Search results for query: *

1. Makememove

SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

Lord Dora said:
    Makememove said:
    Lord Dora said:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0OkYzcTtPk

I hope you like it. If anyone has any suggestions or criticism, please just speak up :smile:
    I do not know why my quality dropped from 1080p to 360p once uploaded, I'm working on that.

Hi Lord Dora,

I watched a part of your first Video, and now I watched a part of this "Manly Longaxe" stuff. Ich like the way you are talking about the game and the fights in particular - its funny and entertaining. And your english is quite good - I even like the very slight accent.

Suggestions:

As some reader before me stated, there is little logic in the stuff you are uploading. For people who don´t know warband, its just an unlogic series of events - party running over map, battle, party running over map, battle and so on. For thoase who know warband: They also know those game elements. I guess they would rather be interested in knowing: Why should I play this mod?

If I were you, I would start with a certain logic to the titles of the videos, like:

Part I: The world of "A Clash of Kings" in Warband.
    Content: You show the map, you show maybe different cities, you show people that are known from the book. What is possible in this mod?

Part II: Getting Started
    Content: Who are you? A small peasant, a knight, anoble, a beggar? What are your goals? What can you reach if you push on? Show us how you transform your party from a small band of ragged peasants to a force of about 20 good fighter and maybe some Companions?

Part III: Companions
    Content. In my opinion companions are one of the key elements in warband. The main reason are that they can play a lot of roles in your party that you can´t  - healer, scout and, most important, additional trainers. Show us your choice of companions and what their skills are. Show us how you equip them and how they perform in battle. Is it usefull to give them all 2H-weapons? When yes, why? (I do that)

Part VI: getting rich
    Content: You have some companions, you have a small warband, now you want to become a real noble: with a small army, maybe some castle etc. And for that you need money! depending on your starting situation, there are different ways to get rich: Will you burn villages? Or trade? Or do quests? Maybe you even change your goal here, seeing, for example, that a life as a merchant is boring and does not bring enough coin, changing to beome a raider?

Part V: politics: Show us the different factions! What are your goals? Do you want to serve a king? Which one, and why? Or is it your destiny to become a robber knight with an own castle or even a city?

Those are just suggestions - there are a million other topics! Name your Videos in a way that everyione understands that they belong together (like part one, part two etc). Find a way to make each video nearly equally long.Before you start making the video, make a short script in which you plan what you want to show us. And now comes the most important part:

CUT YOUR VIDEOS!

Noone wants to see you running over the map for minutes. Cut unimportant parts out! Try to focus on what you really want to show.

I wish you good luck with your videos! Hope those suggestions help a bit!

That's actually brilliant and I would love to try it this way, but do you have suggestions on how to do it? Delete my current videos and just start a new series or just post new part 1 and leave the old ones?

And thanks about my English! As writing and reading English are my strengths, I am really insecure about speaking, so even those slightest comments help me A LOT :smile:

I think in this case I would use the material you have already made, cut it, and upload it anew. You can leave the old videos I think, but they haven´t gone viral yet, so there is no problem in starting anew.
  2. Makememove

Lord Dora said:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0OkYzcTtPk

I hope you like it. If anyone has any suggestions or criticism, please just speak up :smile:
    I do not know why my quality dropped from 1080p to 360p once uploaded, I'm working on that.

Hi Lord Dora,

I watched a part of your first Video, and now I watched a part of this "Manly Longaxe" stuff. Ich like the way you are talking about the game and the fights in particular - its funny and entertaining. And your english is quite good - I even like the very slight accent.

Suggestions:

As some reader before me stated, there is little logic in the stuff you are uploading. For people who don´t know warband, its just an unlogic series of events - party running over map, battle, party running over map, battle and so on. For thoase who know warband: They also know those game elements. I guess they would rather be interested in knowing: Why should I play this mod?

If I were you, I would start with a certain logic to the titles of the videos, like:

Part I: The world of "A Clash of Kings" in Warband.
    Content: You show the map, you show maybe different cities, you show people that are known from the book. What is possible in this mod?

Part II: Getting Started
    Content: Who are you? A small peasant, a knight, anoble, a beggar? What are your goals? What can you reach if you push on? Show us how you transform your party from a small band of ragged peasants to a force of about 20 good fighter and maybe some Companions?

