Search results for query: *

• Users: Occam
  • Order by date
  1. Managing your Kingdom Fiefs

The only way I've seen the personality labels of lords is in the mod system. I am not sure there is an in-game way to see it in Native.
    I haven't used the Diplomacy mod but I think it lets you see lord personalities.
    The wiki https://mountandblade.fandom.com/wiki/Vassals tells you how to figure out personalities based on their dialog.

But I just look at what their relation with me is...if a lord has over 50 relation with me they almost certainly are one of the Honorable types...unless I've rescued them from prison half a dozen times.
  2. Managing your Kingdom Fiefs

There are 2 main methods:
    1) Hold a lot of feasts
    2) They way I do it

The way I do it 
    High honor

Lords have different personalities...there are like 6 or 8 different types but I lump them all into 2 categories... 1) Honorable or 2)Worthless.

Honorable lords (they are called Upstanding or Good Natured in the game) have higher relation with you according to how high your honor is. They mostly don't lose relation with you when you give fiefs to other people (once in a while you lose a few points when you give a fief to someone they really don't like but it doesn't happen enough to be a problem.) These are the only lords I give castles or towns to.

Worthless lords I give villages to. They will lose relation with you every time you give a fief out and will eventually defect but, so what. They can't take the village with them and until they do defect they hang around keeping the bandit population down.
  3. A good strategy for companions

For point of comparison, I am well into what I consider end-game.
    Day 637
    I am level 29.
    Playing as a foot archer...heavy morningstar/shield and strong warbow...20str 12agi 16int 15cha
    Native (no mods), difficulty rating 134% (all max except lance on auto...I just leave it like that even tho as a foot soldier I have not even used a lance all game.)

Sarranids have been eliminated.
    Swadians are down to 2 castles.
    Khergits have 1 town and 3 castles.

My kingdom controls 10 towns and a lot of castles.

1)
    I have not put a single point into str or agi (or cha, but I never give companions any) for Artimmener, Borcha, or Lezalit (my medic).
    They have 26int, 29int, 26int respectively. They have 2 or 3 points in fighting skills.
    All my companions are in plate except Borcha because he only has 8str, and Artimmener because I just now realized I never got around to giving him some.
    All my companions are level 20 or 21 right now. I don't do anything special to train them, just what they get from fighting bandits for money at the beginning and armies later.

2)
    I have 2 points in Prisoner Management.
    At this point I don't usually bother taking prisoners.
    I am not sure but I think they might slow you down on the world map. I'll have to check that later.

3)
    I don't remember what they were when I started mid-game, but obviously lower than now.
  4. Kingdom of Hyboria reigns supreme in Calradia

Autosave at character creation.
  5. Kingdom of Hyboria reigns supreme in Calradia

You don't need Persuasion to recruit lords.
    (Well, wiki says you need at least 1 point to succeed at persuasion attempts. It also says something about bribes which are not part of vanilla Warband, so who knows if it is accurate at all. https://mountandblade.fandom.com/wiki/Skills )
    It helps but if they like their king or don't like you they're not going to join you no matter what your persuasion.

I always go for high honor...over 100, and more is better. You get the max benefit at 300 so no need to go over that, even over 200 you probably won't notice any difference.
    You get 1 relation point for every 3 points of honor with Upstanding and Good-Natured lords.
    You do not lose relations with these Honorable lords when you give fiefs to someone else, so these are the only lords I recruit and give castles to.
    Since I usually have between 30 and 60 relation with them when I try to recruit them it really just comes down to how much they like their king.
    Most of the lords I get come to me without having to recruit them. I can tell right away by how much relation I have whether they are honorable or not and give castles or villages accordingly.
    So I haven't found Persuasion to have any great effect on my ability to conquer.

About Difficulty Rating
    I am not sure what 'default' difficulty is, since I changed it so many years ago.
    I think after the first few times most people play at or close to max difficulty...which is 149%.
    I play with everything at max except I have lance on auto, so my difficulty rating is 134%.

About real difficulty
    Since you are ready for a new game, I have a suggestion...Dismount and Blade.
    My current game I put my horse in my inventory on day 1 and have played the whole game on foot.
    All my companions are on foot too, but I do keep 10-20 knights, sword sisters, or slavers in my army.
    The fighting in this game is fun and being on foot in the midst of a big battle is really intense (I hate Khergits tho).
    I recommend giving it a try.
  6. A good strategy for companions

First Aid 10+4 will help your companions but if you get knocked out it won't help you. You'll only get the heal from whatever First Aid skill the companion left standing with the next highest has...so 10, at best.

When I am fighting big battles I always keep my int-monkeys on the bottom of the troop list. Most of the time they never even appear on the battlefield, so I don't bother with a back-up healer.
    (I play unmodded vanilla, so 'big' means more than the max setting of 150.)
    My current game I took 2 Wound Treatment and 5 Surgery, but other games I have skipped those.

