Multiplayer Character Banners

Users who are viewing this thread

Hamsterino

Recruit
Where exactly are the banners saved that the multiplayer chars are using? For example, how does the game remember that New_Player got assigned the swadian banner? I always thought it's in profiles.dat, but at a first glance there's nothing there.

I want to manually change the banner of one of my characters (I imagined it's like a simple name change like changing models for a sword) in a mod, but other than the models for a sword, I don't know where this kind things is saved.

There is a banner which is not accessible via character editing, but it's still in the mod itself, so if a character uses it, it'll be visible to other players. You can just not select it when editing your character.

The reason one is not supposed to select that banner is because it interferes with the ''lore'', but the mod's lore consists of two sentences... so, it'd be just a cool thing to have.
And yeah, the file only displays nonsense.

Nah, I'd have been able to do that, but I want it to be visible to other players, which means a simple texture replacing won't do it.

It's called NordInvasion. And you're sure about it? Because the current banner of a character has to be saved somewhere, right? So it'd make sense if you could edit that part to make it a different banner.

That's understandable. But is the information about the banner being used actually saved in profiles.dat or is it somewhere else?

Back
Top Bottom