Part III: Companions
    Content. In my opinion companions are one of the key elements in warband. The main reason are that they can play a lot of roles in your party that you can´t  - healer, scout and, most important, additional trainers. Show us your choice of companions and what their skills are. Show us how you equip them and how they perform in battle. Is it usefull to give them all 2H-weapons? When yes, why? (I do that)

Part VI: getting rich
    Content: You have some companions, you have a small warband, now you want to become a real noble: with a small army, maybe some castle etc. And for that you need money! depending on your starting situation, there are different ways to get rich: Will you burn villages? Or trade? Or do quests? Maybe you even change your goal here, seeing, for example, that a life as a merchant is boring and does not bring enough coin, changing to beome a raider?

Part V: politics: Show us the different factions! What are your goals? Do you want to serve a king? Which one, and why? Or is it your destiny to become a robber knight with an own castle or even a city?

Those are just suggestions - there are a million other topics! Name your Videos in a way that everyione understands that they belong together (like part one, part two etc). Find a way to make each video nearly equally long.Before you start making the video, make a short script in which you plan what you want to show us. And now comes the most important part:

CUT YOUR VIDEOS!

Noone wants to see you running over the map for minutes. Cut unimportant parts out! Try to focus on what you really want to show.

I wish you good luck with your videos! Hope those suggestions help a bit!
  3. Makememove

Hi everyone,

one question: What are the strongest units in the game?

In my opinion (Units I got so far):

Archer: Vale Veteran Longbowman
    1h infantry: Bravos Elite Man at arms
    2 H Infantry: Bravos 2H or Ironborn Elite Retainer
    Cavalry: Heavy Westerlands Knight

I realize that all units do not differ so much from each other in terms of skill, but those units I mentioned also had excellent equipment.

What is your opinion?
  4. Makememove

Ser-Volk said:
    Cozur said:
    Nordous said:
    Makememove said:
    FacelessMan29 said:
    Argonian_Hippy said:
    I was watching a YouTube vid for Phantasy Calradia, which had golums in it. They were huge, about twice the size of regular soldiers.

Is there any chance we could see giants in this mod at some stage in the future?

Furthermore, are fatter people possible?  Wylis Manderly and Illyrio are both way too slim for people habitually described as whales, rotting sea cows, and etc.  Manderly should definitely not be campaigning since they do call him "Lord to Fat to Sit a Horse."

He is campaigning in Book 5 I think - so why souldn´t he? But he should be very fat - but I don´t know how easy that is possible. Brytenwalda had fat people in it, but that didn´t look so good. I wouldn´t make such a fuzz about two fat people while there are still many other things to do till this mod is perfect.

Brytenwalda had a fat body model, while here we would need some kind of 'fat armor' model, I guess. So all this will require is just another model. But since Cozur strives to achieve unique outfits for most of key character, I believe he may 'customize' fat characters if he ever sets his mind on them.

Constantly forget to add the fat characters to my, very long, list of to do things. Added it now, shouldn't be too hard to tweaks some models to have a fat stomach for Illyrio and the Manderlys.

You can also try to add the naval warfare of Brytenwalda

PLease don´t add the Naval Warfare of Brytenwalda. It was the worst part of the mod
  5. Makememove

FacelessMan29 said:
    Argonian_Hippy said:
    I was watching a YouTube vid for Phantasy Calradia, which had golums in it. They were huge, about twice the size of regular soldiers.

Is there any chance we could see giants in this mod at some stage in the future?

Furthermore, are fatter people possible?  Wylis Manderly and Illyrio are both way too slim for people habitually described as whales, rotting sea cows, and etc.  Manderly should definitely not be campaigning since they do call him "Lord to Fat to Sit a Horse."

He is campaigning in Book 5 I think - so why souldn´t he? But he should be very fat - but I don´t know how easy that is possible. Brytenwalda had fat people in it, but that didn´t look so good. I wouldn´t make such a fuzz about two fat people while there are still many other things to do till this mod is perfect.
  6. Makememove

HarbingerOfDoom said:
    Would it be possible to put in proper pike animations like other mods have? Like holding the pike up in two hands when standing still, overhead stab etc.

Please not. The other animations are horrible and don´t fit  - fighting doesn´t feel real afterwards.#
  7. Makememove

Backstay said:
    Cozur said:
    Circinae said:
    What's with those mushrooms? I ate one and it said I had gotten diarrhea. And now I have -1 to Agility. Really annoyed by this, when does it pass?

