Recent content by Yormund

1. SP Native Custom Banners and Uniforms Pack (CBU Pack)

Works perfect on 1.5.3. I used the previous version with my Sturgian playthrough a while back - the new version is definitely even better. I absolutely love all the touch-ups and changes made to the banners. Can't play without this mod anymore, many thanks.
  2. Anyone else's game crashing after launching it with mods enabled?

I've never had a problem with it, are you using the correct version?

Should also say I don't use the cesars rome tree that comes with the mod, I doubt that's the issue though.
    Yes, the correct version. I also dont use the rome troop tree. I reinstalled the game, cleared all data in program files. I noticed I had a wrong Harmony mod version - not FixedLauncher friendly. Managed to get it to work on 1.5.3. main branch, but only for a couple of battles- encountered the same CTD just now.
  3. Anyone else's game crashing after launching it with mods enabled?

Here's my mod list and load order if you're still struggling.

for 1.5.4 beta

Fixed Launcher

Unblock Dll - Can be done anyway, just make sure they're unblocked.

Load order:

Harmony

ButterLib

Ui Extended

Mod Configuration Menu v4

(MCMv4, MCMv3 Integration) - Included in Mod config menu v4

(MCMv4 Modlib v1/v13 Integration) - Included in Mod config menu v4

Native

Sandbox Core

Sandbox

Story Mode

Custom Battle

ModLib

RTS Camera

Bannerlord Overhaul - Troops and Items

POC color randomizer

Bear my Banner

Houses of Calradia

Ai Marriage

Cultured Start

Army Formations made easy - Includes "Epic battle ai"

TML tweaks mod

Realistic Battle Mod

Bannerlord Tweaks (Updated)

If you want to install any other mods they should be placed above Realistic battle mod and below Modlib in the load order.
    First of all - thanks a bunch, did not know about the epic battle AI and it is awesome.

Secondly - sadly, I am unable to finish any mid to large size battle (300vs250), I get CTD repeatedly. Error log in crashes reads as follows:
    EDIT: SEEMS THE PROBLEM IS WITH ARMY FORMATIONS MADE EASY - works fine this mod turned off.
    I already verified the game files, made sure all exe's run as administrator, updated Win 10 and the graphics driver. Any ideas?

[11:27:28.894] 03 Nov 2020 Tuesday 11:27 Central European Standard Time
    [11:27:28.894] Computer: DESKTOP-GC9L73D User: Maciej
    [11:27:28.894] Build Version: 244147
    [11:34:12.805]
    <##########################################################################################>

[11:34:12.805] #kernelbase.pdb@{5FB214A533D3CB127ADE9F509D0EACAD} (1): 0:147017
    #clr.pdb@{E6F1C82EE82C4F809C338B6F3DB49F82} (2): 0:4617
    #clr.pdb@{E6F1C82EE82C4F809C338B6F3DB49F82} (2): 0:4667
    #clr.pdb@{E6F1C82EE82C4F809C338B6F3DB49F82} (2): 0:4677
    @unknown_module@unknown_source (unknown_line): unknown_function
    #clr.pdb@{E6F1C82EE82C4F809C338B6F3DB49F82} (2): 0:8782
    #Game.pdb@{94C6127659A3453B8E194E6878919D73} (1): 0:975753
    #Game.pdb@{94C6127659A3453B8E194E6878919D73} (1): 0:971518
    #Game.pdb@{94C6127659A3453B8E194E6878919D73} (1): 0:425938
    #Game.pdb@{94C6127659A3453B8E194E6878919D73} (1): 0:38628
    #Game.pdb@{94C6127659A3453B8E194E6878919D73} (1): 0:955427
    #Rgl.pdb@{26DC3ED6C8994F77AB2B433747AF282E} (1): 0:449801
    #Rgl.pdb@{26DC3ED6C8994F77AB2B433747AF282E} (1): 0:4276276
    #Rgl.pdb@{26DC3ED6C8994F77AB2B433747AF282E} (1): 0:4276040
    #Rgl.pdb@{26DC3ED6C8994F77AB2B433747AF282E} (1): 0:4279271
    #ucrtbase.pdb@{A7F4B8B185C8E5D7B315CA78FDE84B06} (1): 0:136386
    #kernel32.pdb@{5F59457780F8DAFAFA895A3DA232A208} (1): 0:94260
    #ntdll.pdb@{422541F75BB2921A229379A0C6B06224} (1): 0:315073
    -----------------------------------------------
    #TaleWorlds.DotNet.AutoGenerated.pdb@{735ED0F010074BBB935433A710D339E4} (1): 100663315:0
    #SandBox.pdb@{15AE3638DFEC4D8B8DA66092935C2A73} (1): 100663327:66
    #TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.pdb@{BEB6BCED3CC448CABAFA2A779248DA74} (1): 100670005:659
    #TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.pdb@{BEB6BCED3CC448CABAFA2A779248DA74} (1): 100670004:34

