Recent content by Zeugma

1. Zeugma

The Majestic Screenshots Thread

Hehe, pincushion-style, thanks to all these Irvine Archers ^^

From all I've seen so far, the only thing that can stop the berserker is a clean headshot from a Bakiraka Hurler, since its javelins deal more damage in one (head)shot than Gatt's max health.
  2. Zeugma

Can I fix this?

Nope, you don't have to start it over. I had the same issue on my current game (I was a mercenary for Alliance of Paneria), and decided to regain Midland's trust when the story came to the point when I had to be on their side.

What you need to do is to attack non-Midland armies who carry Midland lords as prisoners. Their release will grant you positive relation points (if you choose to let them free and not to take them as prisoners, obviously).

After a couple of releases, you'll eventually have a relation score closer to 30 or 20. As long as you're neither king of your own country nor vassal of another kingdom, you'll be able to talk further with one of their lords, and offer him money in exchange for peace. If they still continue to say "the audience is over", then go on with the Great Rescue to lower your relation score  :grin:

Hope this will help you DoodleZ...
  3. Zeugma

The Majestic Screenshots Thread

Back to... err... in-game pictures, here are souvenirs from Gatts' week-end in Enoch :

Cooling off after troll genocide - "'tis bone through my belly is nothing I can't handle"
    mb2.jpg

Elephant ogre down !!
    mb1.jpg

Awesome model btw  :eek:
  4. Zeugma

The Bugs and Glitch Thread

I actually had the Korven Gavin bug 4 or 5 times with Pamir Vidisia, which I attributed to the game counting the number of bakiraka assassins being with me for 3 months. Since it didn't clone anyone I stopped caring about this.
  5. Zeugma

Any idea about the  "8 reinforced custom plate" bug I mentioned earlier ?

Yesterday I was wandering with Casca as a prisoner in my party (after the eclipse and before her healing). As usual, I stopped to activate the "Ask for prisoners to join the party", from the Camp menu. To my great suprise, the answer read "1 Casca offers to join the party"... I accepted just for fun but she left the night after  :mrgreen:

Isn't she supposed to stay with the prisoners and never ask to join the party ?
  6. Zeugma

the battle groups and formations

In fact, even with formation AI disabled, those commanders do as they please.

If you play as Gutts, then you can only use original members of the hawks (except I think casca and rickert) as battle commanders.

Good to know... that might explain what I have, since I play as Gatts, and my only commanders so far are new characters.

I need them anyway to gather as much trops as possible in my party. Those 300-ish armies running all around the map are bugging me  :razz:

I think they will also show up as Blue colored allies on the battle field, as opposed to green color (their names above their heads that is).

I thought that was completely normal, as allies are supposed to be blue when you join a battle to help another lord, for example.
  7. Zeugma

the battle groups and formations

Looks like when the formation AI is on enabled, commanders won't listen to my commands at all, is that normal ?

I think units managed by commanders don't gain XP, so I've assigned them end-of-troop-tree units only.
  8. Zeugma

I just went through the 3 quickbattles around 500 renown, and I'd like to report 3 bugs :

1/ The text introducing Julius's Castle quickbattle has a mistake in it. It should read "The bolt strikes Griffith" but reads instead "The strikes Griffith".

2/ The ladder at the basement of Julius' castle (where you're supposed to escape to the outside) is unusable, i.e. I can pass through it and I can't climb it

3/ I Because of 2/ I decided to escape Julius' castle quickbattle by hitting TAB (hopefully it was my first try). When I went back to the campaign map, I had one reinforced custom plate equipped on me, my old armor in my inventory and 8 reinforced custom plates in my inventory  :eek:

Maybe number 8 is linked to how many times I have tried the Black Sheep quickbattle or the Zodd quickbattle ?

If that can help, I 've been thrown into these 3 quickbattles right when I was evaluating goods prices in one of Paneria cities (during the time when you're viewing the city from the map, when your party is searching for trade information to report).

That said, giving the selling value of one of these custom plate armors and the fact that I was short on money after buying uber gear for everyone, I couldn't complain much about that bug  :mrgreen: However it would have been kinda lame not to report it  :wink:
  9. Zeugma

Okay, thanks for the explanation BP !
  10. Zeugma

Hey everyone,

I got back on RotB 0.97 after having played 0.85 on my previous computer. The enhancements are great, especially the "armors and horses size" (XL,L, classic, SM) which really enhances game immersion.

