Recent content by WillieTheWolf

1. WillieTheWolf

Release Plans

I hope is not too far but It would be great if you guys put a bit of effort into how the names are pronounced.
    Arzagos, an imperial name, should not have an English pronunciation and should use the Latin vowel sounds.

It will truly elevate the vice over if only proper names have a pronunciation matching the culture.
    Arzeigous sounds even more like a made-up name when pronounced in such a phoned-in way.

Let the accents shine!
  2. WillieTheWolf

Resolved Multiplayer Login Failed

I came across this post and this is how I corrected it. My problem was that the installed version did not match the current version (as I haven't played in about a month or two).

Steam seems to not auto-update the game and in some instances, it won't show any of the beta options available.

So I had to select "Opt out of all betas", close the panel, open the panel again and now in the betas tab and drop down menu it showed all the available versions, including the current one.

I'll leave this here in case it can help anyone with the same problem.
  3. WillieTheWolf

Castles Should be Harder to Get and More Useful When You Do

As soon as I saw that castles are not preventing enemy movement in any way I knew they were as useless as in previous M&B. There should be some area of effect around castles that will prevent movement apply tariffs.
    One thing that I don't think happens is that AI lords don't rest at places. THat's how castles and towns should earn an additional income based on traffic.

The area of effect I think it should be more about you being able to use the garrisoned troops to engage AI lords passing by. Not automatically and not affecting movement, but knowing that if you go skipping around a heavy garrisoned castle,you might get attacked (based on factors like how big the garrison is).
  4. WillieTheWolf

Need More Info Crash on launch when 12 or more mods installed >EVEN WHEN MODS ARE DISABLED IN LAUNCHER<

Have you guys tried to launch the game with an alternate launcher? There is one or two on nexus right now with order management as well.

Kinda ridiculous, but the solution to too many mods is...MORE MODS.

My game launched without issue once I installed the patched community launcher from Nexus, which solves an issue with module order.
  5. WillieTheWolf

Need More Info Issue where there is random restarts of my computer

Sorry for spamming this post, but an update:

I went ahead and downloaded one of the studio drivers, and it didn't change anything unfortunately.
    Last update for Nvidia studio drivers was February, so they are a bit dated.
    You might just have to wait for them to release new drivers. Or roll back your beta or graphic drivers if there was a time they worked with no crashes (I would try rolling the drivers first, then the game beta) for the time being.
  6. WillieTheWolf

Need More Info Issue where there is random restarts of my computer

I was having something similar to this during early access. I use the Nvidia Studio Drivers.

Now, I can't guarantee it was one thing or the other. Maybe they patched something, but I was having those shutdowns with no crashlogs, BSOD or dumps, exclusively while playing Bannerlord (no issue with other games or software way more demanding that Bannerlord). Nvidia released a new update and I never had those crashes again (and those studio drivers always goa bit behind because they are made for reliability).

But also it could have been an issue with the Bannerlord and the RAM that possibly was patched at some point around the same time. The RAM issue was my theory all along until it stopped happening.

Anyway, somehow it got fix eventually. It's good that you have a save where you can reproduce the crash, because that certainly will tip them in the right direction. Otherwise, you just have to hope they stumble upon it.
  7. WillieTheWolf

Need More Info Crash on launch when 12 or more mods installed >EVEN WHEN MODS ARE DISABLED IN LAUNCHER<

This is probably my same issue. I don't have the patience right now to go deleting mods. Hopefully they'll address your issue and hopefully will be the same.

I was just yesterday thinking that they need to figure out a better way to display the mods in a save so it doesn't overlap with the save stats on the bottom right. Maybe this is related to that.
  8. WillieTheWolf

Patch Notes e1.0.8

Ask around in taverns and the town about the spy. The citizens will give you specific details about the spy (e.g: beard, no markings, sword). Once you have enough details (the game will tell you this), go around the town's gang areas. Each gang area has a few eligible NPC contenders that may be the spy - look around and try to match the details to the contenders. If there are none of the contenders in a gang area that match the spy's features, move on.

Sometimes the contenders won't spawn. You will have to leave the scene/town and come back (load in again).

Also one fo the tips is a lie. Supposedly, you can identify which one is not true by the way the text is written, as it lacks of certainty or sounds made up.
  9. WillieTheWolf

Patch Notes e1.0.7

Good point. Yes there can be grand tournaments once twice a season with bigger prizes and bigger betting limits / odds. Its a good idea. Let us think this.

The whole tournament system needs an overhaul, especially after these last changes. But you pointed there in the right direction.

The way I think it should work:

Overall Idea: Tournament quality and payout depend on renown and ranking in the tournament leaderboards. Some tournaments you can't join because they are out of your league.

So when you start the game you can only do crappy Local Tournaments, with low bet limits and poor payout.

The more you progress up the leaderboard, the better the prices get, the higher the stakes/bet limits, given you are fighting better warriors.

Then you have the Regional Grand Tourneys. Those are only for participants on the top 16 of the leader boards. Whoever wins, moves onto The Grand Tourney.

