Search results

1. LaPache

EU Native Battle Open Plans for the future tournament

We all know a FL league is not the most competetive tournament. That's why I think the timing is perfect. It will be during summer where many people will be gone throughout the tourney either way. Perhaps we can increase the team size to 14 or something. It's just a small tourney to get us through the summer.
    @Fietta Also the last FL went quite decent tbh.
  2. LaPache

im not talking replacements wise, and if sb leaves the team ban him from the next tournament(s)
    If this was the case we would have atleast 30 banned players. But that won't happen because some of the banned players are also friends with whoever will host.
  3. LaPache

EU Skirmish Open Beast 8 Sign ups

Aeronwen ASKED for hosts HERSELF. When people said "UHHHH I HOST" she didn't respond. Don't know what's so hard to understand about that.
    Yes I'm aware my respone was mostly related to the people who said "Aeronwen stop hosting beast, let others take over"
  4. LaPache

EU Skirmish Open Beast 8 Sign ups

So I really don't see where I am accusing anyone here. I never demanded a tournament, I only said that it's kinda weird to say "You could have hosted one yourself" when people that actually came forward to host one, got blanked.
    By came forward to host one you mean take over BEAST from Aeronwen? I would have declined them aswell. Aeronwen hosted 7 BEASTs in a row, putting in a ton of work for the community. You just have to understand that BEAST is Aeronwen's tourney and there is a good reason why it has a good reputation among most of the community. And you simply expect her to let all of that go and let others like Popo who has absoluteley no experience in hosting tournies or biased/toxic DM admins take over? The only thing that would do is ruin the good name of BEAST and it's reputation. Anyone is welcome to host their own tourney and build a name for themselves. And I'd say there was plenty of time to build up your own project. Ofc it is always convient to use the work of others because you simply lack the expertise or will to build up your own project.
  5. LaPache

fantasy league format is one of the easiest ways to ensure there wont be stacked teams imo, just dont allow people who didnt sign up on time to join in if a team lacks players
    You clearly haven't played many fantasy league's. There are tons of drop outs everytime. Because their team isn't performing well or simply because they decide to be little *****es about it. If that happens it usually happens with multiple people on the same team and of course these free slots have to be filled by new players to ensure that the team can still play and that the tourney can keep going. Just replacements always have to be fair and reasonable. They always have to be either equally good or if that isn't possible a little worse, never better in terms of skill. In that case it should always be the person that fits to the team best, looking at past mercs fantasy league's there were admins who were good at it and a little biased admins :smile:
    That's why it's a casual summer tourney.

@V1ncent oh yeah I didn't realise, you can see who voted so Ronny will have to delete those people that voted multiple times.
  6. LaPache

poll probably doesnt make sense, it should say 6v6 team tournament, 8v8 team tournament, 6v6 fantasy league, 8v8 fantasy league or JUST team tournament / fantasy league without specifying numbers, because right now you are splitting the vote which makes it seem like people prefer a fantasy league over a team tournament when really people that prefer team tournaments are just split between 8v8 and 6v6
    There literally is no reason to host a 6v6 fantasy leauge. Because the player signups are always way bigger than the captain sign ups and 6v6 fantasy league just wouldn't have enough captains. I'm sure Ronny is taking the split of 6v6 and 8v8 on the clan tourney thing into account.
    During summer a lot of people will be gone throughout the tourney, so a more casual tourney (fantasy league) could be a good option Imo.
  7. LaPache

New Season of Beast?

I want to be admin so the people in community can actually rely on someone they know and someone that truly plays this game.
    I do not expect to "gain" anythining from it.
    I do not understand why you assume that the first i want to do is abuse my powers or do something with it.
    Varadin is actually a very mature person tbh. I know he isn't from AE but he could be a good addition.
  8. LaPache

New Season of Beast?

This idea is perfect. Let them take care of themselves! Since they obviously don't give a **** about the rest of the community and just spit downwards anyway, keeping them completely seperate from the rest so the others can actually enjoy their tournament is a nice idea! Let's also disable promotion into and out of Division A completely alongside it. Two seperate BEAST winners, the Winners of the Toxic and the Division B winners! ?
    Right! Let's have Hairless, Jufasto, Gotha, Popo and Spooky as admins for div A! They'd make a great team!
    I don't think it's necessary to have this discussion again.
    It's not part of the base game so it's forbidden by our rules.
    The main argument for it seemed to be that it's not an unfair advantage because it doesn't do much.
    But if it doesn't do much why not just play without it?

About the referees:
    Most matches are played on Sunday or Saturday. If there were only 5 matches on a Sunday we'd need 10 seperate referees.
    So for 5 matches there is a minimum of 70 occupied players - and often we have even more matches. Our community isn't that big and teams generally already have issues to schedule one match per week.Then you'd need to look for fair referees with a good understanding of the rules. For an obvious example you can't have Hairless be a referee on an RM match. That's a conflict of interests. Also keep in mind that a lot of people wouldn't even be interested in refereeing.
    Also how much power should a referee have? Should they be able to make decisions on the fly? What if two referees watching one match disagree with each other?
    Also a referee can only watch one stream so whatever happens offscreen.
    I honestly understand why people want it and I can also see some of it's perks but I just don't think it's the answer to all the problems people make it out to be. But I obviously I also know that there is problems with our decsionmaking so far- most importantly that our process is really slow.
    Ref's would mostly work for knockout matches and ofc they'd have to be respected by the community to be nonbiased so definitely not from RM or DM.

I like the idea of a battle tournament.
    But I just don't think we have enough custom servers to host all the matches on one day. Maybe in the future though.
    Gotha could probably host enough servers but first TW has to fix the mode itself.
  9. LaPache

[WLL] Finals & 3rd Place

LEGION 11-4 Free Thinkers ggs!

