Search results for query: *

• Users: Arn
  • Order by date
  1. Arn

menu screen

It's the one called "bg2.dds" (the parchment-like background). I suggest you just copy it first before you replace it, in case I didn't understand your question correctly :wink:
  2. Arn

Get an error for the helm I wish to add to the game.

Right, I've had that error message myself. Here are some things to check:

1. I suppose you used the item editor to add the mesh to the helm. So, open item editor and find your helm, now check the spelling in the field "mesh name". Make sure that you spelled the mesh name in exactly the same way as your .brf file. It takes into account lower and uppercase letters.

2. Open up your module.ini in your modules folder. Search for a line where it says load_mod_resource = name_of_your_mesh. If you can't find that line, add it in the bottom of the file.

3. Open the item_kinds1.txt file and scroll all the way down. Look for the name of your mesh (it should be in the last few lines, provided that you haven't added any other items to the game earlier). If you can't find your mesh somewhere, you must have done something wrong when you were fiddling with the item editor.

Hope that helps!
  3. Arn

Official 3D art thread - Warband

Sweet texture on the lamellar armour. Don't really fancy the green clothes, but the armour is spectacular :smile: Also like the headwrapping thing (is it a turban?).
  4. Arn

Kristi's Fantabulous Wish List for Mount and Blade.

Lord Shields said:
    I like the thought... I think travel would be a PAIN (and take FOREVER). Now with that said... it's very much possible but yes, would require a lot of coding work. I think there's also a very BAD interpretation on copyright. Just because a game has a seamless world, doesn't mean another can't. Lotro for example... also have a world that you can travel between with little need to "zone". Star Wars Galaxies was the same way. That's not a function that can be claimed as "copyright" material.

So do-able yes... functional yes... likely... probably not. At least how the game mechanics are now... it would require a lot of tweaking and complete uphauling.

Ah, if you're referring to me, that's not quite what I meant. By "can a person take another games resources like the world of Talen from Vanguard and mesh it with M&B", I understood that the OP wanted to directly transfer resources; models, textures etc.
  5. Arn

Kristi's Fantabulous Wish List for Mount and Blade.

Is it possible to take another game's resources and mesh it with M&B? No, that wouldn't be feasible. Not least because of copyright infringements.

That said, what you imagine isn't totally far-fetched and some modders have in fact experimented with it. You can have a look at this thread if you like: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,30204.0.html
    That guy posted a demo (a proof-of-concept) for v. 0.960. And Mirathei apparently made something similar. Haven't tried it myself, but... Well, read it  :wink:

I personally think it will be too complicated a concept to fully realize, but is it seems possible to an extent. So, yah. Semi-good news for you!
  6. Arn

How to mod Video help

xcskiguy said:
    I would really like to join the modding community, but my windows media player doesn't work for reasons unknown.  I downloaded the How-to videos but they won't play on my computer.  Does anyone know of a website that has these videos uploaded and able to stream?  Or could somebody suggest another free player that these videos will work on?

-Xcskguy

Try downloading the vlc media player and play the videos on that.
  7. Arn

Get Object Failed For Texture: Error

Well, can't say for sure, but Yoshiboy's tutorial points out that when you add a new call to a texture, which will look something like "load_mod_resource = some_texture" you have to add it before the line "load_resource = textures".

Something to check, anyway :neutral:

8. Arn

Official 3D art thread - Warband

Woo, my first sword - and it's in the game!

MBsvantesword.jpg

The sword has 556 tris, so it's a bit on the high side, but still okay. Also has a specular map!

The sword is based on a real sword which was owned by a swede by the name of Svante Nilsson Sture: http://albion-europe.com/the_svante_nilsson_sture_sword-p-45.html?osCsid=27c6aaf8f0fc488468b9ab6295373977

Safe to say, it's one of the most beautiful swords I've ever seen. If only one had 2800 €! :smile:

Thanks to Yoshi and highelf in particular for some good tutorials :3
  9. Arn

What do you want most in the next version? (REDONE!!! PLEASE VOTE AGAIN!!!)

I voted "Fancy shmancy sword skillz(this includes dual wielding and all of that jazz)!" since there wasn't an option for secondary attacks. Don't care too much about dual-wielding, but secondary attacks would be great. :smile:
Back
Top Bottom