Recent content by Zim45

1. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

It's orange.
  2. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Don't Northern Rogue Knights spawn with horses without barding like the foreign ones? Or maybe I was just unlucky with the few I had in my current game.
  3. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

I found them quite decent. Claymores and morningstars, and I seem to recall them spawning with spears rather than lances, which work better in the post charge poke fest (I could be off, the wiki has them spawning with both). Also they often spawn with Ironbred chargers, one of my favorite horses. Mid tier proficiencies (350s in the relevant ones) on par with the Order of the Falcon and just below the Orders of the Raven Spear and Dragon.

They aren't the best order, but especially with a few upgrades I don't find them noticeably worst than most other mounted orders. They also seem almost custom made to have Ansen "join" by giving him the armor you get for rising through the ranks if you don't want it.  :razz:

4. For those who have completed a claimant's quest.

Dorrin I spoke to most of the lords I can find in the field, but even with 50+ relations and 7 persuasion none would join. I'm guessing it's my fault for letting the faction grow so much before doing anything. I was also very surprised that when I captured lords with whom I had high relations I couldn't convert them from prisoners like I could if I were starting my own kingdom.

Brujoloco I'd never even have thought of that, although it highlights one problem. I did not wait until the point where I could destroy a faction by myself, at least for sieges. I had joined my faction early, partly for rp purposes, and rushed when two other factions were destroyed. On my current game I'll stay a merc so I can balance the factions and take it slow until my character is more powerful.

Dorrin That was one perk I was looking forward to, if it hadn't turned out I had jumped the gun and landing myself into spiraling debt while chasing around Empire armies.  :lol:

It's heartening to know it can be done. It sounds like my biggest problem was lack of preparedness. I thought very high relations with most of my factions lords would make it a cakewalk. Instead I should look at it like starting as a rogue king, only without the ability to hire a merc company to ease things or appoint a companion lord or two for help.
  5. Your Custom Knighthood Order(s)! (Possible Spoilers)

Nice use of the Melitine helmet. It is rather sinister looking combined with the heretic mail.
  6. For those who have completed a claimant's quest.

How did you prepare for it? I've been wanting to try a claimant quest for a while and thought I saw an opportunity in a recent game. My character personally owned two of the factions 7 towns, I had 50+ relations with multiple lords and relations in the 30s and 40s with even more, and the faction...
  7. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Thanks!

I'm excited. I never played an archer character this far before and I read Duskfall is a strong competitor for best bow in the game.
  8. Help with a loadout?

Either of the big, two handed runed axes should mulch a shield pretty quick, as well as the ruby runed two handed sword or one handed runed axe.

All of those companions get along. Here's the companion bubble for PoP. http://pop3.wikia.com/wiki/Companions

Those three plus Frederick, Jocelyn, Adonja, Donovan, Kassim and Julia would all get along fine, but make a group that's two companions smaller than the largest possible. If you want eleven you'll probably have to balance a few companions that like each other with those that don't.
  9. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Is there any difference in the equipment unlocked by either Noldor lord for your custom order? I have Aeldarian and am leaning towards getting Duskfall and wanted to make sure I wasn't losing a chance I can't get from Ithilrandir.
  10. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

I believe the former. Still, only one way to find out for sure (hopefully not playing realistic saves. :razz: ).

Is there a threshold of disliking you that causes a Knighthood Order to leave a town you own? I was a little surprised the Order of the Dawn stuck around at -10 relations when I took Valonbray. It's nice, just unexpected.

11. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

I managed to get Leth a single level in one of my games. A very, very long game. I think I'd already started a Kingdom and was running around with companions only to level them up.
  12. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Like "you hear wind blowing through the trees" and then a stat increases. Haven't hit any of those in my current game yet but I remember them in my others.

You could make that 4 tactics with the book that ups it by one.
  13. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Thanks guys. I'm trying to finally focus on a single character and unite all of Pendor (I mean, I've only been playing a couple years or so  :razz: ) and have been worrying about accidentally bumping a skill so high it goes past 10 when I hit some hard to reach achievement like Legendary Warrior.

When it comes to stats I think I'm safer. I'll be very surprised if I break into the fifties in any of them even once qualis gems start coming by more easily (For one thing I plan on kitting out some of my companions with runed weapons).
  14. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

If a book or achievement raises a skill above ten does that cause any issues (like rolling over to one)? Or do points past ten just not do anything?
  15. What is your favorite Knight order?

I always liked the Order of the Raven Spear for their equipment and being founded to protect knowledge (while earning a bit of pay  :smile: ).
Back
Top Bottom