Recent content by zaldron

1. zaldron

NA_PW4_RolePlay Ban List/ Appeal thread(updated 6/4)

I need an unbannagment, tried to join today...maybe a mistake?
  2. zaldron

Patch 1.126 Feedback/Suggestions

Nothing notable here, keep up the good job!
  3. zaldron

Warband - why a new game?

Crispy129 said:
    dubhdara said:
    I played the trial of Warband and thought it OK (I hope the custom battles improve in the full version and the horrible green texture problems!) and so I put my activation serial number in only to discover (when it was denied) that Warband is considered an "independent game".

I think this is a little deceptive in my opinion. Warband is the same game as Mount&Blade (to which we were promised lifetime upgrades). Just because a new version has a few extra features and is a named version, does not mean it is a new game. This is certainly not the convention in other games, is it? Adding MP and a few other tweaks is not a new game.

Does anyone know if the "old" game will continue to be upgraded?

Actually, it's a convention in other games yes. Ever head of Civ 3:razz:lay the World? How about all 83 Sims expansions they've released? Those are new games. Actually, to be honest, Warband has more features than the average stand alone expansion pack. Why people can't understand that this is a new game is beyond me. Maybe M&B is played by geezers who haven't bought a game since Darklands. I'm not sure. The only problem I have with it is that they call it a sequel when it surely isn't. Also saying it added "a few extra features" seems intentionally misleading to me.

EDIT: Complaining about the value of M&B seems absurd to me. What other games allowed you to buy them for $20 in beta and then receive updates for many years and eventually a full version? Please....

LOL I loved darklands!
  4. zaldron

Forced to run Steam - Not amused.

HA HA! this is what you get for using steam. Discount? or headach?  :lol:
  5. zaldron

www.taleworlds.com is Down

Sweet!
  6. zaldron

Ashwack said:
    perhaps they scammed us for money and then they shut down the entire game :grin:

Ahhh...they pulled a hellgate london deal huh? :wink: 
  7. zaldron

looks like they couldn't pay the rent this month...  :lol:

no but seriously....where is the damn website?
  8. zaldron

What this game needs..

Riddermark said:
    ...is height and width  :mrgreen: yes please! We need 2 metre guys 1.50 m guys, fatsos, skinny ones and any possible combination. Even the best armies aren't made of identical units in height and width (and weight too). Yes weight should be a factor too determining strenght, speed  :mrgreen: Just a dream for M&B2 maybe  :mrgreen:

Id be happy with being able to modify your starting cha in the game. This would be a neat cosmetic addition to the game.
  9. zaldron

Ideas for next Mount & Blade expansion?

GenericSoldierX said:
    It's probably way too early to talk about another expansion, anyway, what would you want in the next expansion (Or MB2?).

I hope the next expansion adds: A Japanese-Chinese-style faction on an island that is actually populated by Japanese/Chinese looking people instead of white people, boats, naval combat, better terrain graphics, a lot more/better quests, more companions, multiplayer navel battles, a bigger map, bigger multiplayer battles, more armor/weapons, better sound, more food items, more buildings for towns/villages/castles, more things to do with your own player-faction.

I'll add a much more detailed explanation of the new faction idea later.

You should work for EA.
  10. zaldron

EXTREMELY PISSED OFF.

This made my night....iv had moments where i was ***** slapped by the computer.....easy to kill hard cpu's, hard to kill easy cpu's....prob over compensating for your opponent.    :lol:
  11. zaldron

Things that have not improved

darkhorse said:
    What I think is really needed in some personal space in a fight. When in a battle like siege people are all rubbing their noses against each other and no one can swing their weapons. Have troop AI tell them to stay a good foot away from each other during fights.

Well werent things a cluster **** in battle back in the day for real...it was like a mad dash for that i-pod, but with swords, axes and shields in a no holds bar fight! they just pushed their ways through the door and the poor sods that were in the front rows were usually cut down until the enemy was just overwhelmed. Take a look at the movie "kingdom of heaven" and you will understand what i mean...here, ill just go one step further for you...It was all about being a wall of sharp, pointy flesh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wh-JGjIZYpI

12. zaldron

Things that have not improved

Flavius Silvanus said:
    The more people that buy the game the better chance for the bugs to be fixed.

These guys are a hella small developer and this game is amazing.

They don't have the finanical resources of an EA.

Support them by getting a copy of the game asap.

I hope to ****ing god they dont turn into EA.......
  13. zaldron

Mount&Blade: Warband 1.10122, unofficial torrent

This torrent has officially saved the day for me, getting speeds of 800k+ here and I will seed for the rest of the month as much as my ISP will let me hehe.

Thanks again!
  14. zaldron

Warband cost discounts....

Well this got off track..... So anyone else out there, your opinions  on the matter?

Also im not one to buy a game like this off steam, I mean im all for steam but i want a copy i can carry to computer to computer that i own without a third party program running in the background...also this is more convenient for modding as you don't have to wait on that program to load, more direct you can say
  15. zaldron

Warband cost discounts....

RockerJesse said:
    DameGreyWulf said:
    Probably because others beat them to it. I mean, the forum's full of bug reports and things that ought to be changed, aye?

I didn't say it WAS a job. I said it sounded similar to. And getting a discount != getting paid.

You're getting awful soap-boxy about this, RockerJesse.
    I know I am, right now I feel like punching a baby.  The reason I am pissed is because I hate how lazy the world is becoming where a gaming comunity won't cough up a mere 25$ for a game that took 6 months of development which is a complete revamp to the original game.  They sound like freeloaders and the community would do well without them.

Yeah, and lets not even get started on people who pirate the game....
Back
Top Bottom