I often use bows myself but don't usually give them to companions, except Baheshtur or Deshavi.
    On foot companions are great with bows but all npcs suck at mounted archery. They don't lead their target and only wild shots actually hit the enemy. The more accurate they are the more likely they miss.

I give mounted skill-monkeys light xbows specifically because they will ride around uselessly shooting bolts rather than charging into the fray where they could get hurt.
    I usually give mounted fighter companions sniper xbows because they can't use them on horseback so must charge in. Plus, they will have them in sieges where they are great with them.
  7. Lost vassal help

Check in your capital, in the castle.
  8. Lost vassal help

Did you make Bunduk a lord? Or did you make him your steward?
    Stewards can rejoin your party but I don't think lords can.

9. Lost vassal help

If you made a companion a vassal and they lost a battle they might be in a dungeon if they were captured or in their castle healing up if they weren't.
    Check the NOTES menu > YOUR FACTION to see if they are listed and click on their name to see if there is any information that might help.
  10. Don’t join a faction until mid-game. Keep early-game army small.

The way I use the terms

EARLY GAME
    I focus on earning money and setting up enterprises in more than half of the towns.

MID-GAME
    Usually around level 20 I join a faction and focus on getting a town or castle and getting married.
    Once Married, I take as many towns and castles as I can and demand to keep them until I get denied and can rebel.
    Surviving the assault by the faction I just rebelled from I consider the end of mid-game.
    I am usually mid to late 20s at this point and my companions are low 20s.

LATE GAME
    Capturing the rest of the map is usually done by mid 30s. I don't think I have ever gotten to level 40.
  11. Noob help lol

That's the spirit!
    I wish I could still do that.
    I used to be an adventurer like you until I took an arrow to my knee.
  12. Noob help lol

Honved said:
    Taking the castle is the easy part; holding it against all of the factions who decide that they'd like an easy acquisition will be harder.  First step (BEFORE you take that castle) is to get on good terms with someone in the faction of the castle you intend to take.  AFTER you take the castle, find that Lord and offer to pay reparations to end the war.  It may cost you several thousand, but it will put you at peace with your first and biggest threat.  THEN you need to worry about all of the other factions randomly declaring war on you, and building up a big enough garrison to make it seem like a bad idea to attack it.

I don't remember seeing the "reparations" option so I am pretty sure that must be in the Diplomacy mod.
    (I might be the only long-time player who has never used Diplomacy)
    Can ps4 players use mods?

13. A good strategy for companions

I think Maximus is right on most of the things but I agree with LeChat on the importance of surgery.

I have played thru a lot of times over the years and can say with confidence that there is no *right* way to do things...one of the great things about this game is the flexibility.

The way I usually do it is to have 3 int-monkeys and 5 super-soldiers.
    MEDIC I give surgery, first aid, wound treatment, and trainer in that order...as they level there are occasional points left for fighting skills.
    SCOUT I give path finding, spotting, training, and tracking in that order, then any extra in fighting skills.
    ENGINEER I give engineering, tactics, and training in any order (none are really important until mid-game or so)

I usually leave the int-monkeys at their base of 8 or 9 str and agi until their int is 30. If I am playing an all-cavalry early-game, I put them on horses otherwise I think they get hurt less on foot. Either way I give them xbows, 1-handers, and shields.
    I almost always use the Artimenner group with Borcha for scout and Lezalit for medic.
    Lezalit is level 5 and has 11 int when you hire him. He doesn't have any medic skills but he grows into it fairly quickly.

SOLDIERS
    First I raise their int to the next multiple of 3 (that is, to 9, 12, or in the case of Rolf to 15) and put as many points into trainer as that allows.
    Next, if I am going to make them cavalry I raise their agi to 12, riding to 4, and put them on armored horses.
    If they are going to stay on foot I raise str to 15 or 18, then agi to 12, then more str after that.

Party speed on the world map is effected by the athletics skill of foot soldiers so I give companions athletics if they are not mounted.
    Some npc troops are flagged as 'mounted' even tho they fight on foot. This means they don't slow the party down on the world map.
    I think all the ones that are are tier 5...the tier 5 infantry and archers for the Vaegirs, Swadians, and Sarranids, plus Hired Blades.
    If I recall correctly, none of the Nords or Rhodocks are flagged as 'mounted'

I don't usually give any companions Looting skill altho I will sometimes take 2 points of it myself. I think of it as an early-game skill. I don't loot villages and later on I carry so much food that I leave most loot on the battle field.
    I also skip Persuasion for companions...kings never agree to peace unless I am kicking their ass so bad that I don't really need to have peace with them. (I play straight vanilla, no Diplomacy mod...persuasion might by more useful there)

A note on hammers:
    Blunt weapons knock out enemies, which is good for taking prisoners but if you are sieging a castle and don't take it the first time all the troops that were knocked out will still be there and may have healed up the next time you attack. I prefer weapons that kill so I can whittle down difficult targets.
  14. The Nordic power advantage?