[11:34:16.819]
    [11:34:16.819] Working Memory: 2974 MB
    [11:34:16.819] Commit Memory: 6353 MB

[11:34:16.819] Page Allocator Memory: 0 MB
    [11:34:16.819] DumpSendPath: \\rgldumpserver.taleworlds.com\Crashes/2020-11-03_10.34.16
    [11:34:16.819] AutoReport: Disabled
  4. is the reinforcement idea still in the game ?

Artificial down-scaling of battles and playing out 100 vs 400 battle to sorta reflect 600vs2400 battle is a terrible idea. While it may sound reasonable in theory, in actual gameplay terms it's even worse than the current system IMO and seems like a lazy, simplified solution to the problem. It results in crappy gaming experience where every battle will be the same and size of the armies will become just numbers on the campaign map. In BL, every unit represents a single individual. Turning that into representation of the whole unit just does not make any sense to me. And no, technical limitations are not the excuse for it. We can easily have working reinforcement system with just a bit of effort, with 1000 units cap on the battlemap. Sorry if it sounds harsh, but I find this idea really dangerous :smile:

Much better solution would be to give the player more options. Add simple in-battle UI screen to manage reinforcements/AI parties and allow them to arrive to the battlefield in force, not trickle one by one. @Hugo_Stiglitz ideas of allowing us to choose whether we want reinforcements or if we want to hold the ground with the current, beaten up troops would add a lot to the battle. If we could withdraw tired/beaten up units and then order them to return to the battlefield later on it could be even better. Battle epicness can be achieved not by sheer size of the armies, but also by prolonging the combat, adding different stages of the battle. Making it a two or three stage encounter, with the skirmishing phase before the main clash happens could also be the solution. How many times do you have 3000+ vs 3000+ battles? And if someone is finding the necessity to play consecutive battles to resolve the huge scale battle tiresome...well, maybe it's time to give BL a rest for a while :smile:?

Sadly, I don't have a feeling this system will be expanded and I expect TW to keep the current, broken mechanic.
  5. is the reinforcement idea still in the game ?

Love the horns/drums idea. Spawns should be located on the edge of the map, behind the backs of the troops as they were at the battle start. Instead of trickling in piece by piece, they should arrive in force once one side is wiped out completely and have a go at the winning side. Let the player decide the reinforcement queue and I think we would have a working reinforcement system. Current one is not working at all, as long as I win the initial engagement the rest is just mopping up the remnants of the opposing army.
  6. 1.4.1 - I'm basically a puppet king and the my lords are voting basically for suicide

If I understood the TW communication correctly, the OPs idea would not work, as this is impossible to adapt same rules for the AI. I see the points of overruling lords not being the smartest move - but it should be player's choice, not excuse for another game limitation. There should be some weight to being a king and it was well represented by the possibility to overrule the majority vote. TW should keep it, put a very high (300?500?) Influence cost and heavy reputation cost on it. Then it makes for an interesting choice sometime - should I go to war with a stronger neighbour or rather face rebellion and put down one of my own clans. If we justgo with what we have now - it seems to me we are going to have a dumbed, simplified system and lose a chance for any interesting internal politics.
  7. Can we do something about the khuzaits?

