Search results

1. Antonis

Yarn of insignificant questions

Since you wrote that, I want to ask an insignificant question about a capital letter. I always try to follow the rules I know of when writing something but some people here have forum names not starting with a capital letter. Like, mexxico who was a developer or stevepine, a forum user.

So how do you approach this when writing their names? I mean, when you want to mention mexxico in a post, do you write his name with a capital letter like Mexxico or you stick to the original and write mexxico.

I prefer to stick to the original but I always had this question as an insignificant thing in the back of my head. So what do you guys think?
    For usernames or any other kind of nickname, company name etc. I always go with the original, capital or small case. I don't think grammar rules apply here, and NPC99 is correct, since the person chose this name, however he spelt it, it would be silly to alter it, to give a semblance of following the rules.
    An exception would be Monty, because I could never really remember the exact spelling of his name, Amontadillo or what not (I always assumed it was from Poe's story, but paraphrased), I "learned" him as Monty, and I can't be arsed to write the full new username. :razz:
  2. Antonis

Gekokujo: Submods (Announce, Release, Comment, and Suggest)

You don't really want to play with 3.1, though. Version 3.0 is objectively the best, most stable and performance friendly.
  3. Antonis

TaleWorlds News: New News Necessary for the OT Neophytes

I know for certain that they took down a series of planned lectures on Russian lit in the university of Crete, the ministry of culture cancelled forcefully the Bolshoi ballets, I think the Swan Lake, this year. I'm from Greece, obviously.
    As for the more recent wars, except that last one, as portrayed by the media and of course, the government, here: "yeaaaah, the war is bad, heavy losses on both sides, but maaaaaaybe these people who got invaded had it coming. Anyway, onto other news."
    In this instance, the war played almost 24/7, now it has died down a bit. Still big news, but less so. And of course, very one-sided opinions.

So, you'll have to excuse me if I don't really trust what I'm reading by the media. Maybe it's different elsewhere, but I have learned to distrust anything I see or read portrayed as "the truth".
  4. Antonis

Mildly, aye. But I think that should be about the limit. It's a fine line between arguing and **** flinging, and lately, in these boards, there's more of the latter than the first. And again, we are not doing anything than recycling what each one reads on his medium of choice, ultimately.
    My apologies to anyone I offended or could have been offended by anything I said, but yeah. Ultimately, I just got no beef in this fight.
  5. Antonis

Hey, I think it might maybe have something to do with this recent thing that is happening. You must have heard, you know, how Russia attacked another country with its full military might. For a territorial conquest, I might add. Crazy, I know!
    Yes, thank you, that is something that escaped my attention completely. You do realize that I ranted exactly about that, right? How this unwarranted invasion was vilified by everyone in the cultured West, in a propaganda war of epic proportions and quite frankly, ridiculous counter-measures, devoid of any significance to the actual people who should be blamed (yes, I'm sure Putin was severely butt-hurt that Russia can't take part in the cringe-fest that is called Eurovision or that the Uni of Athens doesn't give lectures on Tolstoy; that showed the guy).

And at the same time, NATO has escaped "attacks on another country with full military might, for a territorial conquest" with excuses like "but they had WMDs/they were communists/they were terrorists/they threatened liberty and freedom! I swear!". Of course, those were attacks on Afghans, Arabs etc. That might have something to do with Europeans not really giving a ****, I think.

Of course, now the theatre of war is Europe, the "victims" are Europeans, and it is the old "us vs. them" thing.

Still, it's not like we will end the war or solve anything here, in this forum. If anything, this whole thing shows that we don't need valuable targets to bicker and be dicks to each other. We're quite capable of doing it over people not agreeing with us, in silly arguments over events and situations not even remotely controlled by us or affecting us.

EDIT and TL;DR: As I finished that, I realized how asinine it is to argue for such things on the Internet. "We've done it, everybody, we solved the problems of the universe, just because that guy and that guy 4 or 5 nations away *****ed for some time in a game forum."
  6. Antonis

You're obviously a bit biased. Other than that, a (seemingly) Czech video, with sad music, showing (one instance of, followed and preceded no doubt by others, but absolutely not of a period, say, of about 400 years) people deported and admittedly on their way for a slower or quicker "disposal"? Yeah, it's not like anybody (Britain, in our example) moved huge numbers of Native population across huge distances, to use as slaves (figuratively and/or literally). Or kindly exterminated them, in a global, and not national scale. Oh, wait.