On THE WORLD GRAND TOURNEY, the previous Calradian World Champion has to defend their title against the newcomer. This is a huge stakes, great prizes tournament. This is Pacquiao vs Mayweather in las Vegas. This tourney has a different structure, with different stages with an x amount of rounds each. These stages are divided in ranged, hand to hand and mounted. For ranged could be some timed target shooting. Hand to hand with different weapons per round (first round chosen by the winner, next ones by the loser of the previous round) And finally a joust. A proper joust 1v1 in straight line making passes until one falls.

Before the main constest, there are some opening fights (by invite only among the 3 highest positions on the Regional Gran Tourneys) so even if you didn't win top #1, you might still have a chance to participate but a way way smaller price but still pretty good renown.

After The Grand Tourney leaderboards reset. Once you qualify for regionals you prequalify for the next season if you are in the top half, so you don't have to earn your status again at the local tourneys.

Local tourneys remain open for high level players but the payout makes it not worth so the system should self-regulate as a player would not play in locals if it's not to grief the low level warriors.

I also think that the regional tourneys and leaderboards should be truly regional (as in Vlandia regional tournament) and that the winners of each regional should go in a grand tourney against the winners of the other regions before THE WORLD GRAND TOURNEY, but that implies multiple leaderboards.

Its not the money -we need more ceremony and praise for winning the Tourney. Watch Gladiator a few times -its the glory you should feel but at the moment it feels like "meh -you won. Cyas later."

And of course, tournaments SHOULD improve relations with the towns and their people. You are their champion now. And get invited to the grand hall. What is this bs of winning and not even getting an audience without a bribe?

Ultimately, what I'm trying to show with this is that Tournaments should feel like you can progress, that it's another aspect of gameplay and not just a thing you savescumm for money and high tier gear when you are starting.

Before this update, tournaments weren't much: pretty repetitive, pay and prize is nothing to write home after the first 4h of gameplay, Just something different to do with a little kick on the side.

But with this latest update, it has no place after just 2h of gameplay.

The tournament should be something you look forward to, that you fight to qualify. Something that over time gets BETTER not worse. It's entertainment. The better you are, the more cache you have. The higher the stakes. The more people all over Calradia loves you (except for the region/kingdom you steal the title from).

Give it some story, some life. Create great rivalries with other NPCs. And with the aging system and characters dying? You can be the World champion and lose it to old age! Remain undefeated for generations! The glory! Or the shame if a newcomer takes it from you.

Just think of all the life it could have and add to the game if instead of neutering it, you gave it a good boost. You could play the game exclusively for the league!
    ~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~
    Other two issues I see with the patch are the reduction of horse loot (someone mentioned that the logic with the troop prisoners should apply to the horses and I completely agree with that statement) and the fact that clans with settlements cannot be mercenaries. I know historical accuracy is not necessarily the goal here, but plenty of nations and clans offered they help in wars just for coin, with no Vassalage (which implies you get protection in exchange). When you are a little **** but you want to remain independent I don't see why not.
  10. WillieTheWolf

Character creation returns very similar looking characters. No enough phenotypes. Is this going to be expanded?

I feel like there are about 5 different kinda looks you can achieve with the character creation tool, and then every other single combination just looks like they are related, like there are not enough phenotypes. And the eyes...somehow almost everybody has very similar "look". Another thing...
  11. WillieTheWolf

Resolved Audio stuck on loop at the end of battle (video included) - e1.0.1

The audio may be a bit low because for some reason MSFT games recording always gets really low volume for me. The bug: At the end of a battle in a hideout, the last of my soldiers started fleeing and right after the last enemy was killed. After the battle report screen was closed, the audio...
  12. WillieTheWolf

Official release date of EA

Only difference is from now on i will drink green tea instead of black
    Is this a reference I'm missing? I love black tea. Why switching to green?
  13. WillieTheWolf

When in march 2020 will bannerlord be released

placeholder, most likely.

Place holder or not, it's kinda odd that that changed it to March 2020 from March 31 2020 when it was brought up:
    Change #U:14920624 - 6 days ago · 13 February 2020 – 20:40:12 UTC
    Changed Store Release Date – 31 March 2020 › March 2020

And then change it back today to the 31st:

Change #U:14999571 - about an hour ago · 19 February 2020 – 18:40:07 UTC
    • Changed Store Release Date – March 2020 › 31 March 2020
    Unless this is some kind of automatic change by Steam when the release date is not properly set, the change is as well consistent to how Alyx date was announced (from March 31st to just March 2020 then to the final date of March 23rd), making me feel that the change is deliberate and not some kind of bug or automatic change.
  14. WillieTheWolf

When in march 2020 will bannerlord be released

Callum_TaleWorlds said:
    To be fair, it is a bit of a smaller time window than we used to give. :grin:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

After all these years, a month seems reasonable to me. The first or the 30th, make no difference really. It's a drop in the bucket.

Back
Top Bottom