Recent content by ZirzoR

1. Any advice on starting (And perhaps the long-term)?

Lord Irontoe said:
    ZirzoR said:
    Then I use pathfinding/Surgery along with companions that have the same for the juicy 10+4 bonus.
    All those hours and you still don't know that you don't need any companions to get the +4 bonus?

ZirzoR said:
    And if you also didnt know they nerfed the str/agi/cha/wpf elixir in 3.6 so that the first 2 potions are good, but the 3rd 4th etc etc is only half the effect.
    Not so. You get 3 full strength uses of any of Finneas's potions in any combination. So you can use 3 of one kind, 2+1, or 1 of each. After that, they're all halved.

I'll be the first to say that there's no wrong way to play this game,and playing a pure INT character certainly sounds like an interesting challenge,  but this thread is about starting advice for a new player, and no offence, but you're giving poor advice.

No matter what your style of play is, 6 Attribute points & 30WPF is a much better bargain than 2 Attribute points & 2 Skills. Even if you're sitting on the sidelines commanding your troops, you still need STR and AGI to be able to use the better gear. If you put everything into INT, then you'll be stuck with your starting stats in STR and AGI, which means you're wearing crappy armor, using **** weapons and riding a weak horse. Plus you have lower WPF, so your'e kind of screwed when you inevitably get caught up in melee. You'll also level slower since you're largely avoiding combat, so your main source of XP is passive gains from training and what you share after winning battles. By the time you've maxed out all of your party skills, it probably takes so long to gain additional levels to spend on STR and AGI that its no wonder you finish the game first.

The smarter approach is to use the Elixirs to gain as much STR, AGI and CHA as you can, and put all of your points from levelling into INT. That way you get your 2 skill points per level to spend on party skills and still be able to wear good armor, ride a decent horse, be able to draw a bow or even just run away from someone on foot when the need arises.

Also, if you're maxing out all of your party skills, then its a waste to also train your companions in those same skills. Put their points into combat skills and training instead.

Yeah excuse me for getting a single potion on or off the half nerf thing.

And like I said in my previous 2 posts, the first 10 or so new games that I made I played like that, Its way too easy at this point for me and I'm doing some "house rules" Like infantry only, to no elixirs, or no STR AGI CHA elixirs.

No str/agi points at all from leveling, etc etc.

I use companions with the same skills because If I somehow magicly die the bonuses still apply in battle, I keep my companions with archers and they all have shields with crossbows.
    But yeah please assume that i'm a dumbass all you want.

You guys are just trying to make me look bad by assuming things and taking things out of context, Didnt your parents teach you proper manners? Dont talk to me about being rude or poor advice when all your doing is trying to bash me and belittle me in all corners.

My very first post was good advice If he wanted to become good at the game, But then some random dumbass had to make statements and refuse to back off so I had to derail the topic.
    But I probably wont reply to this thread again since you guys are clearly just trying to blame/shame/bash me at this point for being ignorant.

He clearly asked for advice but also long-term (End-Game) Solutions and I told him how I did it.
    Easy enough to understand from my perspective. (Without spoiling the entire game for him)

Have fun Mix/maxing the game the first 10 full game wins, You will get bored quite fast.
    Sorry for being biased and thinking the game is super easy, Let's not even talk about native.

With proper placement I dont need to hit anyone or anything, I have a fast enough horse to outrun anyone trying to chase me around, And I can one shot anything in the game except Demonic magnus's with a couch lance with zero power strike, So again I dont understand your argument of a full INT/CHA build being inferior.

There is no use in talking about gem priority, I've had over 50 gems in a single playthrough, that's well and beyond the amount needed to make orders/potions/Buy noldor troops etc.
    Talking about it just makes it abit meh.

Just splooge the gems on whatever you like, There is plenty of them.

But anyway, Have a wonderful day!
  2. Any advice on starting (And perhaps the long-term)?

Serazu said:
    ZirzoR said:
    Bargian said:
    ZirzoR said:
    I use all my qualis gems for intellect potions to get more skill points.

its a waste, all lvl ups in int, qualis for str agi and char + weap prof

And like I said, I use a commander type character, I dont need str/agi/Weap prof, I already have 10 leadership so I dont need charisma.

Read it next time.

I max Pathfinding/Tactics/Engineering/Spotting/Tracking/Surgery/WoundTreatment/FirstAid/Trainer/Trade/Leadship/PrisonerManagement/InventoryManagement aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand then I can go for Str/Agi Stuff.