That would be perfect if I hadn't this little inventory problem with Judeau. Let me explain :

1/ Judeau intially starts with : Throwing Knives + Heavy Bastard Sword + Kite Shield + Empty Slot

2/ I gave him : Heavy Throwing Knives + Heaving Throwing Tridents + Heavy Bastard Sword + Kite Shield

3/ When I get back to his inventory, now he has : Heaving Throwing Tridents + Heavy Bastard Sword + Kite Shield + Empty Slot

=> The item in the first slot has disappeared  :shock:

5/ Whatever I decide to give him in first slot, he switches back to 3/

Am I the onlyone to get this bug ?

Thanks in advance,

-Zeugma

EDIT : I also got the Magnifico Vandemon bug in the beginning of the game, like everyone else
  11. Zeugma

The Great and Powerful Original Thread

gypsydevil said:
    Damn, Godo keeps giving me that cavalry sabre instead of the dragon slayer, tried a full reinstall but no good.  Any one else have this issue?

I had that problem after applying patch 0.9c over 0.9b (got unremarkable armor, helmet and cavalry sabre). However the restoring of 0.9b worked for me.

I didn't even use the "play as your companions" option, so I guess the cause comes from the patch and/or the savegame.
  12. Zeugma

I've just read the part of the manga when Gatts got his Dragonslayer, just after the Eclipse at Godo's smithy.

In fact Godo does not supply him directly with the DS. He actually finds it in the basement while fighting a (reasonably weak) apostle. How about implementing this "Dragonslayer first kill" in the mod ?  This could be like :

1/ Godo gives player his equipment without the DS (just a good sword instead)
    2/ The apostle arrives (his spawning could be scripted just like reinforcements ?)
    3/ Player fights him but doesn't do much damage
    4/ After player deals a few hits, Rickert tells him to go to the basement to get the DS (meanwhile DS appears on the basement floor - is that even possible ?)
    5/ Player finds DS in the basement and eliminates the apostle

What do you think about it ?

Concerning Ganishka, he definitely needs a proper beard, to begin with  :neutral:
  13. Zeugma

Random Guy said:
    First off, the random spawns White Whales and Heavy Knights; I found the Heavy Knight Goat guys or whatever at about 800 Renown wondering near Zodds place, they seemed to be just fine chilling there with no intent of moving.  As for the White Whale bunch, I believe they spawned at 500 renown.. but I could never find them; still can't.  Looked literally everywhere for them.  I suppose they got defeated by one of the Midland lords?  or is that possible?  Not that it really matters.. unless defeating them is supposed to trigger something; then damnit.

In fact, defeating the Whale Knights triggers the 100-men-slayer quickbattle, wich is nice but optional anyway. It doesn't prevent you from advancing into the storyline. You can still play this battle by choosing it in the main quickbattle menu.
  14. Zeugma

Death3ye said:
    Zeugma i suggest that you start a new game. If this does not solve the errors. Then i do not know.

I downloaded the patch from megaupload and it works but i started a new game.

Thanks Death3ye, at least it made me realize that loading my 0.9b game into a 0.9c version was not possible. I started a new 0.9c game, checked if everything was allright (and it was), then restored my 0.9b and continued to play with it  :roll:

Nevertheless, I still think that the script error with King Alin (when talking to him after completing the Doldrey mission) is a genuine bug that was not due to game corruption. Could you check this out ?

Last thing : the 2nd text screen of the 2nd quickbattle reads "Gambino lost his leg assualting a castle"...
  15. Zeugma

Just applied the new patch 0.9c from mbrepository

I can still play, but there are some annoying things now :

* error messages when I load my game (SCRIPT ERROR ON OPCODE 1300 : Invalid Party ID: 251; LINE NO 29: at Simple trigger no:4.)

* many DEBUG messages show up in the console (such as the mood of the current lord when I meet one)

* cheat menus everywhere : in towns, camp menu, reports menu, lord conversation menu...

[edit]

*just wanted to stop in a Midland village to buy food, but I immediately pillaged it (though I am a Midland mercenary, and didn't order my troops to pillage)

* saw King Alin after the conquest of Doldrey - I've been able to talk to him but I got this error - SCRIPT ERROR ON OPCODE 1062 : Invalid Troop ID : 10000; LINE NO:3: At dialog consequence: dlga_start:close_window.1.

Looks like something's wrong in today's patch :S

By the way, I'm often complaining... but I have to say this mod is now my favourite of all times. I'm very excited about the new skeletons, given what you have been capable to do so little time after the release of OpenBRF. Having the apostle form of Zodd on a battlefield would be so cool  :cool:
Back
Top Bottom