Recent content by -zorph-

1. What are all the things that are gone people are complaining about?

Just out of curiosity, WHY are so many people saying this game is a disappointment and that all these features were removed? What was removed? What makes this game "terrible" to some people?
  2. Recruiting?

Hasn't something changed from Warband / Vanilla, I can't recruit villagers anymore? I'm getting decimated by bandits, looters, deserters, and brigands since I'm all alone.
  3. [S] Floris Mod Pack - v2.01 out now! - Old topic

Oddball_E8 said:
    well, as i am now totally engrossed in Fallout New Vegas and it looks like APB might come back i dont think ill make more updates to my troop tree (unless you find a bug or something).
    Besides, Monnikje is coming out with his own troop trees soon enough so ill leave this be.

Ill still be monitoring this thread tho.

Wait so your troop trees are going to be abandoned? Where else can I find an improved troop tree to work with Floris?
  4. [S] Floris Mod Pack - v2.01 out now! - Old topic

I would just like to say that I am absolutely in love with this mod.  I am somewhat new to Mount & Blade, especially Warband; and I wanted a mod that enhanced Native, without being a Total Conversion.  I love all the mods included, especially Magus Troops and Diplomacy.

All in all, I would just like to thank you for creating this for me.  I don't really know any other mods to try out after I beat this one... Any recommendations? (Like partial or total conversions)
  5. Unbeatable Faction

I don't advice cheating, but you could turn on cheat mode and press CTRL + T to see all parties on the map, you can see if they have any armies anywhere.

Once you find them and know what it isn't a bug, and there are people somewhere; you can exit the game and just shut cheats off.

Hope this helped!
  6. New and have a few questions!

StinkyMcGirk said:
    -zorph- said:
    Charlie Brooker said:
    -zorph- said:
    I have like 142 renown because I have been doing tournaments, so I guess I can become a mercenary now; so how do I determine the best faction to fight for?

You should just go for personal preference. The most powerful faction is always the one with the human. (Except Khergits) :razz:

You seem to like Swadians, so keep asking their lords for tasks until one asks you to become a mercenary. Then you can join in on the lord battles which will give you a crapload of renown, so then you can go to the king, become a vassal and get your first fief.

With lords, it's good to have a high relation with them as it means when a new fief is conquered, it's more likely to be given to you. It'll also help if you decide to do a claiment quest or start your own kingdom, as it'll be easier to get them to join your faction.

Ok so how do I become a mercenary? I've talked to several Lords and none are offering me the mercenary option. What dialogue choice do I pick for them to offer it?

"Do you have any tasks for me?"

It isn't clear cut whether you'll get the offer, and the noble in question must be at war.

Ok cool. Thanks a lot! This game is so much fun, but not all of the features/happenings are so evident at first. It's all hidden to us new players unfortunately.
  7. New and have a few questions!

Charlie Brooker said:
    -zorph- said:
    I have like 142 renown because I have been doing tournaments, so I guess I can become a mercenary now; so how do I determine the best faction to fight for?

You should just go for personal preference. The most powerful faction is always the one with the human. (Except Khergits) :razz:

You seem to like Swadians, so keep asking their lords for tasks until one asks you to become a mercenary. Then you can join in on the lord battles which will give you a crapload of renown, so then you can go to the king, become a vassal and get your first fief.

With lords, it's good to have a high relation with them as it means when a new fief is conquered, it's more likely to be given to you. It'll also help if you decide to do a claiment quest or start your own kingdom, as it'll be easier to get them to join your faction.

Ok so how do I become a mercenary? I've talked to several Lords and none are offering me the mercenary option. What dialogue choice do I pick for them to offer it?
  8. New and have a few questions!

Ok thanks everyone for the replies, but I have a couple more questions.

What do relations with the specific Lords/Counts do? Does it affect anything?

Also, how do I know which faction I should join as a mercenary/vassal.