Never. Sort of surprised that you didn't know about eating mushrooms you found on the ground already. Figured it was one of those things everyone knew.
    I haven't tried eating one yet. I figured it would go wrong. What will happen if I give it to my men? Will they lose 1 Agility as well?

No but they will hate you.
  8. Makememove

UnclePutte said:
    Tyroshi mounted archers seem to have forgotten their bows at all tiers, and the Tyroshi voulgemen are still unavailable to players.

Also, the pirate swordsmen and pirate captains are still effectively level 1, meaning they yield only 24 xp per kill, which renders them useless.

Regardless, great work this far, I love the mod!  :oops:

Why don´t you just kill more of them?  :twisted:
  9. Makememove

Cozur said:
    Makememove said:
    Argonian_Hippy said:
    Bridges are the first thing to go in warfare.

Might be, but its quite annoying to have to walk such long distances between  the cities. My solution: Make it possible to cross the Blackwater bay by ship and make the ships in these areas way slower  instead.

How do I do that?

I am not really sure, it was just a suggestion. I remember Brytenwalda having a model where crossing the ocean is possible with relatively slow ships. But it is also possible to buy an own ship and sail much faster. Wouldn´t that be a solution - one that makes the lighthouses that show where it is possible to land much more meaningful?
  10. Makememove

Argonian_Hippy said:
    Bridges are the first thing to go in warfare.

Might be, but its quite annoying to have to walk such long distances between  the cities. My solution: Make it possible to cross the Blackwater bay by ship and make the ships in these areas way slower  instead.
  11. Makememove

Enzos said:
    Argonian_Hippy said:
    That being said it's not exactly canon that House Dorne join the war on their side. We'll have to see what the next book says about the whole affair :smile:

Perhaps all the houses will forget about their lil' war and and gang up to march north and reinforce the Nights Watch. :razz: Dragonglass is only found under Dragonstone and since Daenerys holds it the story will likely bring her north. well eventually.. :razz:

Really? I always thought Dragonstone was held by Prince Valiant and King Arthurs round table. Seems I was wrong.
  12. Makememove

pigon said:
    I think I found a team of companions with only good relationships. I just finished my tests, and after several battles I did not see any conflict at all.

(price)
    yohnas (0)
    graznon (500)
    gyrnir (0)
    bilaquo (400)
    serol (900)
    jaspers (1500)
    felton (1200)
    kanut (1500)
    kanosos (2500)
    garret (600)
    claviss (1500)
    matrim (3000)
    alexos (300)
    Poor Allen, those knight bastards didn't want you at all :sad:

Relations found so far, FYI :

maron / colin
    berengar / jasper
    alexos / maron
    felton / jasper
    bilaquo / gyrnir
    graznon / bilaquo
    kanosos / bilaquo
    allen / maron
    clavis / drollo
    drollo / matrim
    matrim /clavis
    garrett / matrim
    jasper / kanut
    kanut / allen
    serol/ kanosos
    yohnas / alen
    martin / halbert
    bryden / maron
    gyrnir / matrim

DISLIKE

felton / bryden
    jasper / martyn
    gyrnir / colin
    berengar / gyrnir
    bryden / alexos
    arratos / jasper
    graznon / arratos
    clavis / colin
    kanosos / drolo
    kanut / maron
    halbert / serol
    allen / kanut
    yohnas / drollo

--------
    Tell me if you ever have problems with them so I can edit my mistakes.
    I have not tested it but I guess the rest will go well together

I´m having a bit of a problem with the choosing of my companions so far. The sheet above seems to be right so far, I chose the suggested party and its working. One little issue: Garrit seems to like matrim, but  Matrim hates Garret - he thinks Garret is a robber and a poucher with his bow :wink:

Has anyone ever made a real companion sheet for Clash of Kings? Not a list, but a scheme that shows all the companions?

@Cozur: I find the companion system ridicolous; but I see that this is not a ASOIAF problem, but a warband problem. Wouldn´t it be better to stop the companions bickering and instead allow only a limited number of companions as you see fit for the difficulty of the game?
  13. Makememove

DEATH TO KERGITS said:
    Ithilien5 said:
    Not sure if that was supposed to be a insult towards me but if it was i suggest you would practice on it. And posting anything about my mom just shows what an immature kid you really are  :wink:

Yeah that stuff from Bruno was stupid.

