TaleWorlds Forums

Taveren
Taveren
The books yes, at least the Robert Jordan ones. really a 'Band of the Red Hand' fan, and loved Matt Cauthon's character (the book version)
Ser Jon
Ser Jon
Awesome! I just managed to recently get the rest of the book sets and started the climb through. Been stuck on Book 3 for a while! lol but I've fallen for it hard. The show was utter garbage. lol
Also, Mat is great! He's my favorite character so far (alongside Moiraine)! :smile:
Taveren
Taveren
Moraine and Lan are awesome. So disappointed how they neutered Lan's character in the show (well everyone really, including the garbage ending which was a complete opposite of the books. I guess the woke community preferred females and placing the story main character as an add-on in the background).
Taveren
Taveren
Not PC enough I'm afraid. Love strong female characters, hate when they butcher a book simply to please a specific agenda.
Ser Jon
Ser Jon
I stopped watching the show by EP3. I was disgusted. lol which is a shame, because everything I thought was well casted...except for Mat. 😅
The strange part is that they didn't even have to PCify the women. They were already in charge of the Aes Sedai and are more powerful than men. Many queens, princesses etc being "strong and awesome". They ruined them all. lol
Taveren
Taveren
It's a real pain when TV executives and script writers aim to "improve" on an well written book. Let's face it, if they were good enough writers, they probably would be writing books not scripts.
And yes, absolutely, Aes Sedai RULED - kings/kingdoms/riulers. And even the Aiel have the Wise Ones who make most 'real' decisions. Men can lead armies, but women decide when.
Taveren
Taveren
They should have opened the series with the way the books did - the flashback to when Lews Therin broke the world in his madness - perfectly sets the stage for WHY men are not trusted (i.e. they may connect to the One Power and go mad).
Instead we got the rubbish they produces.
Back
Top Bottom