capturing almost 32 of the enemy centurions (and keeping them in the Curaw dungeon, where they rot to this day) - when I normally play, I can usually unleash a devastating attack on any faction foolish enough to attack me or the faction I am allied with, so I normally let people go as they can't raise a significant force in time to bother me and it gets me honour and good ratings with them.

I slowly worked my way through the centurions until I had a large enough army (from all the prisoners the imperials had taken, plus a few hundred triarii I managed to "convince" to come over to my side) to take Veluca back and worked my way down from there. About half way through my rampage, when I got to Grunwalder castle, I happened to notice Legate Gaius Marius trying to run away from my larger party, so I chased him down (being an all mounted army is good for this) and managed to capture him! Kept him in Curaw too :razz:
    Meanwhile the Swadians were the target of the current war efforts of the Imperials, however they didn't seem to like how much power I was getting (Nord, Vaegir and Rhodok were all at 100 relation with me - having saved half of them quite a few times and rescued a few too) so declared war on me. I tried to ignore them so that they would be able to help against the imperials, being the only real power left since the Kergit had made peace and were attacking the remains of the once grand Vaegir army.
    I couldn't quite ignore the Swadians totally though, since they sieged my castles a few times, so I had to bring in a few lords and get them to garrison the castles. Would have preferred to have their armies with me during some of the larger sieges, but oh well.

I finally managed to get the Imperials down to Tihr, Hrus castle, Curin castle and Chalbek Castle. At this point there were so many Centurion parties hold up in each settlement the sieges were getting very hard, since they ended up with more troops in the castles than I could field at any one time. I decided that I should take back Curin castle with an all Nord force, to take revenge for the earlier defeat (at this point I could field a full army of any faction - apart from Kergit, who kept well out of the fighting (wusses), I mean even the Vaegirs sent in some armies to help, not that it did much, they all ended up getting captured and killed).
    It was an epic battle, right at the beginning, in typical fashion, my Nord Huscarls raced up the siege tower before me and alot got cut down by the 10 or so centurions that were waiting at the top, so I quickly sent some arrows their way. After we finally managed to kill the main force we had to clear out the keep, this was no mean feat however as I never usually take a shield, favouring two bags of arrows instead, I got 2 or 3 javelins stuck in me, that hurt a lot and I had to leave the fighting to my Huscarls, who did an admirable job, but were defeated by the superior Triarii, so it was a close call but I managed to finish them off thanks to my good skill with a bow. I left a good portion of my wounded and injured forces in the castle and went back to my cities to reinforce my army. I then moved on and took Hrus and Tihr, these weren't so hard since most of the centurions had fallen back to Chalbek castle. When it finally came time to take Chalbek, the remaining imperial forces were all there, I had just over 4000 renown so could only take 325 soldiers with me and they had a good 600 garrisoning the castle.
    I decided I would really need some help for this so tried to convince the battle weary Nords and the Tattered remains of the Rhodoks to come with me, to no avail, as ever they wouldn't come with me. So I hung around outside the castle, trying to coax some of the parties to run after me, when they didn't I just went in and sieged the castle with the intent of starving them out. While waiting to build a tower the two larger parties (each around 150 troops) decided to attack me one by one, so I managed to fairly easily remove around 300 enemy from the final siege, so I thought I may as well finish it, as the Swadians were really starting to annoy me by sieging all my castles. Fortunately my Lords were holding them off, but I knew it wouldn't last for long.

I went in against them with 250 odd men; I came out with 25 standing and 15 wounded. Those Principes are right arses to kill, their javelins really cut through my toops shields and their shields take so many arrows it's not worth it. I did, however manage to claim the 280 soldiers I lost from the prisoners, and a further 50 Principes from the prisoners I took who converted to my side.

