Recent content by Zyffyr

1. Why Bannerlord Voting is Broken, and How To Fix It

Nothing to add to the discussion, just want to express my support for this proposal (or something like it at least).
  2. I owned it. I want it back.

Kind of along these lines...I think when they give you the vote on who gets it, they should give you more info: It should list how many towns & castles they have and what their current culture is.
    You can click on their portrait in the voting screen and it will bring up their entry in the encyclopedia.
  3. Crafting system needs "pin for comparison"

I too would greatly appreciate something like this.
  4. Hard coding limits detracting from game play

"Game Balance".

I am not a fan of hard coded limits either, especially not ones like this. But...

1)You can get more than 4 parties, the same way the major empires do - have more clans than just your own. Get out there and do some recruiting.

2)This one is a serious pain. I suppose you could justify it as companions being the specific hirelings that you get particularly close to, but the mechanics don't actually support that.

3)They really don't seem to want you making money from anything other than fighting (and apparently smithing).

Fortunately there are mods to lift those caps.
  5. Divorce?

Put her in your party with bad equipment. Place her into a formation that has nobody else in it. Enter battles with modest amounts of bandits. Have all formations but hers hold position. Have her charge. Eventually she will die an unfortunate death in one of those battles, and after a suitable period of mourning (2.7 seconds) you can go looking for a replacement.

This tip provided with suitable modifications by the Crusader Kings Society for Heir Management.
  6. Can someone please give insight into Sieges?

The town I'm assaulting the catapults construct far faster than I can destroy them because of the accuracy. Also how do you construct in your inventory? I only figured out a way to build and then quickly pull them, but the problem there is the game already hurls an attack and damages them before I can pull them.
    Use trebuchets. They both take and do more damage, with the downside of taking longer to construct. "Abuse" the reserve to get all 4 out at once. You will then take out the cities siege engines faster than they can replace them.

Note that the abuse is in scare quotes because in reality you would construct them outside of the cities range and then move them all up at once. Just view the one unavoidable shot on each before you can reserve it as representing incoming fire when you are moving it into position.
  7. Fixing the campaign gameplay one mod at a time.

Agriculture Estate has the wonderful side effect of massively reducing the common starvation problems. Set the estate to auto-sell and more food makes it to the town/castle.
  8. 1.6.1 How do clans actually make money?

Something that I suspect is exacerbating the issue is the AIs tendency to recruit beyond their limit while in a town and then immediately donate the extra to the garrison.

First they are spending money they can't afford to pick the troops up. Then the receiver gets stuck with a garrison that grows faster than the 'natural' growth and the corresponding increase in wages.
  9. Please fix the siege tower climbing issue

What bothers me more than the times where only one of the 3 is in use is the times when someone gets to the top, changes their mind, and starts climbing back down.

I've lost count of how many of my own troops I have shot in the back for that.
  10. Death of enemy lord - is it even meaningful ATM?

Its not just your kingdom, though it does get hit far worse than the others. If, as an example, you join S. Empire you will mostly fight the other two Empire factions and the Aserai and Khuzait. S. Empire will become massively short on Lords. N Empire, W Empire, Aserai and Khuzait will be down a bit. Sturgia, Vlandia, and Battania on the other hand will remain full strength (other than Age and Birth related deaths of course).
  11. Death of enemy lord - is it even meaningful ATM?

So, my question to either devs or data miners/modders who can see the game's code - what are the consequences of losing any member for the AI clan? Are there any at all?
    The lost person is no longer available to :
    1)Lead a party
    2)Act as a Governor
    3)Marry/Have kids

How important those are depends on how many other people are in the clan,and in the case of #2 how many fiefs the clan holds.

For a large clan with minimal holdings the loss is largely irrelevant. For a small clan that somehow has multiple holdings it will limit their future options.
  12. Please give us back the ability to start companion parties while not having them in the party.

How's that supposed to work without them having troops? I could see a "Call Companions" clan action you can use from a Tavern or Keep, though.
    It would work the same way it did before. They become a party all by themselves where they currently are and begin recruiting troops. This isn't some new function being requested, it is one we had before.
  13. What's the point of the NPC personality trait system?

The only significant effect that I can think of is the Mercy set after a siege that you lead. Spare the settlement from pillaging, and Cruel people will dislike you for it. Go harcore on the pillage and Mercifuls will dislike you. Plus, of course, an influence cost.

Other than that, I never notice any differences.
  14. Do you follow orders in an army battle?

My personal preference is to lead the archers. I follow sensible orders, and for the stupid ones I at least pay attention to what they likely mean the rest of the army is about to do..

I have lost count of how many times the AI has rapidly swapped between telling me to "Skirmish in front of the Infantry" and "Skirmish behind the Infantry". Sometimes 4 or 5 changes in less than a minute. Make up your empty mind.
  15. Why do my horsemen sabotage me?!

Friendly NPCs in general seem to be programmed to get between you and the enemy. Since the horsemen have the speed to do it more often you are just noticing it from them. Given the chance, infantry will do it as well.

Go do a tournament where you get a ranged weapon and a melee partner. It doesn't matter where you move, when you start your aim your ally will shift towards your line of fire.

Sit stationary on a horse firing arrows at the enemy in a large battle. Count just how many friendly cavalry slam into you. Watch others charge in from the side and turn towards the enemy right when they get in your direct line of fire. They could just as easily head directly at the enemy, but it is SOOO much more fun to block the bosses arrows.
Back
Top Bottom