Recent content by Wagrid1616

1. Wagrid1616

Historical Swordsmanship

ares007 said:
    Unfortunately, school and finances have been limiting my ability to practice swordsmanship.

I feel your pain! College doesn't leave me much time to wave a sword about, alas.
  2. Wagrid1616

Historical Swordsmanship

I think I've given the wrong impression of how much I know here: I've actually been at this for over a year now. I'm just out of practice. I used "Fighting with the German Longsword" by Christian Henry Toblar, which adapts Ringeck's system into a more accessible format than the original fechtbuch. I have a messer and I currently have Albion's 'Landgraf' hanging on my wall. So I'm not a complete novice.

That said, I've been reading through your primer as a refresher and I very much like it. It explains things in a very clear manner. One thing I would suggest including pictures demonstrating the five 'master cuts' to make them more clear, however.
  3. Wagrid1616

Historical Swordsmanship

Yeah, they are the parts I find difficult. It doesn't help that I don't have much time to go practice often. Still I'm getting there.

What I find most useful are modern manuals that make the schools of the German masters accessible. The fechtbuchs would be utterly incomprehensible if you didn't know what you were doing.
  4. Wagrid1616

Marriage question

I have freindship in the 40's with half of Calradia based purely on releasing 'honourable' lords after battles.

EDIT: Sorted it! Sent half the lords on a mission to capture Shariz from the Sarranids which gave Count Klargus room to appear.
  5. Wagrid1616

Marriage question

The other lords got there before Count Klargus, he tends to dither about the the field for days then not show up. In 50 in game days of attempts this is the first time I'm got him to actually turn up.

So other lords are taking up space? Ah, I see, thank you! I shall exploit my high friendship to send half of them away.
  6. Wagrid1616

Historical Swordsmanship

I have dabbled in the German fencing school; Talhoffer's fechtbuch is not three feet from me as I type this but my ability to practice it is very limited. There is simply nowhere local I could learn it, ergo I am self taught (and modest enough to admit I'm very sloppy as a result). I also lack a partner, so I'm limited to solo drills. I hope to rectify this come summer however.
  7. Wagrid1616

Marriage question

He's not in the hall with the other Lords, yet he's shown as being at Suno on the overworld map. Most odd.
  8. Wagrid1616

Marriage question

I am betrothed to Count Klargus daughter, Lady Nelda. After 50 days of my father-in-law to be calling the wedding, then deciding that he had more pressing business to attend to he, and the other lords have finally gathered at Suno. Here is my problem however. I cannot initiate the wedding. I can...
  9. Wagrid1616

Calradia 1480 Zendar Offensive

Sorry about the double post here. But anyway, I solved the issues I was having in the above post, but now when I try to load it up I get "Unrecognised resource type rfver". I have no idea what this even means. Can anyone help?
  10. Wagrid1616

Calradia 1480 Zendar Offensive

Downloaded this earlier, can't wait to play it. However when I try to load it up (using Warband) I get the following error: "get_object failed for body:bo_siege_leadder_12 and is unable to load several textures.

When I try it with regular Mount & Blade I get a similar issue.

Neither version 1.0 or 1.11 works.
  11. Wagrid1616

Looking for certain kind of mod.

(If this is in the wrong section please move it). I'm looking for a mod that brings Calradia into the 14th/15th century. So weapons and armour inspired by that period, as well as updated factions.  Are there any good ones? I'm not really bothered about how completed they are, I'm just bored...
Back
Top Bottom