Search results

1. EverKira

Help With Late Game, Questions

That's a problem?
    When you can't get any of the cities because they are clamoring for peace too soon isn't that an issue?
  2. EverKira

Help With Late Game, Questions

Uh...? The point isn't to make money or friends, the point is to weaken the other faction. Battania specifically because they are uniquely vulnerable to raids.
    The biggest problem here is that Raids have a ridiculously oversizerd influence on warscore and they are more likely to offer great peace terms before you can take the town.
  3. EverKira

Does the AI consider what Fiefs you own when calculating war declaration?

I do know that sharing a border with them increases the chance of having them declare war and I would assume that owning a fief of their culture would definitely increase their chance to declare a war on you.
  4. EverKira

Breakable pikes/lances!

I would see a lance breaking much like throwing all the javelins and it would just skip over that slot as though it is empty and you would get the lance back at the start of the next battle.
  5. EverKira

Long Playthrough Mule/Sumpter Horse Populations

we are already looking at the over abundance of various good especially in later stages in the game. Though the problem probably rises from over production of burden animals as well as herding penalty being too resrictive for caravans to move animals around especially mules sumpters and camel considering their low profit margins
    Low profit margins? You can buy them for 28 Denars and sell them for upwards of 200 a few towns over.
  6. EverKira

Hypothesis :

Maybe the "breeder" perk on NPC. They moved a lot on the map, gained riding points, 50% chance to get "breeder" perk which affect mules.
    Caravans have lots of mules and armies may have some ? so the production of those would be growing overtime and ends up in the market.

Where the war horse/horse are consumed (both by the market demand and by upgrade/losses) mules & sumpter horses are just sold. And their demand on market is 7 time lower than war horse/horses.
    I see this, but you would assume that the mule/sumpter horse market would move the animals from a place of high supply to a place woth a low supply. There are markets with 0 pack animals at all. I'm just baffled by it.
  7. EverKira

I was around 11 or 12 years into a playthrough after the 1.64 Beta came out and I started to notice a lot of Mules and relatively few actual "you can use this to upgrade your mounted troops" horses. Hubyar has almost 1200 mules for sale. Iyakis 300 Sumpter Horses, 220 Mules Askar 418...
  8. EverKira

Both in finals...

So you just admitted to beating your wife in front of a large cadre of witnesses?
  9. EverKira

Attacking an Army Sieging

When you start the attack, they sally out hoping to take advantage of the largest numbers available to them
  10. EverKira

An idea and poll about Traits.

As it currently stands, in character creation the most valuable choice in any of the pages is "Treated people well" because it gives you three positive traits right off the bat. It's really weird that none of the other choices give you more than one on that page. That one choice saves you an unthinkable amount of grinding to unlock those traits. I think in all of my playthroughs I have only ever unlocked one trait I didn't start with and that was Daring while solo trading in a game where I kept being attacked by looters.
  11. EverKira

Caravans need serious help in 1.6.3 (Dear Devs)

I guess, as far as understood, they should give trading xp to both the caravan leading companion and the operator, who is the player.
    That given, I would argue, it's ok to have them kinda expensive as you train you character as well as companions by operating caravans.
    Right now, as the trade xp are not granted, from what I can tell, I would strengthen they are
    far away from being balanced. STILL they already train companions in steward, scouting, leadership, tactics. Add trade xp for the player... I'd be fine with the costs, as I feel it would be kinda in balance.
    Just my personal thoughts :smile:
    They don't do steward. In over 500 hours of gameplay I have never seen a companion gain Steward XP from a caravan.
  12. EverKira

Resolved 1.63 Paid in Promise/Giving Hands

I've figured out the issue: some of the items specifically hammers and some of the shields lack a donation XP value

GyftR.jpg

DqbJ4.jpg

9uQr8.jpg
    kfuwf.jpg

oH3Kt.jpg
  13. EverKira

Resolved 1.63 Paid in Promise/Giving Hands

Summary: Paid in Promise stops working if you also take Giving Hands How to Reproduce: With both Paid in Promise and Giving Hands selected, defeat and enemy party and leave weapons and armor. The tooltip over the weapons still shows xp value, the armor does not. Have you used cheats and if so...
  14. EverKira

Roguery

The skill is badly done precisely because it intervenes in a field that is not his own.

-Should be used for some skill related to silent movement (crouch)
    - should be related to the speed of movement when crouched
    -should be linked to the ability to jump smoothly and without decomposition.
    - it should be related to the ability to climb.
    -should be related to the ability to pick locks
    - it should be linked to the ability to sabotage mechanisms
    - it should be related to the ability to have gangs intervene during a siege, or perhaps to convince them to sabotage the doors.
    - and much more that I'm not writing about.

All to insert mechanics of:
    - stealth and intrusion
    - murder
    - lock picking
    - sabotage (in first person)
    - ability to control the gangs and make them perform certain actions (sabotage during the siege or intervention during the assault on the walls).

