Search results for query: *

1. velocity30

extremely ridiculous things about multiplayer

The issue with thrown weapons isn't the thrown weapons themselves, but the stupid bug that just makes them appear in you, pretty much nomatter how far away it actually is. This is so rediculous and frustrating, i cant even count how many times someone has thrown something, it totally misses, and I get hit. Its even worse when they become invisible in mid air and appear in front of you.
  2. velocity30

How to fix my godawful multiplayer hit reg, + other questions?

I have the same issue, along with many others. It isn't your ping, it has been this way ever since the 1.130 patch. Multiplayer has lost a lot since then.
  3. velocity30

Mount & Blade Motion Control (Kinect) - Proof of Concept Video and Discussion

The remote is planned for retail but it has nothing to do with motion control. When the product is finished though, I have %90 of a motion controller (required sensors & total RF control, just need to write a little code). You wouldn't need to strap a sensor on each limb, just your leg for kicking. The sword control comes from how the remote (similar to a tv remote with a touch screen) is oriented and how its being moved. Headtracking is definitely needed to make anything practical  though I think, I'm doing this as a side project.
  4. velocity30

This RF protocol can be ported to microcontrollers in a very small form factor, so kicks are taken care of if you strap a tiny sensor on your shoe or leg. Thats 1 example of the importance in being able to have an RF protocol handle many motion controllers controlled by many people in the same space. Each person controls a set of independent motion controllers, and each person's set of controllers is an independant channel within the RF receiver. Over the air, it basically looks like a USB network, and each person's set of controllers is similar to a USB hub. When another person wants to play, their set is daisy-chained off from someone else's (like plugging a usb hub into another usb hub). Can't wait to get it running stable.
  5. velocity30

I'm currently developing an RF protocol at my job, it isn't stable yet but I'm doing the same thing without head tracking. It's a remote control that has Gyroscopic & acceleration sensors that relay vectors to a receiver. The receiver enumerates as a generic HID keyboard & mouse on the computer, and sends the commands to the game. With this protocol you can use tons of motion controllers (a remote in each hand, and many people), lol, kinect is a bit dated.

If anyone has been in a server & seen players Pascale, Pascale_Instance1, and Pascale_Instance2, I'm running the testbed for it. This is why I have 3 warband tags on my profile.
  6. velocity30

Archery - random aiming

Orion said:
    My bet is that you're aiming at about the right spot, firing at about the right time, but still not getting hits. Well, I must say then that M&B has the best ranged hit detection I've seen and I don't think that's the reason. There must be something else. If it's not the parallax problem causing weird aiming offset that you aren't familiar with, and if it isn't hit detection (because it's very unlikely), we're left with very few options. You've canceled out latency, but perhaps you're having frame lag. Are your graphics settings too high? You can enable an FPS counter in the options from the launcher, by going to Configure -> Video, and checking "Show framerate." If your framerate in battles averages less than 30, you should lower your graphics settings. Some people would say 60, but 30 is the minimum for playability.

My system is within a few frames of vsync at all times and I still get tons of arrows passing through people. For me on average I'd say only about 3/5 arrows that actually hit, actually count. Then I'll hit these periods where 100% of hits do not count, restarting the game helps that usually.
  7. velocity30

Archery - random aiming

bubble said:
    Yeah, its the third person view with the aim off. I did test in fpv on training map, thats why my hits were better...thx.

Just played online, had around 80 ping and not even at 2m distance my arrows got recoginized hitting a huge target (knight on horse)...did quit after an hour. Cant remember that the hit detection was that bad...wow.

Yea, the hit detection I have found extremely poor since the 1.130 patch. I have the exact same problem. Quite often I can be just a few meters from a horse (or a person), pepper it with arrows, and do no damage. This happens a lot even if the target isn't moving. Usually it will be like this from 10 - 30 min, then stop for awhile, then start again, extremely annoying.

I've found that sometimes switching your network interface when this happens helps. I use 2 NIC cards, when this happens while in a server you can enable the one your not using, wait for it to connect, then disable the 1st NIC you were using. It helps sometimes, but not every time. Even switching from a wired to wireless interface I've seen improvements, there is without a doubt a bug in the game, it was never this bad for me on 1.127

This all happens with a ping consistently below 50 too, so i doubt lag is fully to blame.
  8. velocity30

Where do you rank Warband?

