Search results

1. Gremgoblin

When there's 3 or more javelins in your shield... you pretty much shouldn't be able to use it.

Seems like a lot of work for a single item item that, as far as I've been able to try, doesn't even have the ability to be thrown in SP at the moment, just to add some novelty to them, all of which only applies to the single faction that uses pila...?
  2. Gremgoblin

When there's 3 or more javelins in your shield... you pretty much shouldn't be able to use it.

I've actually seen a lot of shields break in MP, but it is usually only when some guy jumps into the middle of an enemy group and they all start beating on him. :D
  3. Gremgoblin

Unsolved CTD on save load

Summary: like instructed I had a read through the known issues and ixed issues and crashes but so far my issue seems a little different if similar to the ones listed. Whenever I load a save my game will CTD. It's currently impossible to play SP because of this. The reason I think it's different...
  4. Gremgoblin

Campaign map, weird design

Even the Scandi's do not live in permanent winter, because the further north you go, the fewer people you find. OP seems to understand perfectly well that by modern standards there are plenty of permanent winter settlements, but his point is that historically this would not happen (often) and...
  5. Gremgoblin

Marunath Arena Woodchopping Contest Bug?

Well that's an interesting title. Either way, the bug is definitely not game breaking and.. sorta funny, but I can see how it'd be a little frustrating if you die because of the bug. Two AI just ran up to the wood pillar on one end of the arena, and while trying to fight each other ended up...
  6. Gremgoblin

2h units are useless unless archers get nerfed

Haha, even the "lore" of the battle of Pendraic keeps this in account; Neretzes didn't send any archers with the vanguard, so when the falxmen came running out of the woods, they could descend upon the arrow riddled enemy. I think the problem is more than currently, archers even with 50 bow...
  7. Gremgoblin

Unsolved Bandit-situation is getting out of hand. Needs looking into.

Perhaps when a kingdom allows a bandit situation to get too out of hand, the game could check for x amount of bandits in an area. If x > threshold, taxes are reduced (why pay a nobleman taxes if he can't keep you safe?) and a single large army lead by a generated bandit ''king'' is spawned that...
  8. Gremgoblin

OK, that's a nice argument but it is useless because you're arguing that shields are awesome in real life. Yes they are, everyone agrees with you, shields rock. You're playing a videogame though and videogames need balance to make it fun. Nothing is "fun" about being forced to use a shield...
  9. Gremgoblin

Does anyone else think spears are utterly useless?

I think that's because, at the moment, in Bannerlord (and in Warband previously) cav is and has always been a force multiplier. It's like a 2x stronger unit just by giving it a horse. Spears are even more useless than other weapons for cav for some reason, when really the spear was more or less...
  10. Gremgoblin

Sure, but you can't pull down shields with axes and shields cover areas they shouldn't be covering in the game already. They need fixing first before we can even consider adding new features to them. So saying ''just hit em where the shield isn't covering them bro'' seems kinda silly when, in...
  11. Gremgoblin

Tournaments and Armor

I don't think it's that hard to win, even if you're fighting a guy that has great armor. The AI is not that hard to beat, even at low levels. The problems start piling on when you're fighting named hero characters that also happen to have great armor. They swing faster and harder than you, and...
  12. Gremgoblin

That's all really great but until we get a mechanism that allows a) the player and AI to pull down shields with axes and b) the AI to know that that means they have to stab the shield user with a spear, the shield breaking is the closest we'll get to what you're describing. This is a videogame...
  13. Gremgoblin

Regarding quests and companions, and the writing of this game

I believe that security is a way to counteract low loyalty, or at least that is the way I read it. Kind of like suppression from TW? Having a military in the area means that people feel either more secure (against bandits?) or in case of low loyalty, feel like they're being watched. But, again...
  14. Gremgoblin

Which leveling system do you prefer Warband or Bannerlord?

I think that's a good way of putting it; the system very obviously has flaws and I think the people who like the new system also agree that it's shoddy at best. I definitely agree that the system really needs work and, as it is now, is not good at all. But the implications of what it can be when...
  15. Gremgoblin

Hmm.. correct, I hadn't even thought of that or the implications of "my daughter ran away" somehow impacting the entire town/village. Of course, game mechanics, but it feels like it'd be something you could fix. It's already represented in the recruitment where you're basically recruiting with...
  16. Gremgoblin

Which leveling system do you prefer Warband or Bannerlord?

I really like the new system but it seems like I am in the minority. Or at least, I like the way it is intended to work. I like the perk system, I like the ''learn by doing'' which means you can't just spec into crossbows when you don't own a crossbow. It makes sense to my peasant brain that...
  17. Gremgoblin

I think it is definitely in the spirit of the game, now more than ever. And I've played Mount and Blade since the native 0.368 days or whatever it was, back when we only had Swadia and Vaegirs and the black knights. I think I know very well what type of game "core" Mount and Blade is, but nice...
  18. Gremgoblin

It has not been 8 years...

Thank you for explaining. I definitely agree to a certain level. Unfortunately, the discounts only amounted to €10,- off my total. That said, they definitely didn't need to offer the discount and I am grateful for it.. where it hurts is that even with the discount to €40,- I still feel like I...
  19. Gremgoblin

Right, so first of all, I don't think "adding something new, never before seen" is a bad thing nor do I think it's an argument against the thing that's being suggested. Why would it be a bad thing? We have caravan systems but I am not remotely interested in it. Should it be removed because I...