Search results for query: *

1. Veikeiing Kund

Rome at War: Suggestions/bugs

What helps is that his English is understandable but not grammatically correct. The rest of us spend a lot more time thinking about what we're writing :lol:
    [/quote]

I've long had the belief that grammar is intended to facilitate understanding rather than obfuscate it. So if I'm still understood, despite my lapse, I'm not too worried. That and I really don't want to be... "That Guy"... :roll:
    I still despise using numbers to replace words and the frivolous misspelling of words; text-speak, for lack of a better word. that's not being understandable, it's just being annoying.

Yeah, Seek, I was working under a general assumption along those line, though I didn't know the particulars (Thank you for that. The more you know! :smile:). I had initially formed the idea around the basis in Greece, but was, and still am, unsure how it might apply outside that theater. My reasoning was that even if you've the man power, food, and cash to support an army, industry is still required to churn out their arms, armor, replacements for both, and any such other items along those lines. I've always felt Warband's method of "Oh, they've all the necessary gear. Go forth and kill things. Ammo? You've an ever-filling quiver!" to be a tad jarring. That and a happy economy means you're that much more able to field those military forces. Perhaps as a more practical application, a series of additions to cities/castles allowing for their attached villages to garrison more troops of a related nature, in addition to giving an economic bonus?
              All said, it's an idea. Whether it carries any practicality... I've no idea. :grin: Also, I'm guessing that SP additions of this scale... Well, may be outside the bounds of what you, the dev team, want  to do...
              Here's to hoping though!

2. Veikeiing Kund

Okay, sounds good. And that was a really quick response! :shock:
  3. Veikeiing Kund

Great to hear, and thanks for the quick response. Even for a mod not focused on SP and no where near completion, you currently have a better quality of content than many mods do on release. I much  prefer quality over quantity. In other words, keep on and do that voodoo that you do so well, because it's damn good.
        Yeah, I was unsure on the greaves factor, so thanks for the correction rgcotl. Personally I prefer the undecorated styling, I was more concerned by the fact that they lag so far behind in defensive properties (This might change greatly with the weight re-balance, so my concerns here may or may not have any standing.). However, I understand that you're trying to as closely replicate the historical counterparts as possible, just throwing my few cents in. Also, in regards to the Celts, fair enough. I wasn't trying to prod so much as mentioning with comedic effect.
    On a separate note, should the Gladius Hispaniensis be present in Italy in 300 BCE? I thought the first mention of it was sometime between 200-150 BCE, it having been adopted after the Punic Wars or modified from a Le Tene I imported from Europe? I can provide a research article on the matter if you would like.
        As far as troop progression, I like that idea Seek, though I'm curious whether or not any of the armies of the Mediterranean during this period were professional, particularly providing arms and armor to their recruits?
        The reason I ask is I had a bizarre idea in that not only might you have to have particular facilities to train/advance particular troops (not only in the sense of upgrades but also the necessary supporting industry.), but that the number of troops either available or maintainable might also be scaled in regard to these industries. I've no idea how that might be implemented, or how well it jives with your existing game plan, but food for thought.

Hopefully some of this was useful, and not just me running my mouth... or rather my fingers, considering the medium.

Oh, and thank you, rgcotl, for the info on the software. Going to spend some time learning its ins and outs, hopefully with something to show.
  4. Veikeiing Kund

First off, I would like to thank the dev team for this mod. You've all done excellent work RaW, or rather Vae Victus, and it has quickly become one of my favorite mods; even playing only SP, as my connection is garbage. Granted, this is large part because I'm a bit of a visual player at times and your models quite nearly make the rest of look good by proxy of their awesomeness. My limited fanboy moment over, I would like to point out a number of issues that I find irking, and offer a suggestion or two (for whatever that is worth). Hopefully this is constructive...

[list type=decimal]
    [*]    While weapon stats seem relatively balanced in the italic theater, I noted that there was a noticeable discrepancy in the quality of armors, particularly between the Safinim & the Romani. I could well be mistaken,  but I had believed them to be of similar stock, both in tactics and armament; granted, my expertise in the area is limited. However, what I found was that top quality Safinim armors and shields out preformed both of their Romani and Gallic counterparts, though Gallic helms were superior to the others, by not only weighing and/or costing a significant amount less, but also having equal or better stats in such comparisons. Wasn't sure if this is as intended or not, but I thought I would point it out.
    Romani kit: Tribvne Helm, Centurion Hamata, Ocrea, Scutum(Romani, Iron), and Gladius Hispaniensis=49.5, AV= 54, 50, 44
    Safinim Kit, Attic Cassis, Meddix Musculata, Ocrea et Caligae(Iron), Scutum(Safinim, Iron), and Xiphos= 34.0, AV= 50, 50,  49
    Gallic Kit: Montefortino(Bird), Gallic Hamata(Green Heavy), Gallic Leggings, Gallic Spatha, and Round Sheild = 31.5, AV= 55, 45, 26