Nords do have an infantry advantage.
    All other factions' top tier is t5, usually level 25.
    Huscarls are tier 6, level 28. (Swadian knights are also lvl 28 and Mamlukes are either 27 or 28, I forget).
    Nord Veterans are tier 5, level 25 and are at least as good as other factions' t5 infantry.

This is balanced by Nord having no cavalry and the archers being just t4. I forget what level the archers are but it is lower than 25.
  15. Conquest in M&B: Warband Vanilla

The remaining Sarranid lords should abandon the Sarranids soon and then you will get the message that they have been eliminated.

I think it might have something to do with how high their relations with their king was. Lords lose something like 2 points of relation with their king every day or two that they don't have a fief.
    I don't know exactly when they defect but if it is at like -50 and they have +50 relation when you take their last fief it could take a while.

Hunting them down would speed things up but I don't think it is necessary as long as none of the remaining lords has an army big enough to take back a castle.

If you try to hunt them, take a small, all-cavalry army. Lone lords move quite fast.
  16. Caravan Limit

I'll try to be more helpful but I really don't know what problem you are trying to solve.
    From what you have said you seem to have your own kingdom started with vassals and several towns, so you must know most of what you need to do to beat the other kingdoms.

Since you are trying to get prosperity up, I assume you have money problems.
    If you have velvet enterprises in most cities that will give you all the money you need unless you are at war with all or most of the other factions at once...if they all declared war on you not much you can do about that.

If you have enterprises set up and are only at war with one or two other factions you should not be having money problem unless you have way too many troops.
    If you are keeping several towns and castles for yourself, don't. Give them away, they cost too much to garrison.

I am not familiar with Floris so I don't know how patrols work. You might be spending more for the troops on patrol than any benefit you will ever get from them.

In my own kingdom right now I have one city for myself garrisoned with ~400 mostly tier 2/3 troops. I have about 100 troops in my field army, mostly tier 5. And I have one castle with about 200 tier 2/3 troops that I plan to give away to the next high relation lord that joins me.
    My weekly budget is under 7000 denars for wages.

I'm at war with the Vaegirs but they only have one town left, so only one of my enterprises is sequestered.
    After paying for wages, I net over 8000 denars profit per week.

My capital is Uxkhal and it's prosperity is average...it took me a while to even find where to check that. I literally have never checked on any of my towns' prosperity before.

If that helps you, great.
    If not, say what exactly is the problem you are trying to solve.
  17. Caravan Limit

Mellicifious said:
    Someone help me understand why you can only get 5 caravans max?

manekemaan said:
    Anyone know why they gave a kingdom a maximum number of 5 caravans? I always find it strange to see total caravan activity decrease as my own kingdom conquers other kingdoms. Has anyone ever fixed this? I know in POP they have a caravan per town. But i mean for native of floris mod or something.
    I do not know why since in the Native module, every faction has 5 caravans max due to having +3 towns and usually there is 6 (excluding player faction because you have to take their towns) meaning there is 30 caravans in the whole map.

This is big blunder because when you are trying to get the achievement for conquering Calradia. As this causes every town you conquered to get increasingly poor as result of lack of trading or caravans coming to visit the towns. I have no real way to supplement this problem as I have tried to give towns to my vassals, but that does not grant me more caravans and having all the villages around the town at max prosperity does not help enough.

I am not avoiding your topic.

Caravans and how they relate to the ability to conquer Calarira [size=12pt]IS[/size] the topic of your original post.

If you want more caravans that's fine. You can't have them. Not unless you mod it.
    If you want to conquer Caladria, stop worrying about the caravans, they are irrelevant to your ability to conquer.
    Really.
  18. Caravan Limit

I understand that caravans increase town prosperity but I've never considered town prosperity to be important. You can completely ignore town prosperity and still conquer Caladria easily.

It's like town relations, you can do lots of quest for the guildmaster and get your relation with the town up but that doesn't do anything to help you conquer.

Town relations and prosperity add flavor to the game but they are necessary parts to pay attention to.

EDIT:
    left the word "not" out of that last sentence. It should read:
    Town relations and prosperity add flavor to the game but they are NOT necessary parts to pay attention to.
  19. Caravan Limit

Mellicifious said:
    Someone help me understand why you can only get 5 caravans max?

What don't you understand?...You get 5 caravans max because they programmed it for you to have 5 caravans.
    If you want more caravans you can mod it to have more, the mod system isn't very hard.

What I don't understand is why you want to have more caravans.
  20. Caravan Limit

Poor towns may annoy you but they don't have anything to do with whether you can conquer the whole map or not.
    As long as you have a velvet enterprise in most of the towns you should have plenty of money.
    Food, I buy most of that in villages.

Just keep one town near the middle of the map for yourself and maybe a castle where you are campaigning.
    Give everything else away. That way is doesn't cost you to garrison it and it makes your lords stronger.
Back
Top Bottom