Recent content by w1r3dh4ck3r

1. w1r3dh4ck3r

[Strawpoll] If Taleworlds prepared another game, what you would do ?

Not at all, Bannerlord failed in basically all hopes I had to play a better and modern Warband, they delivered garbage as far as I know and I still play it but mostly because there no other game like it at the moment, but I do hope a truly competent studio is working on something right now.
  2. w1r3dh4ck3r

Taleworlds DEVs are you going to still work on the combat system?

You guys are all overreacting and defending something you love with passion this is fine, I am not your enemy though and all I wanted to know is in the title... Is the combat system finished? If it is I am disappointed because unlike you guys I expected something more, if you want to just eat the **** you are served just to lick the balls of the devs that is fine, for me it's lacking on that department, little Ragrat there talks as if he is the God of this game and I'll just ignore his useless input because calling people you know ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ABOUT inept because I simple don't like a feature of a recently released game is douchebaggery of the third degree, go f yourself my friend.

In another note, I've played a couple more hours and I think I understand what the d VS went for here, I don't think it's possible to have the combat sistem more complex because of the cheer ammount of units that we can have fighting at the same time, and I gota say the army fights are nice, army controls and formation fighting could be improved a lot.

About just wanting to complain yes I think I have that problem, if I am not satisfied with something I tend to let the people that are selling me the game know, If i am wrong or alone I'll be ignored if more people agree it might get better, the gaming industry will never be as quality driven as other industry's exactly because people like you guys.
  3. w1r3dh4ck3r

Watched up to 1:30 and it made me sick. He's basically saying "HURR MAKE IT SO I CAN HIT TWICE, ADD THE STUNLOCK BACK" or how about relying on your reflex? Getting the first hit in is it's own reward we don't need more stuns in the combat, being able to block at anytime at super fast rates encourages reflex based fighting.
    Not what anyone is saying, the combat is clunky and not well done, can it get some love? Some modernization? I mean loved warband but I sure as hell was expecting a little bit more than more than just prettier graphics.
  4. w1r3dh4ck3r

Don't use irony with me, plz. I'm still trying to understand what you expected to read here after you posted that video. Just because you are not able to parry like in Warband, is a bad game or there is something bad? is a joke, right?
    Sorry man I should not have said that, it's just frustrating when you are just trying to help make something (subjectively to me) better and people just come and say "it's fine as it is why change it?" not that you did that it's just how I felt I sincerely apologize.

Now I absolutely don't want to be able to do like in the video, I wanted a brutal and a balance between realism and fun combat system, I am not here complaining about not managing to be as good as I maybe was in warband, I played more Viking Conquest and I loved the shield walls in there, I expected mechanics to facilitate that kind of gameplay what I did not expect was the exact same combat system that we had in Warband.
  5. w1r3dh4ck3r

CO-OP Campaign / Storymode

It would be way cool. Every person I have ever talked to IRL who has played this game has mentioned how much they want a co-op feature in M&B.
    And yet devs refuse to think about it... Do they hate money?
  6. w1r3dh4ck3r

The game so far...

It's seems I am the only one that cares about the combat in the 3D world as I don't see people mentioning it, I think it's good but it has a long way to go. The combat system is as shallow as it was in Warband and in a game that launches in current year that is not acceptable, the loading screens are an annoyance that they should find a way to remove or at least reduce and the world should be more diagetic, I should be able to interact a little bit with the scenery and for Gods sake add a stamina and walk, run sprint mechanics.
  7. w1r3dh4ck3r

The combat is not "better." It's literally Warband's combat system with a new physics engine and some features missing (like auto block)
    Yeah I expected AT MINIMUM a 6 directional attack/parry system, we got not even that.
  8. w1r3dh4ck3r

I'm having a blast and I think its a lot better than old games. Good job Taleworlds!
    I envy you I really do, wish I could have fun with this game in its current state but I guess I'll have to wait.

This is why we've been getting serve **** for dinner in the gaming industry lately, thank you for this man...
  9. w1r3dh4ck3r

I don't think they are done with combat. At the end of beta they tried yet another mechanic with blocking that people didn't like and reverted it pretty quick since release was coming out. Armagan made a few posts and mentioned possibly having another branch for trying out different combat ideas. So even if they are bogged down in other things (which I have a feeling they will be) the desire to improve and try new things it is there at the top at least.

I'm interested to see the effect that all the new voices saying what a lot of beta players were for months will have on their design directions as well.
    So you guys on the beta had this same concerns? That is interesting to know, I mean its reinvigorating to imagine continued work on the combat system but it's kinda weird to spend so long in your game ha e the beta testers tell you it's not good and still run with it. Man people can say **** about Mordhal but if they removed all the silly and added a good stamina system that combat would be great in Bannerlord, also I was certain they would add mechanics for Phalanx gameplay, what I mean is when a group of players or npcs are together in formation they gain bonuses and can do some cool maneuvers that would otherwise not be possible. You see I think like some people pointed out in other places I just did not manage my expectations, I wanted a modern game with the same soul as warband, hope we get it some day.
  10. w1r3dh4ck3r

I believe they will have their hands full optimizing the game and fixing bugs, hardly doubt they will change any of already established game mechanics.
    That is what I feared! Well then I am gonna have to wait for a similar game that does not consider 3d combat as a throw away feature. I mean do people really play this game just auto resolving every battle? If this game had no 3d world just the map view would you play it? I would not because as a management game Civilization is better, I wanted to play bannerlord because it brings those two things together... Oh well it's a shame.
  11. w1r3dh4ck3r

it really is just getting used to it if you can only win by circle strafing you just havent gotten the hang of it yet
    My god man its not what I meant, I could get used to it and learn everything about it but why would I do that if I don't like its current state?
  12. w1r3dh4ck3r

I'm way worse of a Warband player than you, it seems, and I'm doing just fine on Realistic, even with low-level characters. It's just a matter of timing and you being able to adapt to it.

Even so, yes, this is an EA and they'll work on everything. If you have bugs, report them; if you have suggestion, create a proper thread for each one so they can separate things, and argue well, not just "pls improve this".
    Just asking if they are going to work on it so I can decide if I'll try to refund it, if this is the direction they are going with the 3D world (leaving it as an afterthought) I can't see myself playing this game with just auto resolve.
  13. w1r3dh4ck3r

You just have to get used it, after playing for a dozen hours I finally sort of got the hang of it.
    Its no really a question of getting used to it, I can defeat any AI one to one with the circle strafe strategy... was that what I wanted from this game? not at all. I don't like the combat system in this game, in Warband it was acceptable even good for its time but its 2020 we have great melee combat games out there and I feel like Taleworlds just did not learn anything from Warband, they just made it look better.

And guys I know how I sound its bad and I do apologize, its just been too long and I really wanted this game to be good.
  14. w1r3dh4ck3r

Can I please get an answer to this? because its been a hard couple of days, I waited for so long the hype was incredible and when I got the game on release (I know its early access and all that) I was so disapointed with the part that I liked the most about Warband, are you still going to work...
Back
Top Bottom