This biased in that I comparing what I felt to be the best items for each culture, so both my my opinion on the equipment and the quality progression of both the armor and associated troops should be taken into account. However, I do tend to play these three nearly equally, and try to stick with culturally accurate equipment with each.
    [*]I also was curious as to whether the Romans used iron in any of their greaves? It seems their best leg protection, Ocrea, which is solely in Bronze? falls into the worst metal category globally at AV= 32 whilst weighing 10.0; Safinim Ocrea et Caligae(Iron) out preformed globally at AV= 43 while weighing 7.0 . Once again, I'm not sure if this is as intended, but the disparity as is seemed quite large. Overall, I'm not as worried about the Romani, though I'd love to see iron greaves and cassis from a purely aesthetic sense (not sure on said historical accuracy though), but the the Safinim Ocrea seem a tad strong for its weight.
    Also, Gaul-> needs more love, but that's Darth Taco's shtick, right?
    [*]Though I'm not sure of how well it works from a historical perspective, I would love to see a bit more continuous troop progression particularly: I agree that going from peasant to legate makes no sense whatsoever, going from a hastatus, to a principe, and perhaps even a triarii, though that would be more of a stretch, due to the equipment issue (having to provide ones equipment and such). I personally still feel that such a progression would still be within the realms of reasonable accuracy, but I would love to know how accurate that perception may or may not be.
    [/list]

I repeat, these experiences are based off the SP experience, so I've no idea how they may affect or be received in a MP environment.

Overall, though, this is fantastic work, and deserving of far more excitement than it seems to receive. Best of luck.

On a side note, I'm curious as to what format and or software you typically use for modelling. I've some experience with Solidworks and AutoCAD's Revit, which are CAD (Computer-Assisted-Design) software and CAD architectural software respectivly, but it's mostly been in a mechanical engineering/architectural regard. If there might be a software package you could recommend, I'd be interested in learning how to use it, with to goal of creating some models for you, likely structures. If those are still needed?
  5. Veikeiing Kund

SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

iC1 said:
    Completely besides the point. It doesn't entitle him or anyone else to be rude and insulting to people they dont know, on the internet or otherwise. If you can find the time to call someone a goat, pachyderm or whatever then you have the time to answer the same question again. Otherwise just ignore them.

But that's so much less entertaining! Anyways, after having read even a quarter of the posts, I'm inclined to give Cozur a fair reign... If I' d been him, I would be reenacting American Psycho by now...
  6. Veikeiing Kund

Anera I cant hurt these bots

Hmm... I must admit to having a similar problem as Zoecoco. I've been using the SVN version, I think, which is 0.97 beta, correct? Would you like a bug ticket submitted?
    I think it has something to do, in part, with strength scores not being used to factor damage or the ratios for such garnered one zero too many, as a fresh char with STR of 8 seems to be doing comparable damage to my English lordling with a STR of around 27.
  7. Veikeiing Kund

Bug Reports - E1200 Warband (solution to crashes in first post)

Whoops, I see you're already addressing that issue in your changlog for v.22. :grin: Sorry about the redundancy.
  8. Veikeiing Kund

Bug Reports - E1200 Warband (solution to crashes in first post)

Not sure if this an error on my side or not, but it seems the Prison Guards castles are (still?) "unkillable", in that, when you go to free a lord outside of a mission, they remain neutral (can't be harmed but not aggressive) after you demand the keys. Not sure if that's intentional or a glitch on my part, but thought I'd mention it. Other than, great mod, keep up the good work.

9. Veikeiing Kund

General suggestions thread.

My congratulations to you for the designing of this fantastic mod. This is truly a wonderful piece and I would love to continue to see it flourish. However there were some things I thought I might point out for historical accuracy, though I'm unsure whether they ought go here or in your "castle Builders" section, but either way... :???:

1. It may just be me, but with the new subversion I seem to be having an error with the three general groups of units (Infantry, Archers, Cavalry) refusing orders. Once a battle begins they are rooted in place. Not sure what might be causing this but...

2. I though I might mention that on the world map there is no island of Malta, a small island located 80km south of Sicily which was subject to rule by The holy Roman Empire during this period. Not sure if this was intentional or an over sight, but I thought I'd point it out.

3. I believe this has been mentioned already in this thread, but I figure it could do with it again. Having English translations of the troop names would be much appreciated for those of us whom don't speak (French?). While not a major issue it is One of those things that constantly snags my brain out of the game, unfortunately.

4. Once again, not sure if this was intentional or simply still in development, but Wales is awfully under developed with only one town and 2? castles, which both start under British control. To the best of my knowledge there where several additional castles belonging to the Welsh lords during this period that were located in the region but are currently absent. Would love to see them at least get their just dues for the last stand or two( or world domination for those who like to mess with the normal order of things.)

5. An earlier post mentioned this, and I might just be being a dunce for missing the response, but I've found that the random nature of the zero damage head-shot rather annoying. While I know that it's impossible to create a hit-box setup for the characters, and that this is an attempt to illustrate the effectiveness of armor during this period, this feature seems rather awkward at best.

That's about it for now but I'll probably buzz in with some more as I get to to play more. Either way best of luck with the development, and may it come to fruition in it's fullest.
  10. Veikeiing Kund

Download, FAQ & sigs for latest version.

I seem to be having the same issue as English_Knight. Seems the download link is broken, would appreciate if you could take a look at it, because it's either that, or my computer/internet is deciding to hate me. Anyways, the mod looks great and I am justly impressed, can't wait to test it out myself... :mrgreen:
  11. Veikeiing Kund

Village Lord Mod v:0.1

tommylaw said:
    How do people keep finding threads like this?!?

Quite simple really. Some poor chap mistyped the title as "Village Idiot" rather than "Village Lord" on his link unto this thread, hence the dismal language skills of some of the posters. This is, of course, without even considering the other "endearing" traits some of them have...
Back
Top Bottom