As for our earlier discussion: Mace Tyrell would do a lot better than he did in the poll, but you know who's really going to win? Doran Martell.

Are you sure? Doran Martell ist dead, and the reason for that is his stupid arrogance. Tywin Lannister would let him sting, and then he would coldbloodedly kill him. Or, even more likely, he would watch while someone else would kill him.
  14. Makememove

Cozur said:
    bilwit said:
    And to justify this post: since it is now the weekend, I promise to load up on energy drinks and get at least three new and shiney skins done :mrgreen:

I promise to go through all the current items and make them more expensive! Been meaning to do it for ages.

@ Cozur: Are you really sure that they should be more expensive? Problem is, when you compare costs for feeding and paying an army, and the cost for armour (and you need at least 5-10 high-class armours for yourself and your Companions), than the armour is ridicolously expensive.

I would suggest to leave the cost of the armours at the current level, and significantly highering the cost to hold an army (esspecially the cost of cavalry ist very low). The army could be made way cheaper when they are stationed at a castle.
  15. Makememove

ThaneWulfgharn said:
    WilltheGamer said:
    Dont mean to spam or anything but I find your signature insulting in this time of mourning. :razz:
    I found this on the internet and liked it, but I think I'm going to need a new one. With some cool quote.

Anyway, you should see Roose in a wider point of view. His betrayal to Robb isn't really such a big deal,in the end, it's Frey who breaks the guest right.
    Roose is simply someone who hates being ignored and treated like a fool, remember he told Walder he wouldn't have betrayed Robb if not for Robb's arrogance. In the books, however, there is no such line, and I always saw Roose's betrayal concerning Rickard Karstark's murder. Stark and Karstark are kin, in short words, Robb became a kinslayer. Even I would balk at his act, even though it was somehow just.
    And you should also see Lord Bolton as a sad man... He had a wife and a son. His bastard murdered his natural son, Domeric, who, according to what we read, was a True Knight and a nobleman. His wife died of sickness. His natural son is a psychopath that may or may not kill him, depending on how Ramsay wakes in the morning. And then he's given this choice by Lord Tywin, either betray Robb, either die or end up in jail. If you betray him, I make you Warden of the North. And he can't tell that to Robb because Robb would have lost the war either ways as fighting vs. Greyjoy-Lannister-Tyrell-Frey alliance with only half of the northmen at his side would be suicide. Only Walder had an army at Robb's size.

Not to be harsh on you or other Stark-disappointed-fans, but seriously, what would you do in Roose Bolton's stead?

The Boltons are a bunch of SICKOS! Its not only that crazy Ramsay ist a psychpath, Roose is also a strange man. In the book, it is often mentioned (I think its the Reek chapters) that the person that really needs to be feared is not Ramsay, but Roose Bolton. Ramsay is a dumb, cruel and wicked man who would not survive for long without his powerfull father. Roose on the other hand is calculating and smart: He is only interested in power; he doesnßt really care where his power depends on.

I agree that the Starks are a bunch of righteous, arrogant fools, but at least they have morals (for all the good that this brought them :wink:  )  Roose ist, like Tywin, just interested in power.
  16. Makememove

Kova031 said:
    ThegnAnsgar said:
    I suppose the only option I can do is lower my graphics then, given that the second and third suggestions I've always done while playing warband, and I have a legitimate copy of the game on Steam.

Though I don't see how a Radeon 7870 HD wouldn't be able handle it graphically. But hopefully it'll be fixed, because I enjoy playing the mod, but having it crash at random times is making it hard to do a proper playthrough, though I suppose I should start getting into the habit of saving after every action.

M&B is very demanding, I have the AMD Radeon HD 6700 series card and my M&B settings are all low with maybe one medium (except I put the battle size to max 250 units or something, and corpses to max and blood effects near player). My game performance as shown in the in game options is at 52% and the game runs very smoothly.