I like the civilization games until my apache helicopter was speared out of the sky by some primitive jungle dwelling faction lol. I could no longer play after something so ridiculous.
  9. velocity30

Where do you rank Warband?

Blead said:
    1. Warband
    2. borderland
    3. Total Annihilation
    4. Minecraft
    5. Fate

LOL its funny you put Warband then Borderlands. Whenever I play warband, I run borderlands minimized with my character standing in Fyrestone so I can listen to the cool music. It mixes very well with warband.
  10. velocity30

Let's discuss khergit issue!

It doesn't matter what faction is a clone of another or whatever. My point is that any non-Khergit factions fighting one another have somewhat similar play style & tactics. Once Khergits are added, the difference in play style & tactics between the factions is much different.

I like khergits & don't think there are any big problems. They add spice to the game and make you think/play differently. In my opinion, the issue is that the khergits rely heavily on hit-and-run tactics. The other factions don't as much which singles out this faction; so many players receive them poorly since 5/6 factions utilize drastically different tactics.

I don't think any changes are needed, the khergits just need someone to play with that use hit-and-run tactics. Players would enjoy a khergit match a lot more when 1 team isn't stuck being shot at & outrun constantly. It would also create a new style of play for the khergits when fighting someone with similar tactics.
  11. velocity30

Let's discuss khergit issue!

I think players would enjoy the Khergits more if the Devs added a faction that reflected them. Vaegier & Sarranid pair well, Swadians & Rhodocks pair well, but nothing really pairs with the Khergits. Another horseback-archery faction with some changes would probably make them fit in better.
  12. velocity30

Glancing Blows

I have the same issue as Nero, it isn't only him. After one of the patches I'll get these periods where 100% of my hits glance nomatter how well I hit someone, even if they are standing still. It IS a game problem.
  13. velocity30

Glancing Blows

Yea lag causes a ton of glancing blows even if they are well placed hits. Quite often I will land 4 or 5 well placed hits and they all glance off. I never had this issue until 1.130 when they pretty much messed everything up.
  14. velocity30

{GK} The Golden Kingdom - {Recruiting}

I'll try it when I get home from work Madoc, around 7.
  15. velocity30

Dragonhelm said:
    Pascale are you able to see the server and get an auth key error when you try to join... or you cant see the server at all?

I cant see the server at all. Yesterday (8th) I tried looking a few times between 6PM - 1 AM eastern. When looking, I disabled all filtering and refreshed my list by selecting "internet" (not the refresh button).

EDIT: I'm in the US by the way, and still using version 1.132

EDIT2: If Someone private message me the server IP's I can try pinging them. 
  16. velocity30

I'm getting withdraws without the siege server too lol. If you need any hardware/OS debugging help with the server let me know, I might be able to help. Is the server rented or someone's personal machine?
  17. velocity30

Nvidia 3d vision and Warband

Did you purchase an NVidia recommended monitor? I'm under the impression that any monitor (or HDTV) will work as long as it has a 120hz refresh rate.

*EDIT
    My computer drives my entire entertainment system including television. I'd like to get a nice big HDTV for watching tv, & enable the 3d vision when I play games if it works. NVidia supports (or will soon support) 3d vision with a 3d blue-ray drive.
  18. velocity30

Nvidia 3d vision and Warband

I've wanted to try this out so bad, I'm glad it works well. I wasn't sure if it would so I didn't invest the money into the setup. I bet it looks awesome, do you get headaches or eyestrain?
  19. velocity30

Basic Siege Advice and Strategy

Great advice, especially the segment describing "man minutes". I use a similar concept but think of it as "Flow rates". If an archer had a "perfect game", they would have 0 kills, and everyone they shot would have 1 hit point by time line of sight was lost. If an attacker nears the flag with 1 hit point left & dies, that is the ideal situation. Their lost "man minutes" has been maximized.

Archers play a more important role I think though. Shields are freely availible & adept battlefield archers are as useful as pure melee in average situations.
  20. velocity30

Going to buy, steam or regular?

Avoid steam at all costs unless you want headaches. There are many clans that do not use steam.
Back
Top Bottom