Pity about the ddos attacks which ruined Lag_Queen's stream. Some people really just want to ruin other people's fun. Also thank you for sticking to the arranged time despide it's complications with it. Also a big thank you to Ronny, Potesty, Roberto and yami for hosting this tourney.
  10. LaPache

New Season of Beast?

Why would it be a hude use of resourses? 2 guys that would spectate most controversial matches?
    Adding refs is definitely a good idea to make sure that all teams are playing by the rules. I highly doubt there would be enough refs for every match to be covered but a few matches is better than no matches. And at least very important matches could be covered that way. Just not entirely sure if forcing them to watch in the discord (especially when nobody is able to stream) or waiting for TW to finally release a Spectator feature would be the right option.

@TheBard ✂ Please don't go insane :sad:
  11. LaPache

New Season of Beast?

Well, if Neena is also not hosting anything, there is nothing impeding the start of another BEAST.
    No, only bad memories of the last one really.
  12. LaPache

New Season of Beast?

Back when I initially posted a little poll on HINQ Discord I think the feedback was overwhelming in favor of a new tournament, also a Skirmish tournament.

BEAST as of now offered a high quality and well managed tournament free of any charge and easy to get in since for every skill level there is a division, just the recent two seasons were filled with drama created by a loud minority of top players.

Edit: Don't even bother to ask me to admin it btw.
    I would much rather see a Battle Tournament. Still waiting on a big patch for that.
  13. LaPache

[WLL] Semi Finals

LGN 10 - 6 Wonwokie
    GER 2
  14. LaPache

[WLL] Team Rosters

Not sure if you guys are aware but Kane is on holidays and he won't be back before the tourney ends. I'd say that is a valid reason for a removal. Genereally removing capped players is dumb but there shouldn't be double standards when it comes to removing players.
  15. LaPache

Ranked fix

Even this wont fix the issue since theres no penalty for dodging. People will just leave the queue until they end up with their partners to get easy games.
    oh yeah ofc there should be a penalty for dodging. It's common knowledge just not for TW.
  16. LaPache

Ranked fix

Force everything into solo/duo and punish warmup leavers. I LOVE BANNERLORD!
    make one solo/duo and one 3+ (or only make one ranked gamemode as game is dead anyway lol)
    What is the point in a ranked gamemode when there are only like 2 games at the same time at most anyway?
  17. LaPache

Voices from the Community

I think waiting on the new Battle update and then giving a small 8v8 or 6v6 batttle tourney a shot would be fun.
  18. LaPache

Creating 1v1 Inf/Duel MM & 2v2

I feel like there are lots of players on matchmaking who would participate in a tournament if they knew it was happening. What struck me about the WLL is that it's practically quite hard to find on the forum. There are lots of native players who if exposed to the idea of a native tournament would most likely want to participate. Take for example Last Hope (LH), a clan on TG_Arena (which is very popular). They haven't even heard of the WLL or MM. But to clarify, I think there are players on MM who do not know about the WLL. In other words, MM is respected. Although people regularly lament its toxic culture, this toxic culture is natural to matchmaking in any game. Look at CS:GO or Valorant. All I'm saying is MM carries with it an air of legitimacy, so creating an 'MM' tournament, by just sponsoring it and using it in the tournament's name (you could even recruit a brand new administration if the current MM administration didn't feel up to it - they would be able to choose who ran the tournament as the tournament would run the risk, if a failure, could make MM look bad (whatever that means). I also think to go a step further, you could use the software that MM currently uses to run the tournament. A radical suggestion, I know. But it'd be interesting if the software, which is so efficient, and used it in this hypothetical MM tournament. It would make tournament's run more smoothly. For example, you would lose the really boring bit where team's are sorting out their drops. It's all automatic you see. The team's join MM (I'm sure the software would have to be altered which I'm not expecting anyone to want to do but I wonder by how much - in other words, it might not be difficult to make the software tournament-friendly). You could host a short 6v6 tournament that tests this out.
    All tournies are announced on the MM website featuring a massive banner. People don't particapate in these tournies because they are to competetive. Yes they are hard to find but that is mostly on TW for not allowing us to use subboards on the forum and instead forcing us to use their stupid groups.

But yeah, imagine teams just showed up, the servers would know when to appear, when to start the match, if a team didn't show, or didn't have enough players, the software would be programmed to pick this up (as it already does) and boom, the other team get the default. The match is cancelled. I just feel like the whole **** about needing individual admins, only one or two people knowing what server the match is taking place on, figuring on drops when the actual official is taking place (this should be perfected beforehand - teams would quickly acclimate to this) - no big pauses between sets - all just more efficient - more smooth - and all through MM and hosted by MM. With MM's name in the tournament such as - The Warband Competitive League, Sponsored by Matchmaking and run using our Matchmaking software - I would provide a moderate prize pool - it would be 6v6 - ruthlessly efficient - prioritising smoothness - we could also advertise the tournament on TG_Arena, Persistent Kingdoms and Siege - it would be programmed so that like it is now, anyone can just make an account, find a team, etc. I don't know. What do you think?
    Like I said there is already a website featuring an automatic tourney system similar to the MM one if people really cared they'd be using it.
  19. LaPache

[WBMM] Discussion & Suggestions

I am not an expert, but if the DDoS protection does not work, a service provider may start legal action regarding attacks on its infrastructure, which is punished under the EU law. There is MerlinZ who was infamous in the community for DDoSing other Warband servers, but he apparently had been convicted in the UK before for doing the same thing.
    Issue is Warband Servers can't withstand ddos attacks as they are very outdated. Yes ofc you can always sui the person responsible but good luck finding actual proof. Lots of bots attacking the servers is not enough. And Turkey is not in the EU which makes it even more difficult.
Top Bottom