But by that point i'm pretty much gonna start over since i've already won the game.

I've been part of the Patch test team, I have over 20000 ingame days In PoP alone, Over 5000 hours into Mount&Blade total, I've played prophesy of pendor since vanilla day 1.

Dont come here telling me how to play my game, When you clearly dont know what you are talking about.
    Sure the first 10 times you play PoP using potions to become unstoppable 50+ strength badass with 100 HP is super fun and all, But after a few ohh i dont know 1000 hours you want to do something else, Maybe should've thought about such things before posting your pointless drivel.

Sorry if I sound offensive, I dont like it when people that've played less then me try and tell me how to play my game.
    Dont try and sound like you are better then me next time and make a suggestion instead of a statement from ONLY your own perspective.

Over 5,000 hours in M&B do not leave much time for learning manners, clearly...

Well excuse me for being born with aspergers, My "manners" Arent top notch and I lack empathy/Sympathy because of this, I give straight fact, if you like it or not is up to you, And if you also didnt know they nerfed the str/agi/cha/wpf elixir in 3.6 so that the first 2 potions are good, but the 3rd 4th etc etc is only half the effect.

Maybe you should read patch notes aswell next time before trying to lecture me.
    I'm not here to make friends, Dont try and lecture me about proper manners when you just shoved a biased statement in my face and expected it to be alright.

Think before you speak, I repeat this once again.
    I train everyday because of my condition to be able to function normally in social endevours, So excuse me if i'm lacking the social skills to not be rude while trying to correct you.

Ignorance is truly a curse.

Have a nice day.
  3. Let's Play Mount and Blade: Prophesy of Pendor

Next time I suggest that you use this https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,162955.msg8216064.html#msg8216064 Just click the little spoiler when you create your character if you know what type of build you want and want to maximize.

But overall like your voice, compared to some other players its easy to listen too, no background noise, nice overall vid.
  4. Any advice on starting (And perhaps the long-term)?

Bargian said:
    ZirzoR said:

its a waste, all lvl ups in int, qualis for str agi and char + weap prof

And like I said, I use a commander type character, I dont need str/agi/Weap prof, I already have 10 leadership so I dont need charisma.

Read it next time.

I max Pathfinding/Tactics/Engineering/Spotting/Tracking/Surgery/WoundTreatment/FirstAid/Trainer/Trade/Leadship/PrisonerManagement/InventoryManagement aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand then I can go for Str/Agi Stuff.

But by that point i'm pretty much gonna start over since i've already won the game.

I've been part of the Patch test team, I have over 20000 ingame days In PoP alone, Over 5000 hours into Mount&Blade total, I've played prophesy of pendor since vanilla day 1.

Dont come here telling me how to play my game, When you clearly dont know what you are talking about.
    Sure the first 10 times you play PoP using potions to become unstoppable 50+ strength badass with 100 HP is super fun and all, But after a few ohh i dont know 1000 hours you want to do something else, Maybe should've thought about such things before posting your pointless drivel.

Sorry if I sound offensive, I dont like it when people that've played less then me try and tell me how to play my game.
    Dont try and sound like you are better then me next time and make a suggestion instead of a statement from ONLY your own perspective.
  5. Any advice on starting (And perhaps the long-term)?

Alright so I will tell you my story of the new game I just made.

I started out with using a "Commander" Type character with max Cha/Int and leadership 7 + book + random god buff + making own kingdom achievement, boom 10 leadership.
    Then I use pathfinding/Surgery along with companions that have the same for the juicy 10+4 bonus.

The first few days I looked around on who was fighting the most, It was obviously sarleon in the middle, I joined them as a mercernary right off the bat, Joined a few favorable battles, Got a few prisoners and lords, even got the king one time, 24000 denars ransom straight up.

I then proceeded to look for tournaments in cities, I usually win them even with zero power strike and lvl 1, The AI is quite dumb, And i've played this game for way too long.
    I then proceeded to shove an enterprise in every single town I could find on the map, also 4 of those you have to do a quest because the lord somehow magicly dislikes you even though he has never met or seen you.

I'm now filthy rich, 100 days in and I've got a village + castle along with some 50 armored longbowmen and good army.
    You dont need to kill filthy bandits, You dont even need an army early on, just run around with companions.