There were the odd one or two Centurion parties left, but they were no more than 50 man parties and with nowhere to hide I quickly hunted them down and destroyed them. To this day, I am trying to maintain the peace, the Rhodoks are slowly recovering, although they  were crippled by the invasion, the Nords have rebuilt and rearmed, but the Kergits are still battering the Vaegir armies. If it wasn't for the Swadians I would help the Vaegir, but my battle weary troops, and my wallet, are not up for two front lines. However, I still haven't got the screen saying that the Imperial Expedition Force has been eliminated, so I still believe there may be a small band of Imperials out there somewhere...

Thanks for reading, and thank you for one of the best mods for M&B 1.011 so far. I await the completed v4 with baited breath.
  13. SP Native Extended Caladria Mod (for 1.0) Poll Added

So I think I found the hero
    Is it Artimenner the Doom? And also he's missing the black armour on his torso?
    Hmm... also found that upgrading merc cav to the black merc will get me a hero troop who can give me black armour, but won't regen it himself, so I have to give him some other form of armour
  14. A Lot More Arrows & Javelins Mod! For 1.0 >< Poll Added

Maybe 500 is a bit much, but I do think the quiver should be bigger
    As an archer character you have a few choices:
    a) take 3 bags of arrows but have no melee capability bar your fists, and hope your heroes/army can protect you (hah)
    b) take 2 bags, which is a decent amount for everything bar sieges and have a melee weapon, but no shield
    c) take 1 bag which is not really enough for anything but a few pot shots before entering melee combat, this does enable you to have a shield and a melee weapon however.
    If the quiver was more... say 70 arrows, then C is a viable option and an archer can protect themselves better when it all goes tits up
  15. SP Native Extended Caladria Mod (for 1.0) Poll Added

This new guy with black amour, does he roam the map or is in in a tavern?
    Also, when does he spawn roughly, I've been in game for a couple of days and can't find him at all.

Oh an also, just noticed, how come the assassin is part of the steppe bandit parties and not a prisoner?
  16. wooden weapons for practice?

In response to your original question, wouldn't it just be a matter of replacing the texture with a custom made one that looks like wood (you could almost modify the current one to have a grain on it)
    I'm not entirely sure, but I think that's how you'd go about doing it.
  17. Are the version 1 downloads that are available legal?

The one on gamersgate you have to pay for to download, and yes it's legal
    The others you might see, I'm not 100% about, if you have a key they it may be legal, but the fact that it has stuff to get around needing a key to play is possibly illegal

tsk, no details please.
  18. How do I get all the lords into the game at once?

Is this right at the beginning of the game?
    They seems to take a few days to all appear in game. Not sure why, but it seems to be the way it works.

Off topic, kinda, but when you're given a task to track down a lord, no one seems to know where they are :razz:
  19. Democracy? please see inside.

It's not currently a feature of native as far as I know
    And I don't know if they'd put any major changes like that in, since that would presumably need some big politics system put in.
    Altho someone might be able to mod this in (ie, edit the current marshall stuff) but it may be difficult to get it to change all references to a king to the new king.
  20. Death Note?

Markus II said:
    And that's... good?

Personally, I don't think this would be so good, for a few reasons
    A) You can't kill lords, which is probably where this would be better aimed at (unless it automatically "defeats" their party, now that WOULD be useful, but make things a little too easy, there would have to be a really really hard and long quest to get this death note)
    B) Killing individual troops with this is pointless

When I read the title I thought that maybe you meant either
    An expansion on the "get ambushed by bandits trying to assassinate you" thing. IE you find this note on one of the bandits and it has your name and a whole load of other names (maybe your current companions or companions that are around the map still) and you can either fulfill the assassinations yourself (bar you of course) - having to beat off the competition as you go and working out who issued the order and go collect the reward, OR you go and defeat all the bounty hunters and save everyone on the list, therefore recruiting them as NON WHINING heroes (you did save their life after all) and in the process interrogating one of the bounty hunters, finding out who issued the order and going and killing them.
    Or some sort of black spot (like with pirates) which someone issued, similar to the assassination idea, but they are only targeting you and you have to ride out on your own (or with a few trusted companions) and find the people responsible and kill them.
Back
Top Bottom