Be real. I get you are angry over the Russians, as someone from a country that had experienced their behaviour (although, it must be said, of a different political system and of government; let's not compare Stalin with Putin), and I'll give you reason to, nobody would claim them being angels or even decent in their use of power, ever (much like, surprise-surprise, any nation having global power). But as an outsider (and I don't have a problem saying that no, it doesn't personally affect me, I'm many countries away; I'm saddened for every loss of life, but in the end, don't I continue my day as if nothing happened?), I cannot help but comment and even be a bit frustrated when there's an apparent and huge wave of hate against Russia and for some reason, anything connected to Russia, of any period (there are even Russian literature subjects taken down from Universities, ballets cancelled etc.; yeah, good job on being objective and on the side of righteous, West). The "West" and NATO, especially, have about the same or more on their belt, when war crimes are concerned, in the past ~30 years, alone. But somehow, they get away, or almost, scot-free.
  7. Antonis

I'm not super serious here, but come on.

how the UK is comparable to central and eastern Europe in regards to its experience with authoritarianism
    Yeah, of course they are not comparable. Britain was objectively worse in every level imaginable.
  8. Antonis

Aw, ****. MadVader beat me to it. Well, it should be obvious that I didn't mean that ALL Ukrainians were Nazis; that would kinda be ridiculous. I got the feeling the guy in the article specifically reproached Musk for supporting the Azov battalion, but I may have misinterpreted.
    Still.
    Not to mention that even if every member of Azov is a nazi, a nazi fighting for democracy and liberty of his nation is ten times better than a decent man killing and looting in the name of a fascist ideology of his.
    Does the Azov fight for the right side? Yes. Is it the most important consideration? Also yes.

Well, a couple of points here:
    - the enemy of the (current) enemy isn't either a friend or a "good guy", in the side of "right"; Nazis (and neo-Nazis, extreme rightists, extreme leftists and any dangerous extremist of any persuasion) are not "good guys", period. That's not even up for debate.
    - a Nazi fighting for Democracy? Really, Ben? :razz:

Whatever they believe, they are defending their homeland from foreign invaders. If my country is invaded, I hope all its citizens will rally to its defence irrespective of their political persuasions.
    That reads suspiciously pro-Nazi. Again, not in the sense of "people shouldn't defend their homes", but somehow, I get from it something along the lines of "eh, it doesn't matter if they are five-star turds, killing people for years just because they don't agree with their religion, skin colour or opinion, because NOW they are defending their homes". Maybe I am wrong and read way too deep into this.
  9. Antonis

You are all crazy, but I love you. I must be crazy, too.
    And Monty, learn to start your sentences with a capital letter, dude.
  10. Antonis

What are you playing right now?

That looks really cool, but good Christ it looks like a nerve-wracking game to play. One little mistake and you'd be in the ditch. Or I would be, anyway, every time.
    Not necessarily. Yes, most, if not all SIM racers can be quite stressful, when played in a competitive way, but you'd be surprised how relaxing the experience can be when you download a few mods (tracks and cars) and just drive around, by yourself. I often do is as a form of therapy, mostly with GTL mods (cruising Bauers Moor and Nordschleife with a muscle car is bliss).

Still, having 20s cars in Assetto Corsa? :razz:
    Shameful way of wasting the game's engine. You can download the HD mod for GPL, have some 20s cars and tracks in there and it will look good, even for the game's age.
    But Assetto Corsa looks fantastic, it needs more modern vehicles, with lean curves and reflective surfaces to look that much extra. Not rustbuckets that do vroom vroom noises.
  11. Antonis

Dating Thread, v. II

Is there a term for a neckbeard girl?
  12. Antonis

Movie Recommendations

I don't know how old you are, but I'm guessing pretty young. Clockwork Orange isn't news to anyone by now. :razz:
  13. Antonis

Oh, well, from what I've read, I just assumed you meant you were just cruising around. :razz:
  14. Antonis

In my country, we wet the blankets of the homeless, and we beat up drug users (or they beat us first, either way).
  15. Antonis

It's weird not to race in a racing game, but just enjoy the view.
    Maybe Euro Truck Simulator is a better game for this?
    Pretty much that. There are games (and mods for those games), exactly for that purpose. To relax and enjoy the scenery, take it all in etc.
    Asetto Corsa is decidedly a racing game, the whole purpose and design of it to compete in races or lap records and whatnot.
  16. Antonis

Doesn't that kinda defeat the purpose of the game, though?
  17. Antonis

Meanwhile, I haven't even figured out (not even half of) the first one. :party:
  18. Antonis

Random Media v.4 (Comedy Optional, Interesting Optional)

Thank God. Don't begrudge me, I've heard (far) stranger things.
Top Bottom