"Yeah, that is just like your opinion, man"
    Jeffus Dudeus II, King of Strawman Argumentia.

And its pretty worthless,sorry. I know we live in an age when everybody is convinced that their opinion matters, but yours does not as you lack competence.

I am calm as a breeze going through the arrow holes in my chainmail. Also, calling crusader states "tiny possesions" made my day, cheers :smile: you are 100% right, similar how the Roman Empire is no longer with us so it definitely means it was a failure. still heartily recommend reading before posting.
  8. Can we do something about the khuzaits?

This whole debate can be solved with one word: volley.
    You don't fire in volleys to kill people, but to break their will to fight. And as far as I know, up untill WWI, volley fire was the gold standard in ranged combat.
    One exception is the shooting circle, which was specifically designed to wear the opponent out.
    This whole debate is pure waste of time and it is visible as soon as one side started talking out of his rectum. Teh "templers" were not defeated, the first crusades result was nothing short of absolute dominance over armies many times their own size. Denying that mail+aketon had a huge deal to do with that is a rare display of ignorance. Bro, honestly - You need to do some reading before posting some arbitrary ahistorical BS and preaching your fantasies as gospel. Especially in the thread packed with informative and well documented historical info like this one. Start with H.E. Mayer History of the Crusades, its pretty good one.
  9. Will the Banner editor get an upgrade at some point?

Yeah, I'm not noticing any pixelation using banners from this editor. Its become pretty popular, if you look on Reddit pretty much everyone uses it.

Which is why TW should wake up and just add this feature to the base game, add in more symbols, its super low hanging fruit that would impress us all.

The pixelation is more apparent on larger sized sigils. Highly visible on certain types of shields, not so much on the others and banners.
    But it is there.

The whole banner editor looks to me like they are going to implement it late on and it should be similar to the online editor. Most of the sigils don't make much sense on their own, but work great when combined with others. Plus faction heraldry is already making use of those assets. I guess there is still a problem with them working properly - when using mods enabling that feature I rarely experience this weird bug, when the game freezes mid-battle and then the only way is to end task in task manager. Sometimes it freezes the system completely and I have to force the reboot.
  10. Day 227 Sturgia is no more. I did not even lift a finger.

Maybe disabling/decreasing the rate of clan defections could be part of a solution? Less clans=>less armies=>longer time between the battles and less snowballing? I'd bet that in most of those playthroughs, whoever owned Tyal, was joining Khuzait shortly after?

I like the defection mechanic allright but I do think it's a bit too common for clans to switch sides. It does not seem to realistic either. Maybe the clan defections should start only after their homeland is basically beaten, down to something like two castles? The other case could be to try and overthrow the current ruling clan - but for that, maybe it should be a civil war type of event? Major clans vying for power is great, but clans simply going on a faction tournee is pretty immersion breaking IMO. It should not be so easy to just betray your liege.

I'd rather have them happen much less frequently, but maybe on a bigger scale tbh.
  11. Mods

It does. Battles finally last a bit longer,
    Mixing mods with beta branch is risky as it is difficult for modders to keep up with the new content beta presents and the hotfixes that flow quickly on the beta branch.

I would advise doing one or the other. ie. play with mods on main, or play clean on beta. I would guess that mods on main will give the best experience right now as 1.3.1 is a significant step up from 1.2 in terms of playability, whereas the improvements currently on 1.4 are not as large as you could get from a suite of mods running on 1.3.1.

