Recent content by wbst

1. Companions Names

Nikomakkos said:
    Adolion said:
    Clagius said:
    Turn edit mode on from Launcher, from config and then you can. (If I remember correctly)

Thank you that worked on the appearance
    But i still cant change the names, Any suggestions ??

Morgh's Tools?  You would probably have to start a new game though.

Quickly reviewing the save format, it seems like an update in Morgh's should work (though I haven't checked), since the troop name is only stored if they're a hero that's been renamed.

Either way, I did a quick update to WBST which allows for renaming hero units, this will definitely work without restarting your game. I only did minimal testing, so please make sure you either work on a copy, or save as a separate file. The update isn't noted in the forum thread, but the download link there will give you the updated 11/19 version.
  2. Give freelance mercenaries back their initial equipment?

In order to edit the items back to the original without restarting your game, you can use WBST to edit the troop inventory at the save file level (that feature released as of two days ago. :cool: ) You'll have to do a little poking around to figure out which troops to edit, and what the equipment ID is (since you want default, you can open a fresh save file and make note of the IDs.) Make sure you work on a copy of your save, don't edit the only copy you have, in case of any issues.
  3. Warband Save Tool (WBST) - alpha update #5, 2/23/2014

Several updates as detailed in the OP, including finally allowing for opening saves with non-companion troops.

Haven't gotten any specific requests or suggestions yet, so my own personal top desires are better handling picking directories (auto-detect, etc), and merging partially eaten food stacks, then we'll see what seems interesting from there. :smile:
  4. Warband Save Tool (WBST) - alpha update #5, 2/23/2014

Yeah, I was wondering who would be the first to jump on a strange binary by a first time poster. :twisted: It runs quite happily without admin rights, at least. :smile:

And yep, prisoners will lead to a memory leak/probable crash (except maybe if they're lords, I haven't tested that specifically since I'd rather just fix it entirely.) Currently it pretends player party stacks don't exist since I think I need to read troops in from the mod in order to determine the flags on those, none of the flags in the saved game itself seemed to be relevant in that case. And it quite happily charges along trying to allocate gobs of memory based on completely wrong data, as you noticed. Sanity checks are definitely in order. I'm also hoping for some feedback as to what people would find useful - and I'm sure I'll get more/better of that by saying "hey I have sorta-functional prototype here, what should I add?" rather than the drive-by first post "I'm totally gonna actually do this, trust me, please waste your time giving me suggestions based on me having spent 30 seconds writing this." Not that that ever happens...
  5. Warband Save Tool (WBST) - alpha update #5, 2/23/2014

Warband Save Tool - Alpha Download 2/23/2014: Alpha update #5. Hero troops can be renamed, the index numbers are shown for globals again, can edit player info (face, kills), more stuff shown and everything editable in General tab, troop inventory editing, gamelog viewing and editing, some bug...
Back
Top Bottom