Recent content by Windmill

1. Windmill

NA_PW_4 Event: Reopening Old Wounds

Lee_Of_Finland said:
    Sour about that crash, but the server has its limits on epic RP :grin: Looking forward to another try with this event! :grin:

ya, that was very unfortunate, sorry guys!  It was fun, though while it lasted!  We were running training drills at the arena preparing for our impending battle on our mortal enemies!  We'll schedule it for another time.
  2. Windmill

NA_PW4_RolePlay Official Server Thread

Nicolaj95 said:
    my new faction(light RP) on this server http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=196200.new#new

I suggest you look at some of the more populated RP group threads to get an idea of how to get people to join your own group.  Good luck!  :smile:
  3. Windmill

NA_PW4_RolePlay Ban List/ Appeal thread(updated 6/4)

I'm now looking into it, Boarlady.  I'll let you know what conclusion I come to after I take a peek at the logs.
  4. Windmill

[NA Event] The Sounds of Rust and Blood [9/11]

Yes, there's currently another event we're scheduling so I don't want this to impede on that.  I'll keep you updated.

Also, I'm working on another event which should be very fun.
  5. Windmill

NA_TWW_RolePlay Complaint/Suggestion Thread/Ban Appeal Thread

uMad said:
    The admins be trollin'

Unless you post a complaint that has taken more than 10 seconds to fully realize and type out, zero seriousness will be given to this.  Otherwise, you look like you be trollin'  :???:
  6. Windmill

NA_PW4_RolePlay Complaint/Suggestion Thread

Splintert said:
    Problems I have with the rules at the moment:

1) Right now, peasants are completely protected from 'bandits' because 1) there's a robbery limit and 2) there's no defined outlaw faction. How is that even remotely playing the role of a peasant?

Solution:
    Instead of a solid limit, there could be a recommendation. I'll elaborate. For example, the recommendation would symbolize the highest amount that would result in 0% chance of being punished for asking that much. As the robber raises the amount, the role play involved would have to be more involved and detailed.

2) Currently, the 'outlaw faction' is 100% empty 95% of the time. No one uses it. This is because of the logic break in using them as lawmen. Nearly everyone I have talked to, including a small portion of the more opinionated administrative team, have agreed with my opinion that this rule should be either dropped or heavily modified. Not a single feature of the mod or a single map has supported this rule. Even DrDeath's own map placed outlaws in an outlaw-like place. And the rule existed when he made it.

Solution:
    Drop the rule. Bring back outlaws = outlaws and commoners cannot rob. The reason I have heard for this rule is 'metagaming'. I laugh at that, when someone walks up to you and says "Hand over 400 denars" you can pretty much assume that they are outlaws. And when a commoner reports the outlaw to the patrols, we can presume that they gave a brief description and that a ragged clothed armed man suspiciously running away from the crime scene would be suspect. The reason people came to hate outlaws is because plate armour was available to everyone, so the outlaws used it. Don't put plate armour in the commoner town, aye?

3) Admins should never be able to out right deny a request for something. I've been told at least a dozen times that assassins have to be given permission. Guess what? They don't. Read the rules.
    The same goes for declarations of war(although the rules do state that admins are to accept or deny wars). Admins don't have the context of these 'illegitimate wars', so why should they be able to protect people from it? War was a part of medieval society. God did not yell at the Germanic tribes for attacking Rome repeatedly, so why should the tiny, "peaceful role play", faction slot and castle taking factions be protected for the sole reason of "they are peaceful"? The "peaceful roleplayers" can have their peace until they get declared war on. Guess what? It's time to get off their keyboard and start getting ready for combat.

Solution:
    Kindly remind nearly the entire admin team that assassinations don't have to be 'accepted'. Also, drop or modify the clause stating that all wars must go through admin approval. Perhaps something that allows admins to stop only the obvious randoming wars, such as those declared on factions that just started or that don't own anything.