Well, Im 600 days into the modded campaing in 1.3.0. and deliberately decided to skip 1.4 updated just because of how much fun it is. I am playing as Sturgian vassal, finished couple of border wars with Battania and Vlandia, currently fighting Khuzaits and it's fun. It's stable enough. Experienced couple of crashes in battles with 500vs500 (overall battle size 1200vs1800) - the game froze and no crash report was generated. Disabling banners did fix the crash for that battle, though. One has to be prepared for some weird stuff happening - for example every time I want to talk to one of the battlefield nominated companions (Dist. Service does that), it starts with the battle dialogue screen. Need to skip it and try again, then it works. It also means that some of the fixes provided by the DEVS will not be readily available for you, but I am happy to wait for them. In general I would agree with your statement - if you want everything smooth and without any issues - play the main version, not the beta.
  12. Mods

My mod list for a 1.3.0. beta playthrough:
    Detailed Character Creation
    Banner Paste
    BearMyBanner
    CollisionFix
    CommunityPatch
    DistinguishedService
    EquipBestItem
    FightAggressively
    FightingTogetherRelationship
    HealthRebalance
    ImprovedGarrisons
    KingdomColor+UniqueClanBanners
    Matchmaker
    Messengers
    PartyAIOverhaulCommands
    PartyManager
    RealisticBattle
    ResponsiveSoldiers
    ShieldsBlockOnBack
    SturgianArmyRedone
    V'sLogistic_XP
    V'sNo_companionLimit
    V'sNoPlayerPrisonerLimit
    VsRoyalArmoury
    XorberaxCutThroughEveryone with customised settings

Gonna include Separatism next couple of days.
  13. Even more grind to get influence now.

Thanks bro. Interesting ideas, make me want to go full retard on my Imperial playthrough amd reunite the empire.
  14. Even more grind to get influence now.

their nerf was too harsh, it is 10 times lower, I'd have tried something less desperate, like 0.2 to 0.25. But, then again, people seem to love nerfs because they refuse to restart campaigns, they keep the save file from version -50130.32103 to this date... Of course you'll have nothing to spend the influences upon, and it's obvious you'll not notice how difficult it becomes to grind for influence with such a nerf. AI is addicted to passing policies that handicap players that have just joined a kingdom (not all of them, mind you) and you'll basically be struggling with a negative influence per day until you either level up enough (the Charm ****ty policy) or has accumulated enough influence sources.

Yes, it's annoying, and also yes, it can be "beaten". To me, grind is nothing more than a time sink. Personally I prefer to sink less time into trivial things, hence I do miss any sort actual of strategy in BL, and find the grind to be unrewarding, pointless even. If you ask me what I'd prefer to do in BL I'd probably say "not play it", but, since I'm idle due to the ****ing covid thing, I just do it out of boredom, so what do I do with it? Mostly play mercenary and stick to basic gameplay, which is even more boring after a while. Basic gameplay as mercenary is embracing the grind loop, going vassal or independent is embracing the lack of content and dealing with it. Though there was a guy on another thread that has basically taught me how to play BL in the current state as an Independent Kingdom, which seems to be the only way to actually do it effectively, consists of basically going around all missing features and underlying issues by gaming the game, can see it as being fun, but only for a single play, if you start having to repeat that to achieve success it becomes boring too. :*( hahaha

So far the only fun I've had was by adding the XP multiplier mod and basically turn the leveling into something that feels rewarding,
    Would you share this guide link? Would like to give it a read. Thanks in advance!
  15. Beta Patch Notes e1.4.0

Yea, they claimed the perk overhaul is beeing worked on 2 weeks ago? What has changed since release (5 weeks) then? Does my perk to get +1 companion now work?
    Just one example
    I´m happy for you if you enjoy this "game". I don´t because of all of this issues.

But hey, the next update maybe nerf those Battanian Champions?!

Was not meant to pour all my salt on you, sorry if it seems that way. It was more a general thought after reading 10+ similar comments in different threads.

Yeah, I know. The perks are borked and it's a pain in the ass. However, I think it was Callum or Mexxxico that said in one of the threads they are completely re-working the perk system - so maybe that's the reason they were not fixed yet? IDK, let's wait and see.

Balancing the archers in general would be good - but I'd rather wait with the balancing until all the features are in.
    For now, I use the armour/combat balance mods and it is playable. Check out those two combined - it really changes things a bit.

Back
Top Bottom