Search results

1. In Progress Scene Editor Invisible and Bugged Terrain Paint Layers on 1.6.2

Forwarded to the QA team for further investigation. We will reach out again if we need more information. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!
    Tried making a new scene on 1.6.3 and it's the same problem
  2. In Progress Scene Editor Invisible and Bugged Terrain Paint Layers on 1.6.2

Summary: When testing a scene in-game, only the base terrain paint layer is every visible, nodes that are nearby the player are completely invisible when viewed at certain angles, nodes that are far away sometimes show a saturated version of the base layer. This is new to 1.6.2 and scenes that...
  3. In Progress Scene Editor default_empty Material Causes Crash

Were you able to see the crash uploader tool? If you can upload your crash to us we can check it out. Please don't forget to copy the Crash ID and write it here so that we can find it.
    More info about the crash uploader tool can be found here.
    Have you checked out these threads about our Crash Checklist and Common Issues and Workarounds? They can help you find a solution as well.
    Ok just reproduced the crash. Here's the ID: 2021-09-27_21.27.28_66f5968ed378a45f1874b3e961e5e362
  4. In Progress Scene Editor default_empty Material Causes Crash

Summary: The material default_empty causes an immediate crash when viewed, whether in the resource browser, changing the material slot on a mesh, or just spawning in a mesh that already has the material applied. I use this material in several prefabs to erase some unwanted materials on native...
  5. Discussion Suggestion Modifying The Native Encounter Menu

I'm trying to add two options to the encounter menu for when the player encounters a village being raided and he is neither a part of the attacking nor defending faction. The menu is called "join_encounter" and it is created with the non-serialized listener OnSessionLaunchedEvent in the...
  6. In Progress Scene Editor Crash on Reloading Custom Town Scene in Campaign and Custom Battle

Summary: Been experiencing a crash for a custom town scene I made. The scene loads fine when the player first enters the town and the player is spawned in at `sp_player_outside` as usual. Everything in the town center works fine. Player can interact with npcs, npcs walk around, shops, common...
  7. In Progress Scene Editor Please Fix Groups

Summary: Several weird and unexpected things happen when making and unmaking groups of scene entities in complex scenes. 1.) if you make one group and then make another group, sometimes the first group will then become a subgroup of the second group; 2.) ungrouping sometimes causes a crash; 3.)...
  8. Scene Design Contest

I too would enjoy some feedback. I'd especially want to know how y'all found the gameplay for my scene!
  9. Scene Design Contest

Forum username: Space_Pot8to
    Scene name: Dun Fada
  10. Discussion Scene Editor More info on implementing scenes and getting them working

To work your scene into the world map you need to do the following:
    1. In your module folder create a folder called 'ModuleData'
    2. Go into the '..\Modules\SandBox\ModuleData' folder and copy the 'settlements.xml' to your module's 'ModuleData' folder
    3. Open 'settlements.xml' in some text editor and search for the settlement whose scene you want to override.
    4. Then replace the 'scene_name' attribute with the name of your scene. For example from this:
      XML:
      <Location id="village_center" scene_name="battania_village" />
      to this:
      XML:
       <Location id="village_center" scene_name="my_scene" />
    As for more detailed guides head over to https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?forums/documentation-tutorials.753/, or search YouTube for Bannerlord scene editor guide and you should find a few videos.
  11. Resolved Scene Editor Some nodes won't render terrain paint

[Update] Fixed (for now). Not sure exactly what fixed this problem , so I'll list what I think might have fixed it.
    1.) Most likely an update fixed the issue. I don't think there are patch notes for the scene editor so I can't know for sure, but that TaleWorlds fixed it themselves is most likely.
    2.) Under the ''Shaded" dropdown menu on the main scene editor screen there are a few debug operations. I clicked through a few of them and after doing so, the test missions now properly render terrain layers. These should just indicate a problem, but maybe they fix problems too.
    3.) I've gotten lucky somehow and tomorrow when I load the scene the problem will come back for unknown reasons.

Whatever fixed it I'm just glad that now I can run the test missions without my eyes bleeding. Here's proof that at least for me the bug is fixed:

12. Discussion Scene Editor Some debugging questions

This is also I bug (I hope), but the general question is what is the appropriate way to do terrain layers? Intuitively, layers should go from least height to greatest height. For example soil -> gravel -> grass. But for some reason doing it the expected way causes some nodes either not to render...
  13. Resolved Scene Editor Some nodes won't render terrain paint

[Update] So I exported the heightmap from the scene I've been working on into a blank scene to start over, redid all the terrain layers, except for the roads, and still the problem persists. This video should help explain what's happening.

Video description:

Something weird is going on with the terrain layers. The order from the water to the hilltops should be soil, gravel, grass, with rock at steep inclines (30-90 degrees). The layers display correctly in the editor in edit mode, but when I launch the scene as a test mission, the gravel and grass layers are switched, and most nodes only render the base layer. This is a brand new scene, 16x16 nodes, point map resolution and height map resolution of 128, height map import from 16-bit png. Can't figure this out for the life of me.
  14. Resolved Scene Editor Some nodes won't render terrain paint

Summary: For some reason only some of the nodes in my scene are rendering all terrain layers while the others are only rendering the base layer. After changing the water level, removing layers, and changing overall terrain height, the problem still persists and I don't know what else to check...
  15. Need More Info Scene Editor Can't Open Saved Scene Bannerlord Scene Editor

Summary: I think there's a similar bug report here, but I'm not quite sure so here goes. Started making a new scene then get a warning saying that the editor can't load files that are in folders that have spaces. So I rename the folder replacing spaces with underscores. Then I can load the...
  16. BL Scening Can't Open Saved Scene Bannerlord Scene Editor

This has happened a few times now and is really getting annoying. I go in to do some work on a scene, make a successful save, come back a few hours later and trying to open the scene crashes the editor. I remember having to change the name of the folder that the scene is in to get rid of spaces...
Top Bottom