Search results

1. Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 10 - Materialistic Approaches

M&B release source files which should be what the modders use as well. They do have formulas in there. It was difficult to read at first, and it required testing to see what went wrong. But me reading the formulas is still trivial, compared to the full blown mods that people create.
  2. Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 10 - Materialistic Approaches

This brings back memories to when I loved the game so much that I wanted to delve into the formulas. I'll explain why prosperity in Caldaria was doomed to always be low. Hardship Index The hardship index is just a measure of whether or not the town has enough resources. If the hardship index is...
  3. Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 10 - Materialistic Approaches

I don't think it's that difficult to add it to the game. All you need to do is just tweak the formulas a bit. Put in more construction options. Put in more missions. Change the prosperity so that every time you help the elder by bringing cattle, prosperity increases. Or make it so that...
  4. Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 10 - Materialistic Approaches

Hey all, It's been a very long time since I last played M&B. I just wish to ask whether it will be possible to play a benevolent lord in Bannerlord. When I first played M&B1, I did not participate in the large scale battles to get castles. I just wanted to nurture my first village and make it...
  5. Any updates since 2012?

Hey all, I bought the game when it was first released, because I liked what I saw in the first Mount & Blade. Mounted combat gives you such a rush. I last posted in 29 May 2012, and I left the game because I was disappointed that I couldn't play the benevolent lord that nurtures his village to...
  6. Productive Enterprises

Actually it is part of vanilla. The numbers are the hardship index. Higher numbers mean there are shortages of those items, thus driving up the price. It will also affect other things like overall prosperity, lower production of goods that need them as raw materials, etc. Vanilla doesn't...
  7. The Dark Knights

A bit awkward because the dark knights couldn't even beat the Sarranid Sultanate. They got a few lands, but they ended up being eliminated.
  8. Player Suggestions and Feature Discussion

Is it possible to increase the tax that you get from your lands if your relation with the village/castle/town is high? The idea is that your people are grateful to you for always helping them, so they are less likely to evade taxes. This also encourages people to roleplay and increase their...
  9. Too difficult

It doesn't have to be for advanced players. I consider myself advanced due to playing since the first mount & blade, and I am now at the stage where I can take on those roaming warbands and bandits. What got me interested in Native Expansion wasn't the extra difficulty, but features that add to...
  10. Player Suggestions and Feature Discussion

The early stages of the game can be made easier. I'm not used to the smallest group being 20+, surely there must be some stragglers even for bandits.
  11. Too difficult

It can be too difficult at the start. I would like the option to take on looters at the beginning and then slowly level. But that option is taken out. The start can be made smoother and easier. You can make the mid and late game stages difficult.
  12. Playable for Beginners?

Yes I find that in the beginning, it is really difficult. Normally in the beginning I level by taking on looters with some villagers. But I can't in this mod because the bandits and warbands are at least 20+, and the villagers that I recruit will fall like wet noodles against them. The only...
  13. Brutality

It disables the Trainer and Surgery skills. You also cannot recruit from a village normally. You have to conscript them as a hostile action, getting 10 villagers but losing 10 relations with the village. Then you have to bring up the relation to at least 0 before you can conscript again. Long...
  14. [Need Help] Tracking bandits quests; Never found them even once.

Been a while since I played. The bandits roam a lot and could be really far away from the town of the guild master. You have to roam a bit to find them.
  15. Devs Seeking Feedback on 1.15x Economy Balance

I'm surprised the devs are still working on Warband. I thought they abandoned it based on how empty the forums are in Fire & Sword. I did some study on how price index worked. Here is the bug report that I uploaded. http://bugs.taleworlds.com/edit_bug.aspx?id=3070 I will also post the link on...
  16. How do I withdraw my deopsit if the city is taken by enemies?

The city has to be captured by your kingdom or a neutral kingdom. As mentioned by the previous poster, it also has to have the bank built if it was razed in a previous battle.
  17. What are the developers doing?

It's been years since the first M&B game, and I do wish for more professionalism. Take a look at Terraria, a game from another indie company. http://www.terrariaonline.com/forum/ They have a few sub-forums such as the dev blog and patch notes, where the devs often post to gather feedback...
  18. Attacking cities and strongholds

You can get Lords to follow you into battle if your relationship with them is high. But be sure to be fast in laying siege to strongholds, because they can leave after waiting for a long time.
  19. Good and Bad of WFaS - What are your thoughts?

I highly doubt it. It is already December. I created a thread in October that you posted in. http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,200266.0.html It has already been nearly 2 months, and I safely assume that Fire & Sword hasn't even been patched once during that period. The last patch...