Recent content by Xratter

1. Xratter

SP - General 273 hours logged in - my issues with the game.

Wow, this post took a while to compile and then write out! I agree with most of this. Some of these things are unlikely to be implemented in game, but I understand why it's included in this post.
  2. Xratter

Companions are not clansmen in this system

The mechanics of companions is not too bad. It would be nice to increase how many you can have if you have to use them for caravans as well. Or don't have the caravan leaders count towards companion limit in your party.

Edit: they take much too long to level up right now

Those are two very good alternatives to the system the way it is right now...

and yes, they take way too long to level up at the moment. It looks like the beta is going to try and work on this by starting them out with worse skills so they will start to level more frequently, even if they start out weaker.
  3. Xratter

I started out leaving them in my party too. I had no idea what caravans did, how they worked, and was worried about the inconsistent gold that I had read about. Now that I have my own kingdom, the early parts of fighting other kingdoms is very lopsided, so the money allows me to barter for peace. It might take me 40k to buy peace, but with my caravans, the "swimming in gold" part is very useful.
  4. Xratter

Should I create Caravans or parties with companions?

Just created a thread about this very issue.

I create caravans with them. Caravans have allowed me financial security. As it stands right now, I would not have companions do anything other than lead a caravan. My caravans (I have 6 in my most recent playthrough) are making me between 2000 gold (on a **** day) and 5000 gold (on a great day). Usually I'm making 3000-3750 per day. They are ALWAYS profitable after they have been up and running for a couple weeks, so you don't need to worry about that.

I wish they would change it so you don't require a companion for a caravan. I do not see any reason to require them, and it breaks the game design of them being part of your clan.
  5. Xratter

The best use for companions at the moment are as caravan leaders. I have not "beaten" the game, but in my most recent playthrough I'm over 400 days in and have 6 caravans going. They're making me anywhere from 2000 gold (**** day) to 5000 gold (awesome day) a day. I have 2 cities, and have 5...
  6. Xratter

Companion Recruitment System Suggestion

This is an interesting idea. Not sure how much of this would get implemented, but I'd like to see companions get an overhaul. They are an iconic part of M&B1 and should be for M&B2 as well. This could help make it a little different from the original game.
  7. Xratter

The game so far...

one fraction becoming too strong and conquering the whole map and ending the game.

Ok, yes the steamrolling. I'm not sure whether that is a bug or just a design flaw, but either way it's semantics picking between the two. It's definitely the biggest issue they need to fix.
  8. Xratter

The game so far...

O its an alpha release with speed of the game increased by 5, countless gamebreaking bugs, not working quests and missing content. making the game getting finished too fast and leaving a feeling of "seen that, done that" after a week after playing it.

I would say it's well beyond an alpha. This is definitely in beta realm. What gamebreaking bugs are you referring to? I've had minor bugs and seen missing content, but nothing that prevented me from continuing to move forward in the game.

I will agree that there is more content that's needing to be added, since it borrows heavily from warband, but you think that it only has a weeks worth of playtime? I think that's being a bit pessimistic. I think it's at least on par with warband right now, and with the altered approaches to combat, economy, tournaments, kingdom building, sieges, and everything else, I see it as having a lot more potential.
  9. Xratter

The game so far...

So far, I've played the game for two days. I've gotten my game up to day 80. Really enjoying how the game is shaping up so far, and think it will be better than Warband (400 hours in Warband) by the end of it. The quick hotfixes and turn around on early access has been very promising from the...
Back
Top Bottom