Recent content by ZemplinTemplar

1. ZemplinTemplar

[Sub-mod]1866: Western Mod - For a few years more

Great work.  :cool:

I've always loved this mod, one of the main reasons why abandoning the original game for Warband would be short-sighted. Pity it never got properly ported to Warband, but I'm very happy you're trying to breathe some new life into it and even do minor corrections to the historical accuracy. For us old fans of the mod (still my favourite unofficial Western game ever, no joke), this is a pleasant surprise and a real godsend. :smile:
  2. ZemplinTemplar

SP Modern [WB] Civil War in Russia 1917-1922 start porting to Warband and recruiting!

Glad to hear this mod is still going. :smile: Take your time, Rockwell and co.
  3. ZemplinTemplar

1866 - v0.9.1

Honved said:
    The mod is available from the Nexus website, where a bunch of M&B mods were uploaded when the repository dropped them.

I don't visit the forum that often, so I'm not always up to date with what's going on in the M&B community. I was saddened to find out a few days ago that the M&B Repository is being phased out. A pity, I've learned to like that site. If Enriador's claim about v0.9.1 is true (and I'm not sure about it), then I'll probably avoid downloading stuff from the Repository from now on. A rather sad fate if the poor site's been hacked by someone after the move to other mod download services.

Anyway, as long as Repository crew have long since moved all the contents over to the M&B Nexus, I'm all right with that. The only thing is that I can find addons on reliable, secure sites, and find as many released addons for modding or completed mods as possible. It's always a shame when good modding from past years get thrown away and you can't find it anymore, so I hope they've put up an effort to ensure they preserve as much existing material as possible.
  4. ZemplinTemplar

1866 - v0.9.1

Odd. I don't consider the starting portion of the mod to be particularly difficult.

I usually play a native character, and deliberately give him one of the most underpowered backgrounds available (starting gear includes a ragged uniform and warpaint/traditional dress, Springfield infantry-only musket and a donkey - i.e. generally weak stuff). I still manage to improve my inventory fairly quickly. One just has to avoid larger and better equipped groups of deserters for a little while at the start, then it gets progressively easier. Like in vanilla M&B, I've never gotten caught in an outright no-win situation at the beginning.

Enriador said:
    The .exe has a virus  :evil:

Seriously ?! Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Where did you download the mod from ? Don't tell me the M&B Repository has become overrun with viruses.

I have the previous version of the mod installed and no issues. Haven't tried this later version.
  5. ZemplinTemplar

Perisno Factions, Lore, and Info

These look nice, good luck with the rest of the countries' insignias. :smile:
  6. ZemplinTemplar

Mount & Blade History (2008-2016)

You have a cool accent. :grin: :cool: Nice video.
  7. ZemplinTemplar

TLD (The Last Days, LOTR mod) for M&B 1.011 Info

I've downloaded the enhanced version of the original game, as I've noted I'll do in the previous post. I've installed TLD on top of it, tested it, it worked properly, so I've decided to move permanently to the enhanced version. (Already done.) A pity I only heard about the whole thing yesterday. For an official release, it's so obscure that I had never heard of it up until I noticed the TLD manual making references to said enhanced version.

Unfortunately, I had to part with all my saves and decided it's not worth exporting my characters either. So I'll be starting completely anew in other mods as well, just to be sure I don't have any technical issues between the two different version of the original game.
  8. ZemplinTemplar

TLD (The Last Days, LOTR mod) for M&B 1.011 Info

Even after carefully installing version 3.3 for the original game (1.011), then installing the latest nightly patch, and copying the latest version of the .dll file into the main folder, I still get a messed-up font during startup, no alternate intro video, and RGL-related crashes before the game finishes loading.

I don't understand how installing even the most stable and easy-to-install versions of this mod can be such a monumental hassle, even if I follow everything in the installation guide to the letter.

I might still try the enhanced version of the installer for 1.011, if nothing else helps. (I'm just unsure whether I should do it, because I fear it might mess up my save files for the other 1.011 modules I have in the Modules folder.)
  9. ZemplinTemplar

SP Fantasy [W] Redwall: Vermin Resurgence [Dead]

Been gone for a long time, but I'm glad to see this mod still exists and is being worked on. Great.  :smile:
  10. ZemplinTemplar

B Fantasy [WB] Forodren Auth - Animator wanted

Beobart said:
    Good words. Perhaps we dont need another lotr mod...

Oh yes we do ! :cool: Don't even think of giving up ! Personally speaking, I love the idea of this mod and I'm frankly impressed with the quality of what I've seen so far in the screenshots. Once I finally buy Warband, this mod will be definitely on my To-Play list.
  11. ZemplinTemplar

Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

SupaNinjaMan said:
    It makes the UI read the string names rather than the strings, so it'll be like "str_ui_new_game" rather than "New Game", but it's still playable as long as the string titles are short.

Yes, I've noticed.
  12. ZemplinTemplar

Well, OK. Though I am a little worried since my main game doesn't have the translation to the language that I'm using* applied yet, but I guess it won't be an issue. I'm going to try it.

Thanks for the patience and advice.  :grin:

(* - I'm talking about the Slovak fan translation, available in one of the sections of the board, though I forget which)

EDIT: It worked. Thanks again !
  13. ZemplinTemplar

SupaNinjaMan said:
    Directory/Mount and Blade/language.txt
    Open it and change the en to whatever the two letter name of the language is.

Wait, I'm using the files for a specific mod, not the whole game.
  14. ZemplinTemplar

OSP Modern 3D Art WW1 weapons, scrips, sounds etc. (Updated)

Hi guys !

I've made another backup DL link for this OSP pack, just in case Wolfstar's would disappear in the future for whatever reason: http://www.mediafire.com/?86sggbu6cfwo6cl
  15. ZemplinTemplar

ZemplinTemplar said:
    Oops, sorry. I forgot to add that I'm modding the original MB.

I've looked at OMB's configuration window and it doesn't seem to have an easy language folder switch like Warband. Now what ?

Erm, could someone please answer my earlier question (in that quote) ? I'm not asking for the world, I'd just like some advice on how to activate my translated .csv files. Thanks in advance.
Back
Top Bottom