Recent content by Zmyrf

1. Zmyrf

PSA Taleworlds are hosting a community event with the mount & blade subreddit

no the mindset is that reddit = singleplayer

Well the event seems very relaxed and non compy, so it kinda fits I guess.
    It's not something I'd be interested in joining btw, and I get your viewpoint.

I wonder if this forum could have set up a similar thing, with the same support? I'm guessing yes but no one did it, dunno the actualities though.
  2. Zmyrf

PSA Taleworlds are hosting a community event with the mount & blade subreddit

lmao you cant be serious saying that the competetive players are with the reddit community. I'm not only talking about the comp scene either, there's NW the mod scene the siege scene whatever. It's overall a fact that reddit is way more about SP. And then is fine, I don't care.
    I just get pissed off seeing TW do everything a little bit instead if properly working out a fix instead of a temporary solution.
    after 9 months we finally have a duel server. no unlimited money so you're forced to spawn as peasent (not saying that a proper duel mode is needed). Then its 30 slots... why aren't there another 3 server of this by now? can't be that big of a deal.

So essentially the mindset is that reddit = muh normies right? ?
  3. Zmyrf

Crosshair design too modern

The new outline added to it takes up way too much space when the crosshair is so large to begin with
  4. Zmyrf

New faces (1.3.0-hotfix3?)

I'm not being sarcastic this time. I really think so...
    I think there's been a significant improvement over time; we used to have this rather recently:
    8fe4jwtdgwp41.png

That kind of caricatured realism, it's not bad in my eyes at all. Personally, if I had to point in the direction of what I would "like to see" it would be something halfway between the faces offered by CiV VI and those offered by KCD.

724431.jpg
    CivilizationVI_Rome_Trajan_hero.jpg
    CivilizationVI_Greece_Gorgo_hero_6jfD89j-e1476328724740.jpg
    ivan-cherevko-l-9-hair-1.jpg
    ivan-cherevko-l-9-hair-6.jpg
    ivan-cherevko-l-9-hair-5.jpg
    CiV VI​
    KCD​

It fits more to the art style of the game imo also, since it has a slight caricature/cartoon aspect overall. It helps it stand out and look much better graphically than a flat photorealistic style with the same tech. Reminds of Dishonored's style.
  5. Zmyrf

MP Racism in Multiplayer

Go to a bar and insult someone, see how much of a snowflake he is. It sure is easy being a badass on the internet without any danger huh.
    This idea that not wanting to see people get insulted online makes you weak has to stop... What an idiotic way to act toward people.

Exactly.
    It's difficult to explain this concept to them also, that it's not me personally taking offense at what you are writing and hur dur snowflake. I take "offense" at the mentality behind the action, because most of the time it's fake because of a monitor. The offense is more like I'd really like to see you do this in real life and get knocked, and you won't either so the way you fake your badass edgy existence is annoying right now ?
  6. Zmyrf

The Conspiracy Quest is Unbalanced

How do you play just the pure sandbox mode? Is it in the game yet? If so I'd much rather play that ngl. I would hand over all my progress in a heartbeat if I could form a kingdom my way and declare war on who I please without getting fecked over you know...

It's there when you look at the modules, but as far as I know there's no way to get into it right now sadly.
    Sometime soon I hope.
  7. Zmyrf

The Conspiracy Quest is Unbalanced

Yea I don't really like how it works in general. You're forced to either a or b, and then it absolutely has to lead to them declaring a war and it ****s up my own sense of story with my character if I want to make a kingdom. Also the brother being forced on your player lol.

I'd much rather play the pure sandbox mode while all the lore stuff stays in the background without a quest, to build the world/foundation.
  8. Zmyrf

MP Delay on release of attacks

Speaking to new players in the Discord (text or voice) a lot of them say that the combat feels very different coming from singleplayer.

I know that late-game proficiency is a factor in that, but I noticed myself immediately that combat in SP felt great.

A side note is that a lot are asking for tips and there are no duel or private servers to show them - I feel this is important.

Yeah prefer how SP feels too, felt a solid difference in the first battle before any mp. I thought it could be because of the northern tapered sword you start with, since it's a fast sword, but nah it does feel solid there overall.
  9. Zmyrf

MP Suggestion: Replace the class system with something that's actually fun.

Again a list of perfectly reasonable points that an angry community will shout down without actually discussing.

It never goes anywhere because A likes blue and B likes red, that's all you get. It's all facts looping around the same point "I like x" and it keeps going back and forth like this.

Also if something is simple and self evident it shouldn't need walls of text over and over, so how many of these threads are there gonna be with the same endless ****.
  10. Zmyrf

Which leveling system do you prefer Warband or Bannerlord?

Yeah overall I like it a lot even if it's not all the way there, did get put off at first though but fck it I went with it. So far 30 hours in and it feels more alive to play with, more connected to your character's style compared to Warband's. It's more broad in WB, this one gives a better RP feeling imo.
  11. Zmyrf

Resolved Blood feud quest npc becomes "companion"

So after failing the quest the guy stayed in my party as a companion. Thought it was a cool optional feature at first because he could be equipped and everything, but I just kicked him from the clan. Many days later I randomly found him in a town from the campaign map tavern list. His dialogue...
  12. Zmyrf

Need More Info [e1.0.4] [All Known Typo and Dialogue Issues]

"His hamstrung was cut"

MkslT.jpg
  13. Zmyrf

Taleworlds, this is false advertising and you know it

It wasn't about how fast you can move something, just to move it.
    Sure I can move my fist around at wanking hyperspeeds on repeat, but if I tried fighting like that it would be ridiculous.

Same thing with a sword, you can move it like that holding it vertically but it serves no function. Making effective swings and the inertia behind it all that also involves your whole body structure now is a different story. I know there's different kinds of cuts and techniques, and I don't base this on moviez, but you can't repeat that effective move at that same speed on a loop. This is a weird sub-topic in the thread anyways but still.

For example try suddenly transforming that side to side **** into one functional blow, without breaking speed or the momentum - or try to keep doing functional blows at the same speed as the side to side thing. Plus your balance and frame structure would be so off the mark that it's more likely to get you killed than do anything useful.
  14. Zmyrf

Taleworlds, this is false advertising and you know it

Yes
    i like it more than warband.

Sorry man, you lack several qualifications to be able to have that opinion.
Back
Top Bottom