The game performance shown in the options menu seems to be a load of crap to me. I had it at 90%, when I lower the grafiks it is at least at 120%, but the performance problems stay the same: when I field more than 250 soldiers, it starts stuttering very badly.
  17. Makememove

Hi Cozur,
    I saw that system specs of your computer.
    I have a pretty powerfull machine:

i5 @3.2 Ghz
    16 GB Ram
    Geforce GTX 660 Ti
    SSD

and I still can´t play the game with more than 250 soldiers on the screen. When I go above that number, it starts stuttering badly. Is there any way to solve that? I would love to have really huge battles with a 1000 combatants.
  18. Makememove

Thor Head said:
    This is definitely the best mod yet.

Just a couple of bugs I've found.  I'm having big problems with The Unsullied in this version.  I selected the best of their weapons and armor but they persist in going into battle in their basic red jerkins and unarmed.  They just rush into battle swinging their fists.  Not only that, but several of the better weapon and armor options I chose for them were no longer available from their inventory next time I checked. 

Also, I bought  a brewery from the Guildmaster in Storm Haven and after more than a month of play time the revenues are still not showing up in my financial report.

Might be you m,ade the same mistake I did: The gear you want those Unsullied to wear goes into the slots on the LEFT side - they choose from the gear they find there. My problem is, I put it in the middle, and now the gear is gone and my Unsullied have to fight with the crappy stuff they have left.

Dammit. But slave soldiers suck anyway - I love those Westeroosi steel knights though.

One question: Is it intended that it is harder for the North to train Knights? (one more rank compared to other kingdoms; two more than the riverlands). And are those longer trained units really stronger and worth the effort?
  19. Makememove

SmurfInHell said:
    I can't seem to find this specific topic post in the forums so I'll ask here and with some luck I may get a few answers/responses.

INFANTRY AND SPEARS:
    Warband AI was not meant for all infantry to have spears (which seems to make up the majority of most troop trees) and I am having a tough time taking on bandits or any other scum half my size. The main reason being is that these Forest Bandits, clansmen, or any other roaming outlaws have some form of one handed weapon like a mace or sword that quite frankly the AI just pile drive each other in melee combat and bash at each other. This is where my problem starts, my rows of spearmen (peasants to even some vets) will run up and try stabbing at a point blank range which in Warband mechanics/AI does not work out well for my poor spearmen. I have had a little success with telling them to hold position and let the enemy charge, then having them stab and back up (rinse and repeat), but that requires a lot of micromanagement that I could better spend my time helping with a side calv charge or in the fray.

Next is a universal problem for all ranks

BOWS: Yes, bows have been changed a lot in this version including only 3/5 of the arrows that come in a native quiver (18:30) along with a slight rework on bow damage. All these things are fine; however, I feel the real problem comes with the shields. These bows do close to what the native ones do in terms of damage while shields are heavily reduced in resistance parameters. I literally feel like my shield can take 2-4 shots without breaking if I get lucky and have a pretty decent shield. In early stages of melee combat you are better off saving your money than buying a 200-500 denar shield that can MAYBE take a few hits for you. I believe to help fix this imbalance (I do not under any circumstances believe we should have shields like in native since having 2 full quivers stuck in your shield with only half the durability gone is quite silly) there should be a slight increase in either resistance OR overall durability(hitpoints) of shields.

So to my question

Do any of you have a certain faction, trick, or any piece of advice that could help me negate some of these problems? I am using the dragonstone faction as it stands now because the infantry is fairly solid with swordsman (that carry shields so they can at least stand up awhile longer than the spearmen counter-parts). Some other factions that have peaked my interest are The North and The Vale. Maybe Westerlands if I could get some of that shiny King Guard armor. And some King Guard units.

I think I have a tactical solution for you that might work a bit. Let those nadits come up to your troops, and let them do their first attack. When the lines have met, command your troops via F2 F2 to move back a bit. often, the enemies also go back a bit and allow your spearmen to use their spears once again.
  20. Makememove

Hi Cozur,

I returned with 0.91 to the mod and have to Say that I like it very much. the immersion breaking diplomacy seems to be fixed; I love the new gear and the fantastic scenes. Awesome!!!

I miss the great numbers of raiders that roamed the riverlands , though. There are some raiders, but I can´t find the great bands of vargo hoat or Beric Dondarrion. The mountain clans that formerly roamed the lands between Kingslanding and Storms End seem to have vanished, too.

I thought about that band of the lighning Lord. Would it be possible to make them an own faction? Maybe with a stronghold that can´t be attacked by other kingdoms (because it would be unrealistiv if they were to strong and had many lords)
Back
Top Bottom