Merc > Take Prisoners > Ransom > Tournaments > Enterprises in every single town in the game > Ask to be Vassal for the faction you like > Get you village pimped > Take a castle > Shove 1000 dudes into it > Take more castles until you can rebel > Win the game.
  6. My Let's Play of Prophesy of Pendor; tips for newbs and veterans alike!

Aldrahill said:
    ZirzoR said:
    If you are truly that experienced how come you get so hetsy of owning a single castle ?  :facepalm:

I'm sitting on a town, 3 villages and a castle, with 3 lords, and i can say, i'm abit hetsy about that ;D wuu.

Because it's Lady Bearington's first castle! It's a momentus occasion! A poor woman in Calradia, rising high and OWNING A CASTLE?! That's amazing, man!

Also, it just felt good because this series has been going on for a year, and it's built this following that almost brings tears to my eyes how awesome it is :grin:

And on that note!

Episode 41:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwwCQcLEpPU

It took you a year to get a castle? dang son.
  7. My Let's Play of Prophesy of Pendor; tips for newbs and veterans alike!

If you are truly that experienced how come you get so hetsy of owning a single castle ?  :facepalm:

I'm sitting on a town, 3 villages and a castle, with 3 lords, and i can say, i'm abit hetsy about that ;D wuu.
  8. Technical difficulties, please advise!

Huscarlton Banks said:
    If it's just from text overflow then you can always tick off showing casualties and damage in the options menu.

or hes getting enough error messages by the mod that the text outright dissapears.
  9. ~2400x2250 pixel In-World Map of PoP

meikaina said:
    yea plot the points for unique spawns?
    At least where they initially spawn.

Cant you just edit the image and write it in paint or something? lazy ;D
  10. Patches.

possible to upload it somewhere else? nexus seems to be down and i cant get it anywhere else ;<
  11. General Feedback: v0.15 (Current: Patch 12)

So when are we going to get a "feedback" on the AI battle formations issue?

i dont want to be forced to use crappy native AI.
  12. Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Yeah multiplayer coop or competetive.

campaign.

nuff said.
  13. power draw and crossbows

Marleyvich said:
    Anth said:
    ...Throwing in some 500dmg sniper crossbow that goes through castle walls feels like a poor way to solve it. Although if the developers go that route, they should also put in some runed javelins with infinite ammo(returns to your hand after you put it through some poor peasant).

You forgot to mention splithead heat-seeking bolts with poison gas in case you miss.
    And yeah, crossbows rule. I would never sacrifice hitting power and ability to hold aim as a foot soloder. And i could realy derail any knight eiter by killing him or by killing the horse. You just snipe few of them and then take out a weapon you like to do the cleaning. Again in seiges crossbows rock as you can run while aiming as long as you wish, and hit right through the sheilds. As well if you carry a sheild on your back you become a turtle every time you recharge - means defenders aren't able to hit you. Just bring a big sheild with you.

Still i do think that crossbows need a little boost to accuracy or reload times, since as far as i get it WP doesn't affect CB's much.

Try a masterwork Maiden crossbow with 500 WPF oo my the reload speed and damage. one shots anything with a headshot during sieges and reloads as fast as a bow almost and i dont have to spend 10 points in power draw ;D
  14. General Feedback: v0.15 (Current: Patch 12)

Is it only me concerned about the AI? in fight i have a huge advantage because they dont do anything they just blindly charge me with a formation, or they just sit there doing nothing, i mean its nice that they keep themselfs in the formation and everything, but it never brakes, they never brake the formation to attack something, the Ranged infantry always charge infront of the Shield wall and its just free kills.

I think something should be done with this because i play on very hard, and they so many veteran units, but they dont do anything with it, its just basicly, i can go 100% archer army and just desimate anything, because they never approach me and if they do i can just shoot them to pieces.

Just my 2 cents on this, and i think its quiet dull AI, even the native AI does better by just blindly charging in with everything they have.

I mean i want to use the Formations AI, but if its behaving like this , i will consider using native AI, cus this is bull****.
  15. General Questions

"If you have two AI formations facing one another then they will often be slow in engaging one another.  If you are that unhappy with the way that the formation AI is behaving then there is a mod option to return the game to a native AI."

Yes but the thing is , they do this when i engage them alone aswell.

its not only ai vs ai, and the native ai is stupid and just blindly charges in, even with formations.

so i dont know.
Back
Top Bottom