Search results

1. Scuba Steve

Imjin War series by Professor Samuel Hawley

Thought I'd share this here. Professor Samuel Hawley has made an excellent video series about the Imjin War on his YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLJjQDCbTowpTexpfLr0YTVE_92wEV49QD Enjoy!
  2. Scuba Steve

Ambidextrous Horse Archery

I don't know if this will be possible in the game engine, but I really think Horse Archers (well Archers in general, but it's more important for Horse Archers) should be able to shoot from either side of the horse, switching their bow from one hand to the other in order to do so. Some...
  3. Scuba Steve

How to configure battle size in config files?

So I'm looking in engine_config.txt and I can't find any option to configure the battle size. If my computer could max it I would, but that's neither here nor there. Problem is that the slider is very fiddly with trying to get it on exact numbers. Is there a text file I can edit that would allow...
  4. Scuba Steve

Can't find NPC that is supposed to be in city

So I have a quest called "Artisans Can't Sell Products" from Arenicos the Smith. He asked me to deliver sheep to Zerosica the Maid in Syronea. Unfortunately Zerosica the Maid is not in Syronea, though the character list says she's there. Do I have to wander around the whole city talking to...
  5. Scuba Steve

Controller is vibrating every time I attack or get hit

So I'm playing with mouse and keyboard, but I also have a controller plugged into my computer. I tried setting -noforcefeedback in launch options but that doesn't work, and there seems to be no option in game to disable it. I know Warband you could do it in rgl_config with...
  6. Scuba Steve

SP Oriental [WB] Three Kingdoms Mod (Interest Check)

Hello everyone, I am in the process of doing a bunch of research and prep for a mod set during the Three Kingdoms period in China. My aim is to be "Historically Accurate/Plausible up to and until the introduction of the player". I don't have anything to show at the moment, but I'm competent...
  7. Scuba Steve

Weird issue in video options on modern hardware

So I have a very minor issue with the game in the options menu on an i7 7700, and GTX 1060. The video options at the settings I have them at say the game will run at 38% performance. Initially this was concerning for me, however after running the game, I'm getting no issues at all, and a...
  8. Scuba Steve

Battlefront 2's multiplayer is back

http://www.pcgamer.com/star-wars-battlefront-2-multiplayer-restored-now-with-steamgog-crossplay/?utm_content=buffer30d83&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=buffer_pcgamerfb Pretty awesome stuff.
  9. Scuba Steve

Emperor: Rise of the Middle Kingdom

It's finally on GOG. Go get it. https://www.gog.com/game/emperor_rise_of_the_middle_kingdom
  10. Scuba Steve

Wölfe: A historical short film from the Dreynschlag fencing group

Haven't seen anyone share this here yet. Figured you guys would like it. From the description: 1472 south of Vienna. A family displaced by war is ambushed by highwaymen. The encounter takes a turn when one of the robbers recognises the father as his old brother in arms. Wölfe (Wolves) is a...
  11. Scuba Steve

Is there an OSP chariot code?

So I've been looking for a while to find if there's an OSP chariot code that works well enough that both the player and the AI can use it. I haven't found anything in that regards, which probably means it doesn't exist. But if anyone knows of one, I'd appreciate a link.
  12. Scuba Steve

Expeditions: Viking

Looks like there's some more information regarding the sequel to Expeditions: Conquistador. Really looking forward to this game, and based on what's been written in the article, this is the perfect way to create a historical themed RPG, without entirely disregarding "magic" as it were. Good...
  13. Scuba Steve

Conan Exiles Announcement

I don't know how I feel about this. Of all the things to make in the Conan universe, an open world survival game seems kind of weird.
  14. Scuba Steve

Animated battle standard

I'm wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction here. I'm using the Crusaders Way to Expiation OSP to try and get animated banners that my troops can equip. I tried this on the basis that I've read that this sort of thing can be done with shaders, and the flags as made in CWE use a...
  15. Scuba Steve

Devastating Naue II sword demonstration.

These are some devastating cuts done with this style of Bronze Age sword. Really interesting to observe. Not to mention just a great showcase of swords made by Neil Burridge (if you're looking to get a Bronze Age sword, he's definitely the guy to get one from).
  16. Scuba Steve

Faction naming guide?

So I really enjoy the lore of this mod and I was wondering if there's maybe a guide that could be made in regards to how names are formed in each of the factions. I don't just like naming characters after myself, and in historical mods I tend to make a period appropriate name for the character...
  17. Scuba Steve

The Three Musketeers: The Game

Curious if anyone else has tried this out. Here's a link to the site: http://www.dingogames.com/three-musketeers-game/ Rather basic looking graphics, but it looks charming and on the outset seems to follow the plot of the book rather well. I've just downloaded the demo, and while it's not the...
  18. Scuba Steve

Way to make modifying troops less tedious?

Are there any tips that people could give to make modifying troops less tedious? I'm just doing a mod that changes Native a bit for my own practice and learning purposes, but I find editing the troops to be so mind numbing that I stop after only doing two of them. I didn't have this issue when...
  19. Scuba Steve

How to make pseudo-random battle maps?

So I know how to change battle maps so that they can be individual scenes (or at least according to this post here: It works well enough in this manner, but obviously it's not all that exciting to play on the same map all the time). However I'm a total noob when it comes to scripting and I'm...
  20. Scuba Steve

Reverting Particle Systems

So I've been playing with a mod recently, and the mod maker created a really nice particle system. However it seems to be too demanding on my computer, and ultimately causes slowdown in battles making them not as fun to fight. I want to change them to the vanilla particles. Do I need the module...