9. New and have a few questions!

So I am relatively new to the game, and I play using Floris' Mod Pack (http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,137590.0.html) to enhance the Native experience, but not change the game much. Anyways, I have a few simple questions that I can't really find the answer to anywhere... So I wish...
  10. Python errors on a fresh start

Egbert said:
    Well, those warnings are used for code the devs haven't finished yet, they won't break your game. Either comment them out like others have said, or wait for Taleworlds to finish the game.
    http://bugs.taleworlds.com/edit_bug.aspx?id=2755

So I should just ignore those last ones for now?
  11. Python errors on a fresh start

-zorph- said:
    I also got the ones about presentation_marshall_selection_max_renown_3, but after doing what eagles_rule_der said I got rid of those WARNING: messages.

Now I still get these and can't find them in the 'module_dialogs.py' file.

Code:
    Initializing...
    variables.txt not found. Creating new variables.txt file
    Compiling all global variables...
    variable_uses.txt not found. Creating new variable_uses.txt file
    Exporting strings...
    Exporting skills...
    Exporting tracks...
    Exporting animations...
    Exporting meshes...
    Exporting sounds...
    Exporting skins...
    Exporting map icons...
    Creating new tag_uses.txt file...
    Creating new quick_strings.txt file...
    Exporting faction data...
    Exporting item data...
    Exporting scene data...
    Exporting troops data
    Exporting particle data...
    Exporting scene props...
    Exporting tableau materials data...
    Exporting presentations...
    Exporting party_template data...
    Exporting parties
    Exporting quest data...
    Exporting info_page data...
    Exporting scripts...
    Exporting mission_template data...
    Exporting game menus data...
    exporting simple triggers...
    exporting triggers...
    exporting dialogs...
    Checking global variable usages...
    WARNING: Global variable never used: tutorial_1_finished
    WARNING: Global variable never used: tutorial_2_finished
    WARNING: Global variable never used: tutorial_3_finished
    WARNING: Global variable never used: tutorial_4_finished
    WARNING: Global variable never used: tutorial_5_finished
    WARNING: Global variable never used: g_election_date
    WARNING: Global variable never used: g_presentation_lines_to_display_begin
    WARNING: Global variable never used: g_presentation_lines_to_display_end
    Exporting postfx_params...

Script processing has ended.
    Press any key to exit. . .

I am assuming that these entries aren't in the module_dialogs.py ("Never used"), but where do they go? I tried searching for their source but couldn't find it. Can somebody please help?

I still need help on this, these are the only errors I am getting. Can somebody let me know what needs to be done?
  12. Python errors on a fresh start

I also got the ones about presentation_marshall_selection_max_renown_3, but after doing what eagles_rule_der said I got rid of those WARNING: messages.

Now I still get these and can't find them in the 'module_dialogs.py' file.

Code:
    Initializing...
    Compiling all global variables...
    variable_uses.txt not found. Creating new variable_uses.txt file
    Exporting strings...
    Exporting skills...
    Exporting tracks...
    Exporting animations...
    Exporting meshes...
    Exporting sounds...
    Exporting skins...
    Exporting map icons...
    Creating new tag_uses.txt file...
    Creating new quick_strings.txt file...
    Exporting faction data...
    Exporting item data...
    Exporting scene data...
    Exporting troops data
    Exporting particle data...
    Exporting scene props...
    Exporting tableau materials data...
    Exporting presentations...
    Exporting party_template data...
    Exporting parties
    Exporting quest data...
    Exporting info_page data...
    Exporting scripts...
    Exporting mission_template data...
    Exporting game menus data...
    exporting simple triggers...
    exporting triggers...
    exporting dialogs...
    Checking global variable usages...
    WARNING: Global variable never used: tutorial_1_finished
    WARNING: Global variable never used: tutorial_2_finished
    WARNING: Global variable never used: tutorial_3_finished
    WARNING: Global variable never used: tutorial_4_finished
    WARNING: Global variable never used: tutorial_5_finished
    WARNING: Global variable never used: g_election_date
    WARNING: Global variable never used: g_presentation_lines_to_display_begin
    WARNING: Global variable never used: g_presentation_lines_to_display_end
    Exporting postfx_params...

Script processing has ended.
    Press any key to exit. . .

I am assuming that these entries aren't in the module_dialogs.py ("Never used"), but where do they go? I tried searching for their source but couldn't find it. Can somebody please help?
Back
Top Bottom