Recent content by vonsch

1. Can't control troops after enemy flees

I too hate the change where we lose control of our own troops once the enemies are fleeing. Taking control from the player when the player is winning is a bad (as in "not fun") thing. Makes sense when we get knocked out, not when we are so much in control we won the battle.

Please change it back.
  2. Beginners Questions

Just select the menu line to walk around the town while it's night.

r1d3 said:
    The map is exactly, what I was looking for, muchas gracias!

r1d3 said:
    I have accepted a quest about night bandits, is there a possibility to leave the city alone without disbanding my party?

Can anyone answer this question?
    In the text it was stated that the bandits would only show up if I were alone, but I do not want to have to reassemble my party..

Thx for all the answers!

r1d3
  3. Best Blunt weapon in the game?

I have my companions all using heavy military hammers with a shield when mounted. I've tried polearms and staves, but the rate of "kills" drops way off. I like the versatility: works on the charge and when swarmed. I pretty much leave them with it all the time these days, though it's probably not optimal in sieges.

It's also 90 in reach, which is pretty decent.
  4. Custow Faction Discussion

It's easier than that at the moment. Head to Custow immediately and into the tavern. Go make a cup of coffee, check your mail, exercise a few minutes... then come back and hire two of them (your relations will have gone up enough to hire at least two level 1s). Step out the tavern door, come back in... go fill the dishwasher, return and hire the other two.

Taverns boost relations fast. You can boost all 4 to high relations in the tavern by having two in your party and the other two unhired standing there too. That takes a bit longer (need 50 to get them to move to your own new camp and join your faction), but it also requires no actions beyond the initial ones described above. That means they can't escape while your not paying attention and sneak back and found Swadia before you can catch them again (as has happened to me.)

To eliminate this sorta exploit  :grin:, spawn these heroes at scattered distances with small parties so they take their time coming "home" so they aren't all there at once. Having them all sitting there slugging back the brewskis at the start is a very tempting (and low effort) target for grabbing 4-5 (Wirt the something there too). I've picked up some other low levels by hitting their camps and patrolling a bit too, but that's considerably more effort than sitting around in the tavern.

5. Custom Settlements 0.675 Download & Description & Discussion

Heh, in my current game Custow is still peasant. They seem to be missing all their potential lords who up and moved with me.  :wink:

Of course, they are all Swadian anyway...
  6. Custom Settlements 0.675 Bug Report Thread

Not a big deal, but if you start with a noble (and thus a banner), when you hit Military 1 level you are still offered the chance to choose a banner.
  7. Custom Settlements 0.675 Bug Report Thread

Ok, new datum. When I let the 0.675 game run after the weaponsmith CTD (avoid the weaponsmith a week) the problem cleared up. This suggests to me that it's one (or more) bad items that are moved into inventory and then rotated out.

So game should be playable if you leave saves on, save before shopping, and restore and wait a while to try again if you CTD.

Still haven't found a combination of 0.675 and OSP 1.11 that I can make work right with the new items though.
  8. Request and Suggest

Decommissioning/retiring military units:

Depending on play style, you can end up with a lot of military units and few civilian ones. It would be nice to have each tier of unit promotions allow every military unit the option of "promoting" to the base civilian unit of Peasant Man/Woman. Or perhaps that at the lower tiers, and the higher might retire to something further up the civilian tree (craftsman? townsman?). Maybe we could also have the option to "conscript" lumberers/quarriers/etc back as recruits. This would allow as circular "progression" as needs dictated from civilian -> military -> civilian, though the experience cost when re-enlisting would make re-training military units take a while.

Also, as someone else has mentioned, the male/female branches of the tree create a lot of unit type spam which fills the party and town lists too fast. Especially when the number of heroes in this mod are considered. I'm for a split where some unit types come in the female branches, others in the male, with no identical units in both branches aside from the recruit (and maybe militia) level. If there's any practical way to do this with civilian units it would also be a help. As it stands multicultural towns are contraindicated.  :shock:  That's probably somewhat "realistic" for the "period" though.

"Traveler" visitors:

I noted in my first game with 0.675 that visitors ("a traveler has arrived") to camps/towns were of the peasant tree. This was very useful in generating population in a camp far from the center where more peasant parties spam from Cursow. In my current game I am only seeing those visitors from the traveler tree. I can't recruit them at all yet (they aren't impressed with my camp which is 0/0 still.) I have to hunt down peasant parties for base population. I'm not sure why this is the case, but it may related to the first hero I hired? I grabbed an adventurer this time. The first game I am pretty sure I got a peasant hero.

In any case it seems to me this should be random. I let the game idle all through the work day yesterday to see if it varied. No, all fro traveler tree. I had about 50 piled in one spot in my current camp.  :grin: Looked like they were having a big discussion on the merits of joining my camp, but it wasn't going well for me.
  9. Custom Settlements 0.675 Bug Report Thread

Berpol said:
    vonsch said:
    So it looks like I have the wrong textures folder despite pulling it from the OSP 1.11 archive? I checked that in the archive and it doesn't have it either.
    These files should be in the 0.675 download for the full mod.

Yes, they are. But the instructions for fixing the bug say to delete that folder and let the install of OSP 1.11 replace them.

I'll give it a try with the 0.675 though. Just had the black merchant screen in my new 0.675 game again. Going to try to wait it out and see if an inventory refresh clears it.

Thanks for the help.  :wink:
  10. Custom Settlements 0.675 Bug Report Thread

I haven't started the mod myself yet so some general things you can check.
    Does the modules.ini file include a line (last line) load_mod_resource = CustomSettlements
    Yep

Does your Resource folder include the CustomSettlements.brf?
    Yep

Does your Textures folder include a rampant_lion_red1.dds?
    Nope

With a full install these should all be included but it's the only thing I can think of for now.

So it looks like I have the wrong textures folder despite pulling it from the OSP 1.11 archive? I checked that in the archive and it doesn't have it either.
  11. Custom Settlements 0.675 Bug Report Thread

wickedshot said:
    Ya, you'd prolly need to start a new game.

Best way to check right off is to go to Custow and check all the merchants there to see if it crashes.

I created a new mod directory, put a fresh install of 0.675 in there, patched as directed (OSP 1.11 and text files from source rar) and started a new game. Went straight to Custow, hit weapons vendor and it crashed saying it couldn't find some mesh. (glaive was the first)

Trying one more time with a fresh download of the main file.

This time it the horse merchant and same result. "RGL Warning: unable to find mesh rampant_lion_red1" A whole bunch more follow. When done Xing them off, takes me to mechant display with mostly missing horses. The stock ones are there. Game goes on after that, apparently fine.
    Running XP.

If I run stock 0.675 I just get a black screen followed by a crash.
  12. Custom Settlements 0.675 Bug Report Thread

Rize said:
    It worked. If anyone has the same errors, just:

1. Download the source files from the main thread
    2. delete Resources and Texture folders
    3. download and install OSP Add-on v1.11
    4. put the text files from "OSP Alternate Text Files" into the custom settlements folder and let them overwrite

I get missing textures when I do this. Is the problem that this isn't backward compatible in the save?

I think I will revert to the original and play on and see if once the vendor refreshes I can see the inventory again. Or when my own weapons vendor comes in, maybe that one will work.

I love the mod so far. Aside from poking my nose into an EMPxxx camp, haven't seen any significant issues.
Back
Top Bottom