This is supposed to be roguery, not loot.
    It seems like you are just trying to shoehorn stealth mechanics into an army building and management game. This would end up making there be very few poorly implemented stealth missions that do not improve the game. I don't doubt that you think these would be an improvement but I do not see their usefulness being better than Roguery is right now because it takes the skill completely outside of the main gameplay loop of: fighting, looting, capturing enemies and selling the loot and captured enemies to fund more fighting. At least right now it has some bearing and a small impact on the main gameplay loop. I just want it to level up based on selling your loot, or at least let the loot level up trade at a reduced rate.
  15. EverKira

Roguery

with 150+ Roguery i usually get less than 7% chance to enter an enemy city (to rescue a prisoner for example) so, don't really know whats the real point on using Roguery in its actual state.
    The point of Roguery us to improve the quality and quantity of the loot you get after battles. But the game does a very poor job of explaining it.
  16. EverKira

Roguery

roguery should have nothing to do with what you find on the battlefield after defeating an enemy army.
    So neither the current state of things nor these suggestions seem useful or innovative to improve the playing conditions.

The sooner you stop entering trivial numbers to add farming and grinding, the sooner we will come up with better ideas to improve the game.

The loot should be the same as what deceased enemy units wore on the field.
    Did 400 enemies in lamellar armor die?
    and then you find 400 lamellar armor.

The question is: those 400 lamellar armor would pay too much in the game, so how can we not make everyone rich after a fight?
    Simple: Such equipment must have a durability and this durability affects both their efficiency (armor value) and their sale and purchase price.
    In addition, skill smithing could be taken into more consideration by virtue of the addition of these mechanics.
    In short: after you collect badly made armor, maybe, if you have blacksmith skills or if you have many blacksmiths, you can put them back in order (spending money and time) and resell them at a higher price, earning a little.

SMITHING SKILL, EQUIPMENT DETERIORATION and MAINTENANCE system, PRICE BALANCE.
    The economy in this game is already broken. Unless upgrading troops included actually purchasing the gear necessary for the new unit, you would be flooding the world with gear that is currently overpriced beyond what the economy would be able to bear. Defeating a group of forest bandits would net you bows worth 263,000 denars. It's not sustainable. Warband had a Looting skill and that worked because it was a party skill so you could designate a companion as the lootmaster and get good stuff. Right now the casual players don't understand why Roguery is important and leveling it requires: a) being a bandit and attacking villages, b) being a bandit and attacking caravans or c) selling a boatload of prisoners in the tavern or d) busting a bunch of people out of prison. Not a bit of this skill levels with the main gameplay loop if you don't take understand why taking prisoners is important even though it has a massive impact on the loop itself. That's what needs to be tweaked, not completely overhauling the loot system in such a way as to break the game.
  17. EverKira

Please adjust the name of legitimized rebelling clans.

Right now, the names aren't just sorta lame ("Atrion's clan") but they also don't fit the existing naming theme for clans of a particular culture and have a mild chance of repeating in longer games.

Would it be possible to leverage the existing themes?

Maybe based on given name (Atrionos, Lekoving, Banu Rutwar, Ulusamait) in some cases, location of the starting rebellion in others (dey Jaculan, fen Seonon), or just pulling from a pool of pre-made customs.

Or all three in some combination?

@SadShogun

Or, TW can come up with a list of possible clan names for each culture that aren't in use. Then this list can be used to give a random cultural clan name to such new clans as this or to be used to randomly give the player a clan name if they can't think of one or just want a random one assigned per the culture that they picked in the beginning.
  18. EverKira

Roguery

Option 10 : Make trading with loot give a low percentage of the value as Trade - XP <---- This might or might not be what you ment with Option 2

Option 11: Make a few "Partyleader" perks that in Rougery - tree that improves loot Quantity and Quality

Then I go for option 1, 10 and 11 ! :grin:
    Option 10 is what I meant by option 2. And option 11 is sort of already in place since as Roguery levels you gain .025% for each level. It just doesn't quite show up unless you click on the i in a circle icon on the description tile and in fact (while thinking about this reply I looked it up and took screenshots)
    T-y8Q.jpg
    This is the final skill that gives more loot for every skill point over 200 unlocks at 275.

f-8c2.jpg

And this is the 225 leader perk that decreases the sale penalty for weapons.
  19. EverKira

New Clan in Sturgia?

Not a bug, a legitimized rebel clan.
    In my 400 hours of gameplay, I have never seen a rebel clan become part of a kingdom and get a castle as a fief.
  20. EverKira

New Clan in Sturgia?

Headed into Sturgia to do some horse trading and I see a banner I have never seen before. At first, I thought Raganvald must have died and someone else took over Sturgia, getting the Sturgia banner. I checked, Raganvald still lives. Instead there is just a new clan, named the oh so inspired...
Top Bottom