1.  That is not protection.  Not knowing who an outlaw is a way of breaking protection.  Every Commoner has the capacity to rob each other.  The guy you're mining next to may go sell his ore, buy a sword and come back and rob you.  If the outlaw faction were in effect, then the Commoner would know that that person is likely to rob you and preemptively react.  A warning of who is likely to attack you is protection, believe it or not.  Your idea of ratio of gold amount vs roleplay quality/quantity is unnecessary when players always have to RolePlay with each other regardless of how much they're robbing. 

Notice the rule:
    Windmill said:
    Any and all factions must RP at all times before doing anything.  If RP is measured to be illegitimate or otherwise poor quality, admins can and will intervene; for example, anyone who says, "500 or die," will undoubtedly end up with a swift boot to the server lobby curb.

2.  You're right, most maps aren't optimized for this rule-set.  Though, I differ from your mentality that maps should define the rules.  I think rules should define the map; unfortunately, that's more complicated.  We currently have a number of people on our team learning how to map to create new scenes and update old favorites.

3.  This is a roleplay server.  We're not going to ask RolePlayers to stop roleplaying to play Team Deathmatch.  This rule was created mainly to protect small factions who are, yes, roleplaying or just starting out.  This isn't real life, this is a video game.  I'm sure "God did not yell at" wars throughout history, but this isn't real life, Splintert, this is a video game.  People come on here to have fun, and when there are factions that declare war for the sake of killing and taking castles, there should definitely be regulatory action taken.
  7. Windmill

Administrators.

Barradin said:
    http://napw4roleplay.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=9

That's the link to officially apply. If you want other admins to support you, your best bet is to actually interact with them in game prior to asking for their support on the spot or on the forums without any other interaction. Prove to them you are worthy of their recommendation by getting the crowd to roleplay, and roleplaying well yourself. One of the main reasons to even have admins is because they serve as leader figures for both enforcing the rules and encouraging the players to play right!

QFT.

I also encourage you, and anyone else applying for admin to get on TeamSpeak often.  We only recruit admins we know and trust.  And there's no better way than to talk to us.

It's important to note that very little weight is put on applications.  It's just a way to see that you can write competently and that you're interested in the job of admin.
  8. Windmill

Wife for hire

um...

I'm at a loss..
  9. Windmill

What type of PW character are you?

****... I'm a Vincenzo.  :eek:
  10. Windmill

Splintert said:
    Because there is a very delicate supply of persons willing to make a map. We want to make them continue, so let them have all the creative freedom they want. You only have to make rules once, then modify. Maps have to be completely re-made.

It's just easier to maintain small rule changes than complete map redesigns.

I see.
  11. Windmill

Screenshots

NA_TWW_RolePlay Fort:
    4CFFAF4218BFD5EE6CC76FE587FF96AF03728678

D3C97185BD2B879447E243993816227BDEBAA511

NA_PW_RolePlay "Sounds of Rust and Blood" Gladiator Event:
    A3CBE82BB882DC969191CC838A08777ED982A0FE

CA301C725B7E0452166961B00185C88F473B28B5

12. Windmill

Splintert said:
    Server rules should revolve around the maps, not the other way around.

Why not? 
  13. Windmill

Splintert said:
    I think that the rule needs to be better defined. Either you get map makers to make outlaws actually into lawmen, or you drop the rule.

Right now we have lawmen positioned in deep, dark forests and mountain hideouts. It's a joke, really.

A joke?  Hm.  I see.  I didn't realize... Well, it's not a very funny joke, anyway.

What I may do is make it so both Commoners and Outlaws are essentially the same thing.  Both factions can murder, steal, live according to the law, etc.  Then, the last faction (furthest right on the player menu) would always be designated to Town Watch.  Or, maybe I'll disband Town Watch as a persistent faction, altogether.  We'll see.

14. Windmill

That's an interesting analogy, avenged.  :wink:  Any suggestions on how you would like it to be changed?
  15. Windmill

NA_PW4_RolePlay Official Server Thread

As many of you guys are aware of NA now has a TWW server.  We'll be updating our website to include TWW.  However, this is all I'm going to say about it here as this is a PW thread, and that is how I intend to keep.
Back
Top Bottom